ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LOL! bluechip spares again

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
As someone who has 7 years experience in the motor trade I can tell you that the market value of most the Clio range is naff all. Obviously the newer shapes do hold a value still but my ph1 for example would book at around 300-500.

Mods on cars are worthless in the trade and it pained me week in week out arguing with people on the weekend when they came in to see how much they could get for their modded corsa vxr's or vw golf's against a new impreza. The trade gives no f**ks if your coilovers are adjustable 6 million ways and your exhaust is made of titanium aint going to do profits any good when we have to block the car.

As said, you get what the market pays and in this instance we are that market, we put up with rattles and bumps and s**t electrics and chocolate gear boxes because we love the little French s**tbox that will have anything in the twisties.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
You've only been in it 7 years and your still using phrases like 'block it'.....

There is no hope for any of us.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Trade lingo. Car salesmen.. very special breed. Moved on from the car trade now and am currently in the investment world...so yeah, there's no hope for anyone now!

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
Think Daniel wrote the book on trade lingo in car sales, unfortunately it's bristolian so difficult for some to read ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people trying to earn money and being self employed, but there goes a saying, never s**t on your own doorstep. To offer people such insulting amounts and then advertise a spoiler elsewhere for £400 is a complete piss take. Anyone remember the clio 200 exhaust he offered £40 for?? Fcuking turd burglar.

I genuinely hope his business fails and he loses his house to the bank. I despise him.
The use of this phrase makes me happy.

But yeah, he's a f**king mong. He did it with a steering wheel t'other day. Up for £75. Offered something like £30 CASH (omgzz cash). No Deal. Upped offer to something realistic for once.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
oh and chip would you not admit sometimes (especially highly moded cars) are worth nowhere near what an owner wants , mods are dead money come resale , but are worth what they are worth to the person who fitted them .

In the cases I am talking about they WERE worth what the owner wants, they were priced sensibly.
If some numpty thinks that putting 5K of parts on their car increases their value 5K then of course they are wrong, but that wasnt the case at all, you're chatting about something you have no knowledge of mate, were taling nicely modified ITB cars with all the right mods up for 4K (that sold quickly at that price too) and him coming along telling people they were idiots and it was only worth 1500 quid etc in a for sale thread where there rules of the forum forbid such pointless spamming.
It wasnt that he was PM'ing an offer, just joining everyones for sale threads just to **** off their prices for no reason and with utterly no basis for his comments.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't commenting on specifics Chip , but why does everyone get so wound up by the bloke ? don't sell to him with his silly offers and don't buy at his inflated prices ?

All the people i know who trade in cars go in at rock bottom prices to sellers ? i am not seeing what he is doing any different to anyone else if they don't want to sell they don't , if they do then thats what they are happy with for a quick sale .

I think your all missing the point when it comes to buying and selling for profit ,

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I wasn't commenting on specifics Chip , but why does everyone get so wound up by the bloke ? don't sell to him with his silly offers and don't buy at his inflated prices ?

For a bright bloke, you seem pretty unable to read.

He wasnt making offers, he was just joining for sale threads against the forum rules purely to **** off the prices.

I think your all missing the point when it comes to buying and selling for profit ,
Nope, we all understand that, I make low offers on parts myself sometimes if its something I only half want, but I do so by PM and with respect, not by joining for sale threads slagging people off and telling them their prices are too high.

Its YOU that is missing the point as you didnt see it happening, it was extremely disrespectful.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
Dan's got it in one, the boys just got no finesse about it. He'll talk utter b****cks and say something is worth X amount and then put it up for over double that.

There's no ins and outs, he's just a full on t**t. But if he doesn't care what people think then let him get on with it, he's obviously making a few quid.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chip i apologise if his posts have been disrespectful to people , but the start of the thread ws more along the lines of this bloke is smoking drugs with his prices . By low sell high is basic business , he has that right even if the way he goes about it isn't sound .

But the easiest way is as said above , ignore him , neither sell to or buy from , he'll move on elsewhere , but i suspect he finds he has a market and makes money .

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah in fairness you could make a pretty funny blog with some of the s**t he comes back with. You'd have to call it how not to talk to potential buyers lol.

Or fap scrap

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Stealth 438'd 182
I might ask him how much he'd take cash for a set of those lovely lightweight trophy wheel bolts I hear they add horsepowers?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Stealth 438'd 182
This TROPHY spoilerwill no doubt give your clio a serioussportier/sexier/sleeker visual appearanceand best of all some serious gains in performance, due to the amount of SHEER down force it creates; so faster cornering etc... hence why its fitted to try & tame the ultimate clio V6 model!!

hmmm... nope... thats retarded!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would laugh if he came back with the correct answers around unsprung weight and the affect it has on handling , which can make a car quicker .

maybe only of use running a lightweight car , but all those bits count at somepoint :rasp:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
i am all for making a cheeky bid ,but this place seems to run its own cars into the ground in terms of value .(unless they have just written it off )[/QUOTE]

Agree with this also sad but SO true !!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
would laugh if he came back with the correct answers around unsprung weight and the affect it has on handling , which can make a car quicker .

maybe only of use running a lightweight car , but all those bits count at somepoint :rasp:

The wheelnuts are the same mate, it was a joke.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I had a pair of Trendlines for sale a while ago. He messaged me saying i had massively overpriced them at £750 and he would pay £300. I never replied.

And now he has the cheek to ask £1400 for a pair, Whats so good about his that yours never had ?
Are his seats white gold plated with solid gold screws and nuts ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
I have never seen or heard of him on the forum so i cant comment on if he is a tool or not but from the ebay auctions i think it sums him up.
I know trophy parts from renault are silly but to have them on ebay for silly money is just stupid

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Parts might be cheaper on here but cars are massively over-valued.

Hence they never sell or you get countless replies of the person knocking the value down and eventually it will sell because it's at a proper price.

Washing it every week and being an 'enthusiast' doesn't mean it's worth a grand more than the others.

Yes, the guy is a massive mong though. But he's making more money than everyone else. It obviously all sells. His time of annoying people on CS is coming to an end though..

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Whats his current user name so i can have a look at his posts or are all the above users names active ?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Parts might be cheaper on here but cars are massively over-valued.

Hence they never sell or you get countless replies of the person knocking the value down and eventually it will sell because it's at a proper price.

Washing it every week and being an 'enthusiast' doesn't mean it's worth a grand more than the others.

Yes, the guy is a massive mong though. But he's making more money than everyone else. It obviously all sells. His time of annoying people on CS is coming to an end though..

Don't forget only ever running it on optimax (for the 6 months they've owned it), and never ever been tracked raced or rallied (for the 6 months they've owned it).

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 95.7%
22   1   0
  Many Things
Spoke to the guy a few times on the phone, asked how much for the front seats alone....£850! Not bad at all, I'm sure for £1400 you got pretty much the full lot from inside the car, trim wise.

Also the £500 damper also includes pretty much the whole suspension/drive components from that side of the car, which actually isnt a bad price at all.

Rear Spoiler comes with boot and struts, again maybe £50 over the odds, but to a trophy owner that's car has been rear ended it could come in pretty handy.

I paid just over £400 for my trophy spoiler from renault inc. paint, got some boot struts from a jag and they're better than the head smashing renault items anyway.