ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for 182, 80k max, FF, £3k IMPOSSIBLE!

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Anyone else been on the look out for a nice clean 182FF below 80k?

Very rare these days so it seems

If your thinking of selling let me know

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Got mine forsale although its far from standard/untouched example i think your after and 96k...so not tooo far off your 80k mark...and its 3k ;):ROFLMAO: Shameless plug

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Got mine forsale although its far from standard/untouched example i think your after and 96k...so not tooo far off your 80k mark...and its 3k ;):ROFLMAO: Shameless plug
I already have an Arctice blue track car unfortunately haha

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Depends what you’re after sub 80k and £3k your not going to get a mint car. We gave £2800 for one on 76k last year but it needed work.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
I don't get the mileage hang up sorry... Just seems a silly statement, why not just get the best maintained 182FF you can find for 3k?!?

I have always found selling high mileage cars harder than lower mileage cars.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
So. I have found a car, Not what I was originally after

The car will be used very little, Going the gym, Taking my son swimming, Pottering around, Iv always loved Infernos and have found this, I won't miss the AC and If I was to get this id plan on putting xenons on it and swapping seats for Trendlines

Belts, Depasher and water pump need doing after speaking to the guy, What do you all think?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
What do you mean about the AC? Has it been removed?

Looks tidy enough, but strong money for a car that needs the belts doing.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Cups don't come with Aircon do they?

182 Cups do, you can see the button on the heater panel.

Also, have they done anything about the advisories from the MOT?

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Do 182 cup's have ABS? That is something Ill be chatting to him about I think

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Do 182 cup's have ABS? That is something Ill be chatting to him about I think

Yep, only 172 Cups came without ABS.

182 Cups don’t have auto wipers or lights, due to lack of xenons. Throw a set of nightbreakers in the standard lights and they’re more than up to the job IMO.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Learn something new every day.. Found a few cars I quite like now, Need to start viewing I think

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Definitely have a look at a few before setting your mind on one. Unless it’s had all the big jobs sorted already.

RB 182 FF
Hmmm with the work needed it'll end up quite costly, his write up doesn't fill me with confidence either... I'd always buy off this forum ideally and then elsewhere if I couldn't find the right car...

RB 182 FF
With the age of these cars now you're in the realms of driveshafts, gearboxes, bushes, belts done properly etc etc... The more the owner can tell you about the conditions of these items the better...

On the plus side consumables like brakes are pretty cheap and easy to do, shocks etc are cheap as well which is good...

RB 182 FF
What about Ant1's Liquid Yellow for 3.5k? Mechanically amazing, bound to be reliable after all the work... Gearbox refurbed at 85k and new clutch, a massive bonus and would be one of my biggest worries from experience of spending £1800 on a new box and clutch myself...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So. I have found a car, Not what I was originally after

The car will be used very little, Going the gym, Taking my son swimming, Pottering around, Iv always loved Infernos and have found this, I won't miss the AC and If I was to get this id plan on putting xenons on it and swapping seats for Trendlines

Belts, Depasher and water pump need doing after speaking to the guy, What do you all think?

Bonnet looks like it's been painted blind folded.

Edit. Front end

That car inspires me the same as paying 10k for a 172 cup that's been polished.