ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook Pro thread.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've been thinking of selling mine. Currently it sits at the side of the i7 behemoth playing DVD's whilst I work it.

Let me know if you do sell mate, I've pretty much decided that I can't not get one at some point this year.

S3, Polo
While in Vegas last week (working) I bought a 15" 2.5ghz i7, 750gb (7200rpm) with high-res/ anti-glare, Magic Mouse and a 27" TB display.

Wondering if I should upgrade to 16gb memory for £180...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i'd go to 8(because its cheap and wont get cheaper), but 16 is silly.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Just installed the 8gb of RAM in my MBP.

Really easy to do - even for me! Took all of 5 mins. I can tell the differences straight away - especially with multiple programs open. Everything is much faster.

Great upgrade for £30!

dk

911 GTS Cab
While in Vegas last week (working) I bought a 15" 2.5ghz i7, 750gb (7200rpm) with high-res/ anti-glare, Magic Mouse and a 27" TB display.

Wondering if I should upgrade to 16gb memory for £180...

It was all going so well until you mentioned the pauper antiglare screen, oh well.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I stuck 8 gig in my early 2011 13inch as running a few VMs with 4 gig it wasn't that snappy. As soon as I dropped 8 gig in it's running great now with 2 VMs up working away.

Very tempted by an SSD as well.

S3, Polo
It was all going so well until you mentioned the pauper antiglare screen, oh well.

Surely you jest? The anti-glare screen costs £40 *more* than the high-res glossy screen?

Like it or not, it's hardly "pauper" FLOL.

Last edited:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Think I might need to look into this 8gb upgrade, I have open Photoshop, Indesign etc all together.

Weeman sucks ****
Glossy screens are for the coffee table and almost a design fault by apple, anti glare is the only way to go.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have any health tips for the MBP?

I currently use Cleanmymac to free up HDD space, works very well. Keeps it running fast.

I have also recently downloaded iBoostup from the App store. Great app for free. Does a lot of the same things as Cleanmymac, but also does disk utilisation which has noticeably improved my start-up times - highly reccomended!

Anyone use anything else?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i had a 15" i5 mbp with the glossy screen, then replaced with a 15" i7 anti glare mbp... at first i was disappointed with the look of the anti glare but its much better to view!

steve jobs kills himself again every time dk uses any apple products.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Money one one?? Pardon?

I don't need to justify it lol it paid for itself with work... Guess I'm just not as cool as u dk....

i have a late 2010 2.53Ghz i5, 8GB Crucial ram, 500gb 7200 rpm, and magic mouse. battery dies so quickly in it now thought but ive ran it on the power lead most of the time and i run it just about flat when it is unplugged but it rarely is and done a battery refresh thing but still runs out of juice quick but im not sure if its lion that is doing it