ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbooks

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I quite fancy a MacBook just as an ornament.

I already have an iMac, but, I cant work out if it will be a pointless buy.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeh. I might give Safari another go but I like Firefox.

Although I do like that big split fave pages view you get in Safari.

I'm guessing that firefox isn' t based on NSTextView and therefore doesn't support the rather useful "Cmd+Ctrl+D" sequence when you're hovering over a word on the webpage. I bloody love that OS X feature.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
I'm guessing that firefox isn' t based on NSTextView and therefore doesn't support the rather useful "Cmd+Ctrl+D" sequence when you're hovering over a word on the webpage. I bloody love that OS X feature.

thats awesome! didnt know about that

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Have you got a link for a list of other Mac shortcuts, m8?

Cheers,
D.

S2 106 GTI
I have recently bought a macbook only 4 months old, the owner was going to wipe it clean but never got round to doing it....It has firefox and a few other programs on it, some music etc.... how do I go about making a fresh start? and will I have to download everything again?

Rich

Does it have Leopard or Snow Leopard on it?

If it's SL, do you have the disc? If not, just buy it, it's only £25 and worth the upgrade anyway. Then just do a fresh install.

iLife is there anyway. So you'll still get Garage Band etc. You'll just have to put everything back afterwards as it will be like it came out the shop. No firefox or anything.

Just get an ExtHD and chuck all your files on there.

S2 106 GTI
Unsure which ones on it - I have 2 discs Applications install DVD, and mac OS X install DVD. I am a new user of mac too :eek: so still getting to grips with it!
Its just everytime I turn it on it come up with the old owners name.

haven't got an external HD so can't copy all my files over :( I'll just reboot it and start fresh!

Well does it have a pic of a Leopard? or a Leopard covered in snow? lol.. What number is on there?

You can get a 500GB passport one for about £50. Depends how much you want to keep the files etc you have.

S2 106 GTI
nope no pic lol, the files which I only need are itunes, spotify (hopefully I can download again!) and a few for uploading pics

All can be downloaded again really - it was just it had alot of things on it which the last owner 'tagged' and I couldn't remove or rename them!

as I said I'm new to the mac world :eek: one step at a time lol

Audi S1
Any good?

Which spec did you go for?

I'm wondering whether to go for the 15" £1500 pro (dual graphics card) or the 15" £1300 pro model...mmmmm decisions

I got the 13' Macbook Pro - box standard.

I also got 3yrs cover.

I have it next to me now at work, I'm having trouble importing my Itunes stuff from my PC over to it though.

Any idea on how to do it anyone? I'm like Cat though I'm new to Mac's.

Help :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well does it have a pic of a Leopard? or a Leopard covered in snow? lol.. What number is on there?

FWIW the recovery discs don't have images on them, only retail discs have that on.

As you've pointed out, the number on the disc will indicate what it is.

Audi S1
If I hit sync on my Macbook even though its already sync'd with My windows laptop I know it will erase all my app etc... but will it erase my contacts? or will they just transfer over to my Mac?

Audi S1
Ok I done it anyway it deleted my apps, music but thats fine.

One thing I don't want it to delete is my contacts, I unticked the box so it didn't sync these. I have my contacts saved in Windows Contacts how do I get these into Mac format?

Tesla MP3 2021
Do your contacts have pictures??? if not then export from windows contacts as csv and import through address book on your mac as csv.

Tesla MP3 2021
or just sign up to a free googlemail account, export your windows contacts as a csv file, import the csv into google contacts then sign into your google account via Mac Sync (icon is on the menu bar at the top) and your connacts will automatically come through to your address book on your mac and then any changes you make will automatically sync to your google account :)

Audi S1
or just sign up to a free googlemail account, export your windows contacts as a csv file, import the csv into google contacts then sign into your google account via Mac Sync (icon is on the menu bar at the top) and your connacts will automatically come through to your address book on your mac and then any changes you make will automatically sync to your google account :)

Even better I have Googlemail lol

Tesla MP3 2021
lol well there you go then :)...

Its great for me as I have my iPhone and Mac synced up to my googlemail account so when ever I make a change or add a new contact then it updates each location/device.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Copy it to an external HD / USB stick .. then copy it onto the mac !?

If you get stuck / want a hand with anything .. gimme a shout. I'm only in (the outskirts of) Dartford so not too far from you !

Z4
Ok, girlfriend just got off the blower to the mac store and I'm a little annoyed.

Apparently certain unis are entitled to more discount than others, and she only gets 10% off at Lincoln? The same goes for the apple care, not the £50 odd posted on here :S

There must be a way around it surely... helpings please xxx

Z4
Ok, girlfriend just got off the blower to the mac store and I'm a little annoyed.

Apparently certain unis are entitled to more discount than others, and she only gets 10% off at Lincoln? The same goes for the apple care, not the £50 odd posted on here :S

There must be a way around it surely... helpings please xxx

bump.

Tbh all I really need is the name of a student that is entitled to the 15% off and their uni? Maybe use the same person someone else has on here??