ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 F4RT in Clio

Status
Not open for further replies.
  A'Booo 172
Has anyone done this in the past?? What is involved? I have converted a non sport clio into a sport and loads needed doing but I know you can get away with loads too..

I still have half of the 182 parts in my garage ready for the conversion... I assume I will need the 182 subframe, coilovers, brakes, hubs, etc as running gear, but interms of putting the F4RT in there, can I use 182 drive shafts or do I need to use 225 ones? If I use 225 driveshafts do I need megane hubs, brakes?? Gearlinkage from 182 or will I need to manufacture one up?

I already know I need loom, ecu, engine, gearbox and mounts... Just all the other bits... Is it a cheaper alternative to ktec's bolt on turbo kit?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
IIRC You fit the Megane pistons into the 1*2 Bottom end so you can still use the 1*2 box and then fit the meggy head with turbo etc.. I cant actually remember, Il try dig the thread out...

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I think the pistons are the same.

Think Andyrg used the 172 bottom end with the Megane head and turbo so worth the OP searching for that thread.

A'Booo 172
Sweet cheers guys, I will go do some digging now - Do you know what power they are putting out? I'm looking for some numbers before I put the clio in the garage and pull out the Fd =)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Are the pistons any stronger though? would the CR be any different from a 172 bottom end with a 197 head like MWM did?

Status
Not open for further replies.