ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26R

Evo 5 RS
Fudge sake.

Well, at least you can get your money back! Only negative ninny thing I will say is I'd be interested to know just how much he's taken off the top to get that far.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
f**king hell :(

Sorry to see that!

Is that dried water marks on the window after a towel wipedown or something?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell 😧

Sorry to see that!

Is that dried water marks on the window after a towel wipedown or something?

Yes I needed to take a pic of the window to see if a repair could be done.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Fudge sake.

Well, at least you can get your money back! Only negative ninny thing I will say is I'd be interested to know just how much he's taken off the top to get that far.

Honestly I don't want to know.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ah fair enough

Are you just going to ask for your money back and just ignore the swirls?

Money is being refunded within the hrs.

Don't know what I'm doing next. Tad lost at the moment with it lol.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That's a proper bummer, bet the guy that did it is a bit gutted too. Good of him to refund you though as I bet he put loads of hours into it, but as said it's not right.

You going to try get it done by someone else or just leave it and enjoy it?

I know I keep on banging on about him like a little fan boy but I'd love to see Jim at White Details have a crack at it. Be brilliant if he did one of his vids on it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
That's a proper bummer, bet the guy that did it is a bit gutted too. Good of him to refund you though as I bet he put loads of hours into it, but as said it's not right.

You going to try get it done by someone else or just leave it and enjoy it?

I know I keep on banging on about him like a little fan boy but I'd love to see Jim at White Details have a crack at it. Be brilliant if he did one of his vids on it.

Booked up till August now iirc.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Don't want to sell it, it's miles better than when I collected it from K-Tec.

Going to have a think about what to do next I reckon. Money has now been refunded.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I use it daily but wanted to keep it looking good easily lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Crazy. I agree with Dan to an extent it's probably been done upon finishing.

Or... A lot of detailers will polish, wash/hose then dry. If he's done that then drying will inflict the marring before coating. Also dependent on what cloths he's using to remove products.

Costs a lot to keep buying decent towels.

I'd trust dawn to have it looking well and by the sounds of it you have your wash technique sorted then it should last.

@Daniel Renault obviously don't paint the black cars separate from the rest so how can one have "hard clear coat" lacquer and the other not. Would you not agree that black just shows it up straight away.

Back to what I said about the Germans using the hard clear coat ... It never seemed to make a difference to marring from wiping down etc. But it's notoriously a f**king mare to correct.

Go back and find Jim's details of him doing Renaults years ago... Fast cut plus all the time because the lacquer was solid.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Wouldn't be nearly as noticeable on any other colour. Black hides nothing, i feel for yourself and the lad that done the work.

On that note, should have bought a lunar grey one!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't be nearly as noticeable on any other colour. Black hides nothing, i feel for yourself and the lad that done the work.

On that note, should have bought a lunar grey one!

Lol there wasn't one for sale at the time and I'm sure as hell not paying 21k for the one that has just popped up.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I appreciate that, but settling for a colour that can cause this much hassle just wouldn't enter my mind.

That said, you could write all i know about detailing on the back of a first class stamp with a permanent marker lol.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I appreciate that, but settling for a colour that can cause this much hassle just wouldn't enter my mind.

That said, you could write all i know about detailing on the back of a first class stamp with a permanent marker lol.

It's still much better than it was before!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I must say, I'm on the hunt for a mag 250/265 right now and this thread has put me right off a black one. Had black cars in the past and they are annoying. That being said, a car is for driving, I can't be bothered to worry about perfect paint. As I say, just get it on track and sod the swirl marks. It's what the car was built for.

Evo 5 RS
I agree! I bet it looks fantastic!

Aye, exactly.

Ant, I was looking at a black SLR last night under daylight bulbs that had been "corrected" by someone and the burn marks were pretty horrific! But I didn't notice till looking closely. Stick to the 3 meter rule lol

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Aye, exactly.

Ant, I was looking at a black SLR last night under daylight bulbs that had been "corrected" by someone and the burn marks were pretty horrific! But I didn't notice till looking closely. Stick to the 3 meter rule lol

lol glad I'm not the only one. I'm gong to shelve it all and enjoy the car for a few months than see if the marrying gets any worse and go from there.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol glad I'm not the only one. I'm gong to shelve it all and enjoy the car for a few months than see if the marrying gets any worse and go from there.

Best way to be!

After 12 years with the BG182 - I will NEVER have a black car again!

*unless something unbelievably awesome appears that I really want, for peanuts.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well at least it's beads nicely.

IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1270.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG