ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mid Devon Cruise - 18/05/13

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Hey guys, anyone in the Plymouth/Torbay/Exeter/Taunton area that fancies this type of thing, there is a little cruise/car meet on 18th May at Tiverton High School from 4pm... If you have an afternoon free, it might be worth a visit!

Its a properly organized one so "shouldn't" be full of tw*ts. There will be a few members from here attending, plus other non-CS'ers. Should be a laugh and a good opportunity to show off what you have with people that have a mutual interest. There's a show & shine comp with some pretty cool prizes too apparently...

It's the first of it's kind so not sure how it'll turn out. More info is here... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mid-Devon-Cruise/242918745852071?ref=ts&fref=ts

Also, if you live locally, theres a little car club started by the same people here which might be of interest too... https://www.facebook.com/groups/578903005470401/617630461597655/?notif_t=group_activity

Cheers.

Alexiooo

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thanks for posting; is its just a really poor choice of name or is there actually a cruise somewhere?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Thanks for posting; is its just a really poor choice of name or is there actually a cruise somewhere?

Umm... i don't know really... think it'll be just there, but I'm game for a drive to Exmouth as thats the common place... would be cool to swamp the place with Clios though!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Yeh, should be a laugh... Me, that white 172 cup that used to be owned by Calum Widgery, an inferno (Richy182.), and an AB 182 will be there too.

182 Cup
Hmmm might pop along if I've got not else to do that afternoon, don't think I've got anything on but no doubt someone will remind I'm spose to be somewhere else!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Good man! I've already managed to blag an earlier shift at the "fruit shop" on the 18th, so should be down there just after 4pm.

FF RB 182
Bit of a mission from Plymouth and will be with the Mrs till 6pm so time I get there will be wound down.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
It's meant to be going on until 10pm... Really have no idea how big/small this is going to be tho... :/

FF RB 182
From how much interest the Facebook page is getting it won't be alot, some of the Plymouth cruises going back 2/3 or more years have been pretty big.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Hmm... Seeing as its literally a 3 min drive from my house, I'm gonna pop down to see what the deal is anyway. Might be a laugh.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Just had wind that the police are expecting a couple thousand people... There's 5 carparks and 2 fields for cars to fit...

Without jinxing it, dare I say it, I reckon it could actually be pretty good!

FF RB 182
Just had wind that the police are expecting a couple thousand people... There's 5 carparks and 2 fields for cars to fit...

Without jinxing it, dare I say it, I reckon it could actually be pretty good!

If its going to be big like that i'd be up for it. Is there an event for it on Facebook? The page only has 133 likes so doesn't show much interest..

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Apparently it's gonna be pretty popular. The fb page (and the whole event) is run by D&C Police so that's prob why it's not very active. (They're busy holding down the law)...

Think it's defo worth a visit. Gonna be 5-10 clios as it is, not to mention all the other marques...

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Ok... So here's an update...

So far, there are 40 cars that have paid to enter the show & shine competition.

Devon & Cornwall Police have said that this is the first police-supported legal event ever in the south west and as a result, they will be out in force. They're expecting it to be huge.

There is a live band, a DJ, a few burger vans etc plus more...

Various companies have offered sponsorship to allow this event to run, all in aid of Devon Air Ambulance.

Come on lads, anyone remotely local should pop down... Could be a good chance to meet more people!

ha8u6agu.jpg

FF RB 182
Sorry but wasn't there a police led one in Paignton near key west water park... With authorities present even police helicopter took a photo of the event.. that was big fast car mag attended. Any mags for this one?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Sorry but wasn't there a police led one in Paignton near key west water park... With authorities present even police helicopter took a photo of the event.. that was big fast car mag attended. Any mags for this one?

Only going by what the police wrote on the FB page fella.

PB Clio 172
I agree with you thereI was there and was a cracking cruise that one. I had a few chats with the law they showed me their anpr system was a good one. Don't think u can get bigger than this! FB thinks it knows it all!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Ahh, that's a shame... It's shaping up to be a great day! Lets hope the weather is like it has been today!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Yeah I'm going to clean mine Saturday morning. Your is looking proper sweet man!

Cheers buddy! Spent a good 8hrs on it!

A few of the judges are my friends so I don't think I will have a chance of winning but it'll be a fun day anyway.

My mum works with some of the police that are running the event, they're expecting a hell of a lot of people... Heard that a vauxhall club and an MG club are having a stand there... Shame we can't get enough for a Cs stand!