ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek

Clio 200
Just fitted a Milltek cat-back system to my 182 and the difference seems to be incredible. Thought it might have been in my mind at one point (it sounds louder so it must be quicker...) but after an hour's driving I'm convinced the mid-range pull is much, much better and it feels like a different car!

Well chuffed!! :approve:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
how much louder is it mate because im stuck for which zorst to get i dont want to go deaf but i want it a bit louder if you know what i mean

Clio 200
Craig this is spot on mate. I was in exactly the same position. I blasted down the motorway earlier tonight and there's no drone at constant speed at all, just a quality deep note through the revs but it's never too intrusive. The garage also commented on the quality of the finish, and it looks much meatier in those twin cutouts in the rear bumper!

Highly recommend it, can't stop driving mine now :D

182 Trophy
u should get a Milltek De cat. U'll love the noise even more! im well chuffed with mine.

Seconded

I have a Miltek with a decat. At first it sounded nice but i felt it didnt really change the noise that much but now with the decat its raspy and really makes the car. The decat has defentley given it that extra bit of poke too. Feels a bit more responsive :)

Clio 182
My exhaust is on its way out and rather than getting a standard one I was looking to get the miltek. How much did you pay for it and is it much more than the standard exhaust? Cheers.

Clio 200
It's about £350. I read somewhere Renno want £400 for a new standard one? (ha ha).

I'm not going to bother with a decat. Can't be bothered mucking about with it at MOT time. One thing I've noticed with this new exhaust is what can only be described as a "whooshing" noise under hard acceleration. It sounds like a turbo! Weird though, is it just the induction noise and I never really noticed it before? (standard air filter...)

Moving from a 306 Rallye with Scorpion exhaust & K&N I wasn't happy with the Clio at all. With this Milltek on though I'm highly impressed :cool:

Clio 200
Anyone any idea what this "whooshing" noise is under hard acceleration? Could it be a leak somewhere? Car seems quicker though so it can't be anything too bad to worry about!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
possibly the joint with the exhaust and the cat may be leaking the clamp maybe dying possibly?

was with my car anyway

Mk2 172
Just fitted a Milltek cat-back system to my 182 and the difference seems to be incredible. Thought it might have been in my mind at one point (it sounds louder so it must be quicker...) but after an hour's driving I'm convinced the mid-range pull is much, much better and it feels like a different car!

Well chuffed!! :approve:

probably 5 bhp but noise is whats making you think it.

182 trackday racer
I have just fitted a Milltek on my 182 and I love it. It does that whooshing sound as well and my system have no leaks. (Have checked that after running it hot) Imo the difference in sound is not very big compared to the standard system, no strange resonance or other weird side effects. The sound just have a slightly deeper tone that suits the car better. I guess the big difference on this system compared to others is that it’s a resonated system.

The only thing that was i bit of a bi**h was adjusting the pipes to make them centered in the rear bumper. The exhaust move quite a bit when hot. But after some adjustment it is perfect!

I can highly recommend it!

8783-new_2008-07-12-2.jpg