ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire, Judder, Flashing EML

SchwepTek™
Hi all

So need a bit of help with my cup which is out in berlin. Sounds and feels like it's misfiring and I'm getting a judder/lack of power through all gears and the flashing management light.

I have very little resources in berlin and haven't touched injectors, coilpack or plugs before so can anyone tell me where to start?

I'm taking a fault code reader out with me next week however it seems that codes don't always come up for these issues.

Also if anyone could tell me what tools I'll need to take out for doing these bits?

Cheersssss

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Get fault codes read before touching but I'd guess it'll be on the ignition side normally

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Would you like to borrow my (clone) clip?

Shame as ill be near Berlin shortly but not got it in Poland with me.

Coilpack is 10mm bolts, injectors are held on with 10mm too and i think fuel rail guard is 13mm

You need a deep 16mm for spark plugs, plenham is 10mm too.

SchwepTek™
Much appreciated guys.

Would love to borrow CLIP but have a feeling it wouldn't get through customs. ;)

SchwepTek™
Having not done that before, which points do you measure across or is it fairly obvious? Can it be done in situ?

Westfield, 182, 200
There's only 2 connections on the injector, measure across them.
Just had one fail, was fine one day, hunted on tickover the next day and a misfire the day after!
Faulty injector reads 3ohms.

SchwepTek™
Well I think this says it all. Haven't even got the multimeter out yet...

879373c072710b1bc536b17788247f9a.jpg

Westfield, 182, 200
Replaced my injector today, took half an hour and cured the fault.
Bought one from ecp £37.54!
Let us know how you get on!

SchwepTek™
Ah awesome! Well i have very limited tools out here in Berlin but from what i've read its a couple 13mm bolts for the guard, 2x 10mm for the rail and thats it? Did you do anything else? Disconnect battery and fuel pump? I was going to get one new from Renparts for £32.50 on eBay?

Westfield, 182, 200
10mm nuts on mine for cover and fuel rail.
You have to unclip the connection on the fuel rail, and the electrical connection on the injectors, pull carefully and wiggle the rail, only the o rings are holding the injectors in!
Switch off the ignition and you'll be fine.
I only went to ecp as I needed the part urgently!

SchwepTek™
When you say unclip connection on fuel rail, you mean fuel connection? Is that simple and did fuel spray everywhere? lol
Just checked ECP as fairly desperate too, looks like they've gone up to £40! haha

Westfield, 182, 200
Ecp was an extra 5% off today!
Yes unclip fuel connector, wrap some tissue around it as some fuel will spill out.
Mine didn't have much pressure even though I drove it in my garage.

SchwepTek™
Brilliant. Cheers man. Have ordered from RenParts as I'm not back in the UK for a week anyway. Will be in touch! ;)

SchwepTek™
So finally got round to it today. Cup had 1 10mm and 1 13mm nut for the rail guard but otherwise was dam straightforward. Even able to clear the fault light with Dash Command on my iPhone. :D

c1def948dca604b47c61f52f533213d3.jpg