ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring problem partly solved - Just misfiring at high revs.

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Hi there,

I did the most stupid thing in the world.... I washed my engine (yes yes everybody lesson learnt) - I used engine degreaser and hosed off on a low flow rate.

After just one day my car started to misfire and jump from running on 4 cylinders to 3 cylinders across the whole rev range when under any amount of load, the car was barley drivable!

So I bought a coil pack and some HT leads (reading the forums first).

Fitted both tonight and the misfiring and jumping from 4 cylinders to 3 cylinders has stopped even at full load but only up to around 3800rpm. The car idles fine and pulls great to 3800rpm.

I have done this test which might make it easy for you to tell me what the problem is...

In 2nd gear with very light load let the engine rev to 6000rpm - this was taking me 40-50 seconds from 25mph to ascertain I use very little load. After around 4500rpm the car became very flat and appeared to sound like only running on 3 cylinders.. held the revs at 6000rpm and it was just running constantly 3 cylinders if not less by the sound of it.

The other test and i did was lifting off then planting it and its fine for a second or two and then reverts back to running c**p again, this was testing in 3rd between 5000-6000rpm

Cambelt was done 18 months ago and spark plugs changed 4 weeks ago to NGK platinum plugs just to let you know

I know there is injectors, spark plugs and lambda sensor to consider but was wondering if somebody would know what the problem would be.

Townlea