ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 1.6 engine

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Just a general info enquiry here. Worked on a 1.4 the other day (my first engine other than a 1.2 or 2.0) and was just thinking about the 1.6.

I'm looking to upgrade to a nicer but still relatively cheap Clio for a daily. I've seen a nice 30k 1.6 on sale for £1600 and I'm curious.

I don't see many 1.6s and was wondering if there's a reason they're not so popular as the 1.4/1.2? Any major engine differnces or flaws.

Also any info on the extra features would be helpful (noticed it had read calipers instead of drum brakes

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cracking engines, the reason they weren't very popular is because people that wanted performance went for the 2.0 16v, people that wanted cheap running costs went 1.2 16v or 1.5 DCi so you had the 1.6 in the middle that wasn't very fast and wasn't very cheap to run!

for the money you pay for them now though they are a good buy