ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Project

The red one was the one I saw on PistonHeads.
Are they all around the right price for their condition?

Bottom black one sounds like a bit of a money pit... Or would it be a case of new 'box & some underseal?

I'm just a bit weary of buying a cheapish one and it turning out costing me more than a mint one.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
TBH get the cheapest one you can. Getting one sprayed is cheap.

I'd rather spend £1800 and another £1200 getting it mint.

You aren't afraid to work on stuff yourself!

Lol!
The stuff I've done isn't exactly changing diff's/turbo's though!
But I guess there's only one way to learn...

Thank you for your words of wisdom - I've got someone to blame if I buy a bucket now! ;) haha

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I got a diff change down to 40 mins.

Turbos are easy too. Loads of space in a 5 bay and most are top mounted, although the BBR is under slung which gives it a far better flowing down pipe.

Mine was more cramped than most as I had ABS, very rare option!

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Nice project dude, something different for the arches.
why did you bother changing your headights for the m.o.t. tho i've got xenons on a non sport with no washer jets and it passed away back in april as well.

I got a diff change down to 40 mins.

Turbos are easy too. Loads of space in a 5 bay and most are top mounted, although the BBR is under slung which gives it a far better flowing down pipe.

Mine was more cramped than most as I had ABS, very rare option!

Bah hell! Get through a few like?? lol
You're making them sound very appealing - can't bloody wait!

Nice project dude, something different for the arches.
why did you bother changing your headights for the m.o.t. tho i've got xenons on a non sport with no washer jets and it passed away back in april as well.

Yeahh, shame they didn't work out tbh; I just ran out of money and patience :( lol
Ummmm, I'm not actually sure - I did read on here that you only need washer jets etc when a car has xenons from standard, but I've changed them in and out that many times that it only takes 10 minutes, so no big deal.
Plus I wanted to be certain it couldn't fail on them.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Joe even the 1.6 na ones are a great laugh, easier to slide in the wet too!

Would it maybe be a better idea to get a standard one first to get used to it Then consider turboing?

I can see myself ending up in a hedge or two... (definitely not in a good way either.)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
If you've got the cash you can build an epic spec MX-5 for £5k.... including the car.

Si

RS Clio 172
i don't have archlining either. as it's strictly for homos. mine jetisoned itself on the way to the nurburgring. iirc it got scared.

Mini Cooper
Absolutely love what you've done to the car Joey. Where did you get the F1 sticker though? I think it's a great added touch and it's been racking my brains for days trying to get one.

Black 1.2 Extreme
Ive got to say, well done the car looks amazing
I hope I can try to get mine to look close to that one day!

Absolutely love what you've done to the car Joey. Where did you get the F1 sticker though? I think it's a great added touch and it's been racking my brains for days trying to get one.

Cheers dude. Got it here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-F1-Te...CarParts_SM&hash=item255fa941cf#ht_733wt_1139
Mention you're a ClioSport member and you might get a discount!

Ive got to say, well done the car looks amazing
I hope I can try to get mine to look close to that one day!

Thanks mate! Going back to standard this week or next, though. Time to move on!

Mini Cooper
Cheers mate, that's mine on it's way :) Your car is pretty much what I had visions of mine looking like, now it would just look like I'm stealing ideas :rasp:

Clio Sport, Navara
Mate thats a beautiful car! i would be stoked if i had that! the green wheels look freaking sick! should invest in a decent sprey job on them i think :D

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I wouldn't worry much about stealing ideas - it seems it's very hard to be original with a Clio.

Just do what everyone else does, but make yours better! lol.

just wanted to know how you sprayed the front lights? thanks and your car looks sick loving the ride height :)

Mk2 Ph2
try ebay or on here mate lol theyre projector headlights they come standard on the sport, make the non sports look much better imo + good work joe nice project ;)

Pretty much all of the big parts have got buyers already! I don't think I've put up a single For Sale thread either :rasp:

And yes, as John says - eBay or on here. You're looking at around £200-£300 for a pair.

So, I bought the Renault lifter kit. Just in time for winter.

5312371427_31123efd85_z.png

5312958512_d7bb907dcc_z.png

Arch gap ftw!
:(

is that 'standard ride height'?

if so, faccccck me! looks awful. why have the lows gone?

I was quite shocked when I lowered it down off the jack... lol!
It's going back to standard. I need a good project!

So what else can I have Joe? :)

Ummm... those spacers you sold me? or a pair of camber bolts... not sure what I've got left tbh! lol

Il have the cash for the cup spoiler on the 15th mate

Super :)

Wow, now that is high!

4x4 style :cool:

I hate to bump a pretty much dead thread, but I thought I'd update with some pictures.
We're almost back to standard now!

Hadn't cleaned it since about Oct/Nov last year.. lol

5369829821_b9245b59be.png

5369830073_610e314cbc.png

5370437206_762fda3a89.png

Yeah.... looks like a Tramp-mobile.

5370438192_48d2254fd1.png

5370438476_d3f09fb53a.png

5369831905_e4e7363738_z.png

Xenon's & spoiler are still to go, but apart from that, it's pretty much back to normal.
Not really sure how easily it'll sell, but I'm hoping for a little over £2k, ideally.
Then it's time for something a little quicker :cool: