ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 won't select gear (engine running)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Morning all.

Went to go to work this morning, and the car won't select gears with the engine running.
It will; however, with the engine off.

It also appears to drag slightly when the engine is on, and I'm in 1st (already selected with the engine off).

Any thoughts?
@Dan@SJM

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Garage just rang - said it was playing up still when they picked it up, but weirdly now, it's working.
Took it out for a short drive, and no problems.

Asked them to take it for an extended drive, see if it's still ok.

Something blocked/ got stuck?
@Dan@SJM

Garage also said if they need to look at the gearbox, it's a 10 hour job!

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Well, apparently after the extended drive, all is ok, so still no idea what it is.

I've been told that to replace the clutch though, it's a 10 hour job on these cars!?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers @Gorms
I'm off next week so will keep an eye on it. Not really what I wanted before Christmas though, especially having forked out £700+ on house stuff for next week.

Clio mk3
Mine wouldn't select hear back last year,or it would but would be hard to select gear. Turned out it needed a gearbox oil change an was all like new again. Not saying you could be lucky like me but its worth looking at