ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
On these engines it doesn't make a jot of difference about the throttle, you've already removed it all when you took the inlet off.

It'll spin a bit quicker with the other plugs out but I doubt it'll show much of an increase in compression.

I'd say that's defo on the low side but not catastrophicly. But someone like @bloke knows better.

dan's cast offs.
yup, throttle is off so no need to worry about that. i unplug injectors though. warm engine and crank a good few times until the needle just about stops moving.

those figures are bloody low but close so i'd be more tempted to say the low reading is down to the tester.

RB Clio 182
So i have ordered a new compression tester and an oil catch tank set up.

If the rings are fucked i think im going forged, if not and its just breathing heavier due to boost, the catch tank will sort it.

Fuckit.

If its the catch tank that cures it that'll be an absolute result as they are cheap as chips in comparison to forged.

Forged on the other hand if it happens = awesomeness.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Christ you have some bad luck mate
Any chance of the lottery numbers for the weekend
In seriousness hope you sort it and it isnt expensive.If it is,then donate a plum

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
s**t, i thought you was going to say no, let me have a think about it.

Just a quick question tho, how much was your cup if you dont mind me asking?

I would probably want a bit more than a grand if i was to trade it for a 1*2 tbh.

That’s fine mate. It’s there though if you fancy it

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Love how, in the space or a day or two, you've gone from wanting to sell if cheap and get rid if the compression is low to thinking about going forged 😂

RB Clio 182
Love how, in the space or a day or two, you've gone from wanting to sell if cheap and get rid if the compression is low to thinking about going forged 😂
I love the car mate thats why, i want to keep it but i dont want to spend any more silly amounts of money, ive ordered a new compression tester so ill do it again but properly this time lol.

RB Clio 182
Just had a thought, i could Just put mine back to standard and sell the turbo bits..

Full turbo back powerflow exhaust

Adaptrronic ecu and loom

Garrett gt2560r turbo

Clioturbo intercooler with custom piperwork and blue hoses

Ph1 fuel reg set up

Megane 225 injectors

Log manifold

Efi coilpack

Apexi boost solenoid plus vac hoses

Oil drain feeds etc, basically everything that you need apart from a clutch and meg pistons(if you want to run high boost)

How much is that lot worth?

Im not going to do it but it might be an option if my rings are fucked, my mechanic seems to think its possible that the car is running slightly rich, causing the fuel smell and fumes out the breather.

Hopefully its something as easy to sort as this and nothing catastrophic.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If I were you and wanted rid of the car I would strip the turbo kit off and sell it separate. You'd have more chance of selling the car as a mint standard 182 than hi boosted. Just remember to omit clioturbo from any description though!

RB Clio 182
Oh and get your self round here and take me for a blast first:smile:
If i make it standard im keeping it, if its not broken its staying boosted, its just me being paranoid that it might be because i drink a lot, and im paranoid because i drink more than Gazza on a weekend.

RB Clio 182
Once i find out what or if theres a problem ill decide what to do from there, there might actually be nothing wrong with it after all this haha.

look-at-all-these-problems-ive-created-just-by-overthinking.jpg

You are still getting over your PTSD from the conversion I think mate lol

I would try and leave it as a distant memory and just enjoy it now. If there's one thing I have learned it's that dirty cars are faster. The less time I spend cleaning mine the more fun it seems to be... but then I can't stand seeing neglected... vicious circle !