ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 Clio Dynamique SX, My Updates So Far, BLUE DASH!!

Megane 225
Message By Daydotz:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=452420

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=412939

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=392921

these are all kitted an lowered 30-35mm on ebaichs
http://www.k-tecracing.com/catalogue...ory=Suspension

Hmmmmm, i think datdotz is trying to tell me im talking s**te and i need to be lowering my car:D Honestly and truthfully i would love to lower it, but i have already replaced my front spoiler twice and had them sprayed a total of 7 times due to low speed bumps, my drive and other factors. Wouldnt i need bigger wheels if i wanted to lower it and keep the ground clearance? I quite like those 16" wheels on it.

E30 318iS x2
This is mine:

Front_L.jpg

Thats lowered 35mm on Eibach springs with 20mm FK spacers all round.

Probably going to look at a remap end of the year time, quite fancy a nice alloy intercooler behind that lower grille though :cool:

Megane 225
oooooooooooo, i like that, not to keen on the elf wing mirror decal but each to their own.
the spacers i am looking for, where would i get them from? and WHERE......did you get those renaultsport silver side strip decals from? been looking for them for ages! and also have you found an intercooler that suits the 1.2 tce? was thinking about that as well, and one for the turbo also.

R1XPHs bullets by the indicators are only painted white they not the renault sport bullets they 50odd quid from reno

E30 318iS x2
R1XPHs bullets by the indicators are only painted white they not the renault sport bullets they 50odd quid from reno

Cheers Pauly :rasp:

As he said they painted. The FK spacers were through a group buy on here bloody ages ago anf the guy isn't running his business any more but sure they be easy enough to source.

Intercooler is for the turbo mate. Intercoolers cool charge, radiators cool water. When I stop or pause on the racer I'll pop the front end off and see what can be done.

E30 318iS x2
What lights do you have there dude? I bought some for mine from eBay but the wiring was shot on em so sent them back.

Thats the same size as the the one I was looking at, got one fitted to my track car.

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
What lights do you have there dude? I bought some for mine from eBay but the wiring was shot on em so sent them back.

Thats the same size as the the one I was looking at, got one fitted to my track car.

tail light or the front light?

Megane 225

Yeah i like the lights as well, saw them on ebay a while back

Love that dash !

thanks very much mate

F27130CL3.jpg

www.reichhard-motorsport.com

i baught them in Portugal, but their on sale in UK from this store

do you have any pics of the back of your car with the your new lights on it? just to see what it looks like

this is mine, with 45mm by H&R with bilstein B8

img9869.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

fitted with 195/50R16

for intercooler, i have a DCI, and this one fits perfect....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/27-X...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3883wt_1165

Your car looks really good mate, but doesnt have the bodykit, there in lies the problem with lowering, will check out the intercooler, been looking for one as the one for the turbo looks tiny! you notice much difference with it on?

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
Image0038.jpg

needs coils IMO. Weitecs with adjusters removed :)

+1 on the intercooler!

Last edited:
  Megane 225
Image0038.jpg

needs coils IMO. Weitecs with adjusters removed :)

+1 on the intercooler!

thought about them, but might just lower it 30mm. My drive is a nightmare to get in. Didi think about the KEI Racing force 10 hyperblack wheels, but i really like the standard wheels, you thinking of selling yours no?;) Gonna get the interior sorted first, new seats and blue dash strips and centre console first, then see where we end up.

Megane 225
aye that looks really really good! saw some pics of those lights on a car on here and wasnt really convinced at the look of it. That looks a lot better though. Do you have the LED ones?

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
yep, these are the leds ones.

beware that you should change the plastic supports for new ones to fit the new taillights.

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
thought about them, but might just lower it 30mm. My drive is a nightmare to get in. Didi think about the KEI Racing force 10 hyperblack wheels, but i really like the standard wheels, you thinking of selling yours no?;) Gonna get the interior sorted first, new seats and blue dash strips and centre console first, then see where we end up.

personally i don't really notice a difference in 30mm. I live in the country and have thousands of potholes to come round on way to my house and it isn't to bad. I've only took my front splitter off twice, once on my dads front door step and once on a kerb :eek:

wheels are for sale. but mate wants them for his meganne. but give me an offer n i'l see what i can do ;)

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
45mm is hard + the bilstein, the suspension becomes a bit disconfortable, but as i live in Portugal, these roads are full of holes so, i don't bother any more.

Megane 225
personally i don't really notice a difference in 30mm. I live in the country and have thousands of potholes to come round on way to my house and it isn't to bad. I've only took my front splitter off twice, once on my dads front door step and once on a kerb :eek:

wheels are for sale. but mate wants them for his meganne. but give me an offer n i'l see what i can do ;)

Ah ha!!! Tell me a price and im sure we can come to some agreement:) Been wanting these wheels for ages;) how did you re-attatch it? once i hit a hare going round a back road and smashed the whole spoiler off, the guy i got to fit it couldnt get it to line up straight so had to glue it on!

Have also pm'd you this info:D

45mm is hard + the bilstein, the suspension becomes a bit disconfortable, but as i live in Portugal, these roads are full of holes so, i don't bother any more.

The roads in Britain are no way any better! Thinking about lowering it 30mm. are your back lights the LED ones of the normal bulb ones?

Megane 225
aye, they look good, might look into that after wheels, spacers, lowering and interior! if you say it quickly it sounds a lot less to do than it is! Recaros are away to get cleaned. will get a pic of them up later, hopefully gonna fit them sunday.

Megane 225
SORRY!! I THINK I HAVE CHANGED MY PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT AROUND SO HERE ARE THE PICTURES FROM THE FIRST PAGE AND A COPY OF IT

Hi there

Thought i might as well start up a progress thread on my car, gonna be doing a few things to it over the next year or so, and as far as online goes, this is the first MK3 Clio that i have seen with the blue dash which has taken me ages! The SMDs are about as small as any surface mount light i have ever seen!!!

Well, its out of its warranty now, so thought i might as well modify it!

So....This is how it all started

1DSC00197.jpg

P1000275.jpg

Then i got a custom sports cat, back box and exhaust fitted at top gear in Dumfries, and yes, the Arnold Shark sticker was removed!

1DSC00196.jpg

DSC0002602.jpg

And then to satisfy the ned inside me i got these excellent Kenwood 6 x 9s and Kenwood amp fitted on the parcel shelf.

1DSC00213.jpg

1DSC002111.jpg

Then came a day where the front spoiler acted as more of a snow plough than a bodykit!!!!

IMG_0226.jpg

b9866b77.jpg

Anyways, this month i have been having a bash at the interior, wanting to change the dash lights all to blue as i purchased a Panasonic in dash DVD player, which was blue and didnt match the dash lights, and that sort of things burst me!!

1st stage

P1000260.jpg

Then when finished

P1000263.jpg

P1000264.jpg

P1000265.jpg

P1000266.jpg

P1000268.jpg

then inserted a couple of LED bulbs in the centre lights, nice blue glow in the interior.

IMG_0311.jpg

finally got a 197 grill and went about fitting it today (good guide in the guides section by "Biohzrd")

So, this is the before shot

P1000271.jpg

this is during

P1000272.jpg

and finally the finished product

P1000274.jpg

so another thing off the list!

Megane 225
and i got the recaros the other day!!

e7a56672.jpg

135a8884.jpg

c562de3d.jpg

they are away to be cleaned the now so will be fitting them sunday

E30 318iS x2
Do it before Sunday! It takes less than half an hour to swap all the seats!

(Waiting for your springs to come onto stock dude ;) )

Megane 225
sweet! have you got payment? dont trust alliance and leicester!! they are tools. im in the process of changing my accounts to natwest but until i do, im afraid thats all i have got. also ordered HIDs off of a guy on clio197.net called kevo66. Do you know if they are just main beam? if they are then what should i do about full beam? get better bulbs?

E30 318iS x2
Not yet dude.

You might have to ask him if he sold them to you :D? Depends what bulb fitment they are, dip beam is H1 and I think high beam is H7?

Megane 225
aye your right wi the fitment. Have sent him a message. A & L are total wanks! no bother, will chase them up tomorow if it aint sent over to you. if not do you accept paypal? do you think the springs will be here before march? got a week off first week in marchso was hoping to get it and the HIDs fitted then.

E30 318iS x2
Oh bloody hell yes they will be lol!

It normaly takes 2-3 days with bank transfer any way mate.

Megane 225
classic! right no bother, well have just checked the online wanking and its their, just pending! what make are these springs by the way? meant to ask that

Megane 225
I felt the same! They are class! Na, need to fit them Sunday, don't have enough time an will probably get them back tomorow night.

Megane 225
dam right! i just ordered:

HID kit for normal beam
HID kit for fogs
4 x Ice white H7 Bulbs for main beam and cornering lights
The rear LED lights that i showed you the other day
SPAX lowering springs

and i have just been in your place of business buying mdf at a more expensive price than i could of bought them in wickes:cool:

looking forward to sunday very much Benjamin James! RECAROS OH YEAH!!!!