ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 Clio Dynamique SX, My Updates So Far, BLUE DASH!!

Megane 225
yeah, going in tomorow! also ordered some silver Renault sport side bullets, spent a hoor of a money on this recently! gonna body colour the side strips as well hopefully soon. Seats going in tomorow.

Megane 225
well got the recaros in the day, and also painted my vents to the same colour of the car. Then got some LEDs fitted in the footwell so it all glows a nice blue. Im halfway through a boot install of 2 amps and a sub built into the floor so got some dynowrap on the floor and some insulation in the wheel well. Got dark and cold and was suffering from a severe hangover so will save that for another day;)

So, heres the interior once it was all stripped out, with no seats, and lots of crap lying around on the floor

P1000279.jpg

And here are the vents which were sanded down, primed 3 times, given 3 coats of paint and 2 layers of laquer. Came up very nice!

P1000280.jpg

P1000281.jpg

Now, for the Recaros, they are immense! need to get the airbags sorted at some point as the wire is different. The are very comfy, but a mare to fit. heavy buggers.

P1000290.jpg

P1000283.jpg

Now these are the footwell leds, i know some may think this is to far, but i like blue! it looks really good, even in the pictures

P1000287.jpg

P1000288.jpg

Anyways, thanks for looking, will get pictures of the floor install when i get it done. Got a lowering kit, silver side bullets, new rear lights, hids, french number plates and the boot install to do, so on we go:approve: Many thanks to Ben for helping!

Megane 225
there is a bit! they were in an clio f1 that went on its roof. gonna take it to an upholsterer to get it looked at and repaired. Like the leds? dunno if its a bit overboard!

Common fault on the 197 Recaro's so I hear.

I actually thought the LED's would look really chavvy but they aren't actually that bad considering the rest of the dash is the same colour.

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
the led are great, the recaro's are cool but are needing a litle repair.

the only thing i didn't like is the bleu on the vents, etc... that too much blue i think

Megane 225
Common fault on the 197 Recaro's so I hear.

I actually thought the LED's would look really chavvy but they aren't actually :Sthat bad considering the rest of the dash is the same colour.

yeah they look ok I think. Quite pleased

the led are great, the recaro's are cool but are needing a litle repair.

the only thing i didn't like is the bleu on the vents, etc... that too much blue i think

did consider that! But gonna keep em, think it would be to much if I painted the centre console blue so will stop at the dash strips and vents

Megane 225
Oh yeah! Just recieved these French style number plates for my car, just waiting on the surrounds coming in. Ordered from craigsplates.com and they are absolutely mint!

a018bb5d.jpg

Megane 225
i did indeed! that got ripped out for the DVD player and screen. The cabasse speakers came out recently for some crystal ones so if you want uprated speakers just let me know;) I have put kenwood ones in the middle, kenwood 6x9s, kenwood sub, and 2 kenwood amps running them. (when its finished anyway) will be a nice sounding setup!

i did indeed! that got ripped out for the DVD player and screen. The cabasse speakers came out recently for some crystal ones so if you want uprated speakers just let me know;) I have put kenwood ones in the middle, kenwood 6x9s, kenwood sub, and 2 kenwood amps running them. (when its finished anyway) will be a nice sounding setup!

i thought so my speakers dont have the badges on :dapprove: do the speakers have any part numbers or branding can i have a few pics ive always been curious if mine are infact upgraded :eek:

i love mine sounds alright ive fitted a parrot mki 9100 so i can use my ipod an usb :approve:

Megane 225
i have thought about a parrot thing before, but i very rarely use the phone while driving! if you have the upgraded system in yours it will have the cabasse stickers on the speaker grills. Will be blaupunkt otherwise. Did yours have the 6 CD changer in it to? And the reason mine is out warranty is because i have done 36000 miles:) if yours aint upgraded then can send you my old cabasse ones if you want

i have thought about a parrot thing before, but i very rarely use the phone while driving! if you have the upgraded system in yours it will have the cabasse stickers on the speaker grills. Will be blaupunkt otherwise. Did yours have the 6 CD changer in it to? And the reason mine is out warranty is because i have done 36000 miles:) if yours aint upgraded then can send you my old cabasse ones if you want

the phone part of my parrot is for novelty i mainly bought it for the usb playback the reason i asked for info/pics from your speakers mine never had any cabasse branding an ive always wondered if they are what i paid for :eek: ive never herd the standed setup so cant really compare it personaly i cant fault it

DSC0011.gif

Last edited:
  Megane 225
Well if you have the 6 disk changer it comes as part of the pack. If you look on the magnet on the back of the speaker it will tell you the manufacture of them, cabbasse or blaupunkt, cabbasse being better. If you dont have them can send you mine for bugger all if you want.

Good project here!

Thanks very much mate!

10 time better without the Neons in the footwells !

Nah, i do quite like the footwell neons, know they might be a bit overboard but hey. matches the rest of the interior.

Megane 225
Dunno if it's been said but those pedals are hideous!

Rest is nice though.

I like my pedals! Was gonna paint them the same
blue as is on the dash. That one the first mod I did on the car because some of my shoes stuck to the shitty rubber ones.

Megane 225
Big day today! Completed my boot install, fitted new number plates and surrounds and got new rear lights (Many thanks to Andy at Rudie Mods, 20 hours delivery time aint bad!)

So, the boot install. Got two amps and a sub in there, one to power the sub and one to power the 6x9s. Got it all carpeted, dynomat in there and made it up to the isofix bar so it all looks really even.

Here it is without the top cover on
6e76cf1f.jpg

And now the finished product, complete with blue LEDs from the parcel shelf.
P1000315.jpg

P1000314.jpg

P1000315.jpg

c751bad9.jpg

b2ac81f7.jpg

The french number plates from craigs plates and the surrounds i got from ebay, got them fitted as well, looks really good!
P1000318.jpg

P1000317.jpg

Now, the part i was unsure about, the lights! they arrived yesterday and i think they look absolutely mint! ordered them yesterday at 4pm and arrived today at ten past ten! good customer service by the way! Andy at Rudie Mods to thank there! Can see them in the above pics as well but heres a close up.
P1000316.jpg

Now, some stupid pics a mate who was helping me took! me cutting a slice of wood! keep the laughter to a minimum about the shades! had just been hit by a bit of flying wood from the fecking saw!
79e8d973.jpg

And then the bugger decided to jump on me for a very homosexual looking pose. For the record! my girlfriend took the picture, i am not a gay.
d71b8f69.gif

Well, only a few more things to do now!

Colour code bump strips
HIDs
Lowering springs
Still got to tidy up the dials really
Doors to be dynomat'ed
Making the front speakers fit better
25mm spacers

Then its a nice finished product!

Megane 225
Dam right! They look a lot better being smoothed over rather than having that big bulge in them where the reverse and indicators are.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Nice car fella, not really into ICE but you've done it well!

Out of interest did you win those seats as part of a full 197 interior off the bay? The passenger one has a rip at the very top?

I was bidding on them too :p They look mint!

Megane 225
I did indeed! Yeah, got that sorted. The drivers side has a little bit of wear in it that i still need to get seen to at some point. Yeah, been more and more into ICE recently for some reason and always wanted a sub, but not lose boot space, ideal way to do it!

The recaros i was looking for a long time for, was about to give up and just get a standard 197 interior but then these finally appeared so was needing to win them!

Megane 225
good choice for the rear lights...

cheers mate

they rear lights fit proper ??had them on mine but the fit was ubber s**t n sent them bak

yeah they fit perfectly, did require a bit of manouvering to get the clips in properly, there are two metal pins that slot in that needs pushed a bit to clip it in to place. The three torque screws you put in last after everything is lined up.

Homo spec mazda
Pics of them in the daylight if you can pal, like the full car side on and arse on.

looking good though.

Megane 225
Pics of them in the daylight if you can pal, like the full car side on and arse on.

looking good though.

will do mate, cars filthy the now! But will get pics of it side and back this afternoon. The lights are clean as hell and the rest is very dirty.

Megane 225
they rear lights fit proper ??had them on mine but the fit was ubber s**t n sent them bak

good choice for the rear lights...

Love the new rear lights mate

looking good though.

reply to all these! the lights fit perfectly! have enclose close up pictures of them on, and as requested by sofaboy, arse and side pictures.;)

fc05a713.jpg

20ed1210.jpg

37d1e241.jpg

c22b116a.jpg

85a99680.jpg

efd1fc52.jpg

02848563.jpg

Homo spec mazda
Always a fan of arse and side shots, but, not too sure on them, Id like to see them on a black car though.

Megane 225
hmmmm, probably cant help you there! Biohzrd had a pic of them on a black car but they didnt fit his properly. Ass man are you sofaboy;) They were the things i was most unsure of but seeing them now im very chuffed i got them.

Homo spec mazda
His car was filthy in that picture too and it wasnt a very full on picture. I would like to try a set on mine as ive seriously considered them in the past

Megane 225

looking good though.

Give andy at rudiemods a phone on 01245 321 750 and ask if he will send you a set to try. They are really cool like, would def reccommend them to people. I was like you, unsure about them but they are brilliant.

Homo spec mazda
its the last thing on my mind atm, Ive ordered coilovers just waiting for them to turn up, should be on mid march, then i need to address the seating issue, I reckon il go for some evo seats though, I wanna go wider on the back so 60 mm spacers, all this need sorting first.

Megane 225
its the last thing on my mind atm, Ive ordered coilovers just waiting for them to turn up, should be on mid march, then i need to address the seating issue, I reckon il go for some evo seats though, I wanna go wider on the back so 60 mm spacers, all this need sorting first.

60mm at the back??? Bloody hell that's wide! Did think about coilovers but couldn't and still can't justify the price of them. Got my seating sorted nicely! Recaros are amazing!

Homo spec mazda
Aye im actually jealous of the recaros pal, theyre stunning.

im on 50mm atm (25 each side) and its just a bit shy of the arch, gonna wait till coilovers go on and see if it still needs that extra 5mm.

on a side note im giving my gear gaiter to a girl at work and getting her to un-stitch it, then cut it out on alcantara and re-stitch it with either yellow or pink stitching.

White Sti Hatch
Aye im actually jealous of the recaros pal, theyre stunning.

im on 50mm atm (25 each side) and its just a bit shy of the arch, gonna wait till coilovers go on and see if it still needs that extra 5mm.

on a side note im giving my gear gaiter to a girl at work and getting her to un-stitch it, then cut it out on alcantara and re-stitch it with either yellow or pink stitching.

25mm either side is perfect mate what i had ! if your going to deck the rear like mine (ie 120odd mm) then any more and youll run into problems with the arches

Megane 225
Good idea mate! I'm still buggering about with paint and primer at the moment! Got springs ready to go on. There is a silver strip around the gear lever that's needing to be sprayed, just don't know how the hell to get it off!!

Recaros were a good find and am impressed with them likes. Very comfy but I keep hitting my arse off the huge side bolster when I get in! I used to just slide in the other seats, now it's a manouver!