ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 Clio Dynamique SX, My Updates So Far, BLUE DASH!!

Homo spec mazda
25mm either side is perfect mate what i had ! if your going to deck the rear like mine (ie 120odd mm) then any more and youll run into problems with the arches

As much as I loved your car, I think it got a bit too low at the back. Otherwise it was spot on.

For the silver bit near the gear lever you can pull the whole surround off, i think the silver bits then just clipped in.

White Sti Hatch
As much as I loved your car, I think it got a bit too low at the back. Otherwise it was spot on.

For the silver bit near the gear lever you can pull the whole surround off, i think the silver bits then just clipped in.

each to there own i guess mate !

silver bit around the base of gear stick just pulls up then the gaiter is stapled to it

Megane 225
right, well i need more paint again! just put 3 coats on the side strips and that used a whole bloody can! gonna do the speaker surrounds as well cause they are also silver. have got 25mm spacers coming and i thought that would probably be enough.

Your car was minted Biohzrd, but its my rule NEVER to have a black car again. And also never to have the same car twice. Not that i dont appreciate a black car, as long as its not mine!

Megane 225
cheers, half way through painting side strips! doing it myself. Trying to do as much myself as possible wherever possible. Got the side and rear strips laquered up tonight, need to find a car that has front strips on it already as the car i ripped them off didnt have front ones.

Black Clio GT
getting there now, interior is a bitt ott for my liking but if you like it then thats all that matters. spacers should look good with the lowering springs ;-)

Megane 225
yeah, the interior seems to be to my taste only! im getting a switch fitted so i can turn every light off, just in case it becomes distracting one night! spacers are on the way, suspension is here, HIDs are hopefully on the way. First time i have done this sort of thing to one of my cars so trying to do it right.

Megane 225
well, got my side strips finished today, well, the front part anyway! forgot to get the rear parts of them off! crap. anyways, thought would post picture up. also got the RenaultSport side bullets, just to set it off nicely:)

99c3a2c8.jpg

0ac1834d.jpg

get them stuck on next week after i have done the suspension and spacers, dont want to scratch them before they are even on!

Megane 225
s**t, didnt know they made them. Just phoned renault and asked if they made silver side bullets and they told me the RS ones were the only ones that were available. I know its not an rs, im not trying to turn it into one either but i thought the silver would look better than body colour. Matches the door handles.

Megane 225
got all four spacer today, many thanks to mat-nos for them, nice one mate, and the lowering kit in now so will be doing that monday:D very much looking forward to it!

Last edited:
  Megane 225
finally got the thing lowered and on the spacers today! Although i am now presented with yet another fecking problem, the rear spoiler has snapped. So annoyed. Anyways, here is the before and after pictures, and yes i know, i need to clean it!

So, before hand, it is very high, in fact the car of irn bru i have used to demonstrate how high is completely overshaddowed:approve:

P1000320.jpg

P1000321.jpg

And here is after, with all the corners lowered 30mm, and with 25mm spacers on. a lot better looking. In truth it is a different can of irn bru, the previous one im afraid was consumed well before.

P1000322.jpg

P1000323.jpg

P1000325.jpg

P1000324.jpg

so just need to get the interior, side strips sorted and that annoying rear spoiler sorted and im done.......for a while:approve:

Megane 225
Please tell me you did not pay the stupid asking price for those RS bullets !!!!!!

afraid i did! i wanted silver ones and the rs ones were the only silver ones available. Then it was pointed out to me that the GT ones were anthricite....Balls! not trying to copy the 197 but really wanted the silver strips.

any side on pics lol

will get some side on pics the morn, just back in. Just checked the back of my car and the plastic bit that was hanging off the spoiler has now fallen off! great! :( f**king pain in the arse this it! :dapprove:

Megane 225
100 x better now it's lower mate! Really coming along nicely.

cheers mate:approve: aye still a wee bit to do, the coloured side strips and fixing the interior properly are happening wednesday. The the HIDs when they arrive, hopefully will install them thursday if they are here.

llllooooooovvvvveeee the spacers!! was walking back to the car from the cashpoint and the stance is just incredible! looks a mean little b*****d now! spacers are the way forward!

The gt ones are only gray plastic so it would have been a waste of time getting them how does the car feel now it's lowered ?

Megane 225
The gt ones are only gray plastic so it would have been a waste of time getting them how does the car feel now it's lowered ?

are they? some bugger told me they were metal! would just of been as well to paint them myself if thats the case! Well, it feels okay, but my rear tyres are touching on the illegal side so didnt want to drive that "spiritedly" tonight! have put off getting new rears for too long, getting them tomorow. also the snow where i was tonight covered my car! so pretty slippery. will report on how they feel after new rubber tomorow;)

coming on nicely chief.

like the rear lights

The rear lights were a bit of an iffy one for me until i saw them on, they do look a lot better! also the standard ones have a circle sticky out bit where the indicators and reverse lights are, these ones are smooth so look a bit more modern.

If anyone wants my old lights let me know:approve: also my old interior, thats for sale too, both items are mint condition!

Homo spec mazda
Looks a lot lot better now its lower, im sorry to be a teeny bit of a hater, but get that SX kit off, ive never liked it and its my only gripe with this car.

Your right about the stance though, the front end with the flared arches and spacers looks awesome when its lower. It's just a shame they didnt flare the back a touch.

Megane 225
Looks a lot lot better now its lower, im sorry to be a teeny bit of a hater, but get that SX kit off, ive never liked it and its my only gripe with this car.

Your right about the stance though, the front end with the flared arches and spacers looks awesome when its lower. It's just a shame they didnt flare the back a touch.

i like the sx kit a lot, even thought the back spolier has a huge chunk out of it at the moment! f**king annoying! hopefully getting that seen to thursday. got it back from arnold clark and my mate noticed that it had a big crack in it, now it has completely broken off. pissed!!!!!

Homo spec mazda
i like the sx kit a lot, even thought the back spolier has a huge chunk out of it at the moment! f**king annoying! hopefully getting that seen to thursday. got it back from arnold clark and my mate noticed that it had a big crack in it, now it has completely broken off. pissed!!!!!

Where i park at work theres a red MK3, not too sure what the crack is with it but I think it has the SX kit on it and some wolfrace wheels, could be one of the dealer specials, but hes standard height and has a broken splitter.

Megane 225
i have the front one twice. Well, not strictly true! i hit a hare, then my girlfriend smashed the second one coming off a kerb. Tube. The rear has never been a problematic one, but it has a cut out of it to accomodate the exhaust, so if i get a new one it will have to get cut as well.

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
Hey Mate,

Where did you get the RS grills from mate?? Something iv wanted to do for a while now.

Cheers,

Steve

Megane 225
Hey Mate,

Where did you get the RS grills from mate?? Something iv wanted to do for a while now.

Cheers,

Steve

hi mate,

looked around for ages for one and eventually just went to the renault dealers and paid them think it was £70 for it. Dont think there is any way round it im afraid! :(

MkIII Clio Dynamique S
hi mate,

looked around for ages for one and eventually just went to the renault dealers and paid them think it was £70 for it. Dont think there is any way round it im afraid! :(

Thought as much mate. To the dealer it is then.

Car is looking great by the way!

Im fitting my amp and sub tomorrow. How did you get on with feeding your live wire through firewall at the front of the car out of interest mate?

Also was it easy enought to remove the front seats? (i.e bolts and airbag connector)

Megane 225
Thought as much mate. To the dealer it is then.

Car is looking great by the way!

Im fitting my amp and sub tomorrow. How did you get on with feeding your live wire through firewall at the front of the car out of interest mate?

Also was it easy enought to remove the front seats? (i.e bolts and airbag connector)

if you take the glove box out there is a hole behind a bit of plastic, i just fed it through there.

The front seats were easyish:approve: in truth i was incredibly hung over and sprawled out on my sofa, so a mate who i was suppposed to be fitting them with ended up taking the old ones out on his own, until about 2ish when i finally felt better and was able to help him put the new ones in. Was pretty much a straight replacement, one bolt front and back on each runner.

looks loads better now, just needs a good detail and some better pics ;-)
cheers mate, just waiting on photobucket uploading the pictures of it before i add them to this thread

Megane 225
So, as promised here are some better pictures of the suspension and spacers upgrade, and, of course, the hole that now exists in my rear spoiler:dapprove:

so, the suspension ones side on

P1000326.jpg

P1000328.jpg

P1000330.jpg

P1000331.jpg

and a couple of the spacers how they look now.

P1000327.jpg

P1000329.jpg

P1000332.jpg

and i few i took next to my mums standard clio, im afraid i couldnt convince her of the importance of 16" wheels so she settled for the 15s.

c9c1e858.jpg

b5397eb7.jpg

fe2ed892.jpg

285b2418.jpg

dce4a237.jpg

5ada2f46.jpg

8e70cf18.jpg

so tomorow i tackle the interior for the FINAL time, and on thursday i get the spoiler fixed, then fit the HIDs which should arrive tomorow hopefully. Fit the side strips tomorow if i have time and dynomat the doors.

cheers for looking:rasp:

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Just lose the SX kit FFS !!!! will look loads better !! plus whoever cut in that exhaust should be shot !

Megane 225
Just lose the SX kit FFS !!!! will look loads better !! plus whoever cut in that exhaust should be shot !

nope, not losing the kit, i really like it. The guy from the Top Gear Garage cut it, and its ok, the exhaust aint sitting straight, think arnold clark dunted that as well, will need to have a look tomorow at it and see.

Megane 225
im gonna -1 on it:rasp: i like the kit, and if i was gonna be getting rid of the kit then i wasted money on the springs cause i would of gone lower without it! so nope, the kits staying and getting fixed. I have always liked the kit, i know it has some critics but i think it suits the car well.

Megane 225
so today thought would get the HIDs fitted, and try and complete the body colouring process, when the only bit i got done was the rear bump strips. The whole bumper had to come off to fit the HIDs which was a mare, but it did enable to me get the front bump strip off a bit easier to paint them.

So, heres my pic of the day, enjoy:)

P1000336.jpg

P1000334.jpg

P1000333.jpg

P1000335.jpg

P1000338.jpg

and the rear bump strips now finished as well

P1000337.jpg

b8f772c2.jpg