ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Flame Red 172

2003 Clio 172 Sport
Haha well let me do the deal first then I can look at that. At least it saves me £600-£700 which can be better spent ;)

2003 Clio 172 Sport
Ok folks, picked up the new 172. Drove from wales to cornwall with no real hitches. I'll post a project thread tomorrow.

2003 Clio 172 Sport
And you'd be correct. In true clio fashion, this one has let me down. The key suddenly won't turn in the ignition and the steering lock has disappeared for no apparent reason.

2003 Clio 172 Sport
Going to have a locksmith come take a look tomorrow but can't understand why the steering lock won't engage anymore..

2003 Clio 172 Sport
It should just be a case of getting the barrel out and I'll just change the locks, barrel and key over. There's a set local to me, both locks, key blade and barrel for £20

2003 Clio 172 Sport
Called the locksmith and he's fairly confident the end of the barrel is gummed up and things aren't clicking into place as they should, worst case scenario he has to supply a barrel and new key. £80 which seems fair considering he's got to come to me, remove the old barrel (going to be a pain as the key doesn't go in) and cut & supply a new key/barrel. Anyways I'll get a thread up today