ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little 1.2 mk3 clio imusic

Looks great mate! cant wait to see it on coilies!

Shame you couldnt have parked with us at MCM though :(

EDIT: ignore this, im not in the thread i thought i was in haha whooops

Mk3 1.4 clio
Looks great mate! cant wait to see it on coilies!

Shame you couldnt have parked with us at MCM though :(

EDIT: ignore this, im not in the thread i thought i was in haha whooops
Cheers mate yeah hopefully get my coilovers soon and I will get some pics up. Yeah it's a shame I missed use by 5 mins.

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Looking good...

Black on black is a winner... BUT i would say that...

Cant wait for the low down pics.. :)

Clio mk3
Nice I think i will order a set tonight. How do they fit to the car??
they give the car a sporty look ! There's sticky stuff on each side and you just slide it into the window line and push it to fit and leave your windows up for a hour for it to set,it comes with instructions and I could send you the link for them if you want

Mk3 1.4 clio
Yeah if you could post a link mate I will grab the same ones. Sound simple enough to fit nice and straight forward cheers.

LY 182
they give the car a sporty look ! There's sticky stuff on each side and you just slide it into the window line and push it to fit and leave your windows up for a hour for it to set,it comes with instructions and I could send you the link for them if you want
did you not push them silver clips in aswell to wedge it in ?! :eek: theyll just blow off if not ahaha

Clio mk3
Thats the same listing i bought, mine came with them! And still blew one off so bought another set, i have 4 metal wedges in each side now haha!
ill have to have a look for them! currently looking for some help as i jus installed a new air filter and the engine management light and the spanner light came on:( was also saying check emission. no sure if anything is wrong or if its just because theres more air going to it:/

ill have to have a look for them! currently looking for some help as i jus installed a new air filter and the engine management light and the spanner light came on:( was also saying check emission. no sure if anything is wrong or if its just because theres more air going to it:/

is it a cone filter? or did you just whack an aftermarket panel in?

Could be worth swapping the bits back over to see if it sorts it, then go from there

Clio mk3
is it a cone filter? or did you just whack an aftermarket panel in?

Could be worth swapping the bits back over to see if it sorts it, then go from there
yea its a cone one,my friend said its just because of air intake has increased? i want to be sure though so ive asked around on here but your the first to get back to me

yea its a cone one,my friend said its just because of air intake has increased? i want to be sure though so ive asked around on here but your the first to get back to me

That doesnt sound right though as plenty of people install cones and this is the first ive heard of a management light coming on. is it all on correctly?

Good news lads got a dispatched email for my coilovers hurray. Made my Friday night even better.

woot! how low you goin? *cough* 90mm *cough*

Clio mk3
That doesnt sound right though as plenty of people install cones and this is the first ive heard of a management light coming on. is it all on correctly?

heres a picture of the setup and the dash. theres a pipe that was connected to the air filter that's still there i thought it was just for sucking in air or some over flow or something! but if you look at the picture its to the left of the air filter.
i also had a flex pipe with it but didnt attach it

air 2.jpgair.jpg

heres a picture of the setup and the dash. theres a pipe that was connected to the air filter that's still there i thought it was just for sucking in air or some over flow or something! but if you look at the picture its to the left of the air filter.
i also had a flex pipe with it but didnt attach it

View attachment 104628View attachment 104629

I think the pipe to the left is your oil breather pipe, might have something to do with it. does the flex pipe have a smaller pipe coming off it?

Clio mk3
I think the pipe to the left is your oil breather pipe, might have something to do with it. does the flex pipe have a smaller pipe coming off it?

nope the flex pipe has nothing on it,i thought it was for if you want to have the air filter somewhere else. I need to find out what the pipe is to see if thats the problem,but i need to get to the problem if there is one

Mk3 1.4 clio
bennettxo:
i pushed the boat out abit and went for Weitec Hicon GT around £600 mark.

woot! how low you goin? *cough* 90mm *cough*
[/QUOTE=
Well I can get 70-80mm easy, but my drive has a big drop so I'm going to have to work it out so I don't take my splitter off lol.

Last edited:
nope the flex pipe has nothing on it,i thought it was for if you want to have the air filter somewhere else. I need to find out what the pipe is to see if thats the problem,but i need to get to the problem if there is one

Hmm strange. Yeah it is, so you can relocate it behind your headlight etc. where was thew smaller pipe plugged into before? was it into your airbox?

Well I can get 70-80mm easy, but my drive has a big drop so I'm going to have to work it out so I don't take my splitter off lol.

Haha fair point, i think 60 would look sweet & save your splitter in the process

Clio mk3
Hmm strange. Yeah it is, so you can relocate it behind your headlight etc. where was thew smaller pipe plugged into before? was it into your airbox?

Haha fair point, i think 60 would look sweet & save your splitter in the process

yea was plugged straight into the air box

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
That little pipe is defo oil breather pipe, probably best to buy a tiny little cone filter that goes on it, not expensive, can't see it solving the issue though as I didn't think you could create emission problems with the air intake.. Hmm

Clio mk3
That little pipe is defo oil breather pipe, probably best to buy a tiny little cone filter that goes on it, not expensive, can't see it solving the issue though as I didn't think you could create emission problems with the air intake.. Hmm
im baffled and have no idea what it is!

Clio mk3
i cant see why they wouldn't work it they fit over the tube etc.

Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Bre..._Hearing_Cooling_Air&var=&hash=item337fc24791

You can choose your neck size aswell with that one. Have you still got your warning lights on etc? i just cant see that adding a filter will turn them off. Deffo would get one still though, better than having a bare pipe.
My firends seems to thins its because of theres more air than normal going in,im going to see if i can get a diagnostic kit on it but im out of money atm

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Yeah just get one of those on that link, only a fiver. After reading up a bit more about what that pipe does I could believe it might solve your issue but have to wait and see

Clio mk3
Yeah just get one of those on that link, only a fiver. After reading up a bit more about what that pipe does I could believe it might solve your issue but have to wait and see
my friend has a diagnostic kit so im going to go up there and see what it says,will let you know what happens! thanks for the help so far mate!

Clio mk3
i stuck a diagnostic kit on it and it just turned all the lights that were on off,must of been cause of the change of air flow? got the box back on for now and im going to order a one of those oil breathers in a minute