ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread

White Sti Hatch
Right as the other one went to pot i asked kindly to have it removed so i can start a new and keep this one on the right track.

So it all started on the 15th of January 08 i picked up my 55 plate 1.6 Dynamique S

Couple of weeks later after picking it up i thought id head to the Scottish Rolling Road day to show it off and see what it was running witch wasnt to bad as it came out at standard power :)

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

From that day i went on the hunt to find coilover as it was a 4x4 compared to even standard Mk2s !

So with a couple of phone calls to K-tec and a few emails later id ordered myself up a set of Weitec GT Coils they took a month to appear but it was well worth it for the look it gave straight away.

DSCF0008.jpg

And compared to a standard Mk3 well just look at the pic.....This was just after they were fitted so still needed to settle a fair bit.

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

After the coils i went about the side strips and get them coded and while they were getting done i decided to do the bullets in white.

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

Next on the list to silence the chav inside was a bit of noise from the car, started ringing round for exhausts but no one would give me what i wanted so ended up settling on a BMC Carbon this gave me the sound i was looking for and kept me smiling :)

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

Was happy with the way the car was sitting and how it was sounded but the wheels being hidden in the arches really started to get to me so thanks to Russ for supplying the 25mm spacers. Once theses were fitted the stance and look of the car completely changed.

Before.
DSCF0051.jpg

After.
DSCF0060.jpg

Id now spent most of my time sorting the exterior so thought id spend a lil bit on the interior and get a new head unit in, i went for the Alpine IDA X100 iPod only head unit great bit of kit and looks the part aswell.

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

I had one last thing i wanted to do to the outside and that was the sports grill and being the first to do it i was going in blind not knowing if it would fit or not but it did ! and it changed the front for the better ! went from standard to this for a few days while i waited for the grill

DSCF0065.jpg

then to this

DSCF0072.jpg

For here on it out it was really left to prep for FCS witch i decided id make the trip down to to see what it was all about, it was an awsome weekend full of great laughs on the way down and there also some amzing cars there was well worth the trip.

I decided the car had to go back down again as it was raised for going into renault for some faults to be sorted but in doing this i had a few problems with my drive way !

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Was all rather close but it gets in and without a problem :quiet:

So this is how the car sits at the moment but there is a few things im doing atm witch i will update once i get a chance to clean it and grap some new pics.

DSC_0200.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

And the best pic of them all from FCS is this one !!!

S5032376.jpg

Cheers to Colin (aka Dog Boy for the weekend) for spoiling the pic lol !!

Anyway this is my new thread and will be trying to keep it on topic as much as possible ask questions all you like i will answer them :)

White Sti Hatch
sweet.......it looks great. lower ;)

If you want to come up here and help me level out the pavment into my driveway it will go lower lol !!!

Im going to take the front right down soon just to see what it looks like and will throw up some pics just for you mate !

Clio 197 F1
Looks mint mate, does that headunit work with the steering wheel controls? What does it say on the heads up display where it would usually say what channel is on?

Again mate does look really good.

White Sti Hatch
Looks mint mate, does that headunit work with the steering wheel controls? What does it say on the heads up display where it would usually say what channel is on?

Again mate does look really good.

Na it dosnt and paying £70 for the bits to make it work isnt worth it as all i would get from it would be the volume to be honest as for the heads up you just get the time and temp the rest is blank.

Cheers for the comment

Megane R26 + 182
Love it, could you do a list of mods with the prices? How much you get the car for dude? Does look very nice!!! James

Ph1 172 + Combo van
well good that last picture is well good if there wasnt somebody with thier head out the window lol, your car makes me like mk3s

Italian 3.2 V6
hey, whats the car like handling wise with the weitec gt coilovers on?? are they worth the buy?? car sits just right and spacers finish it off 2! i think u need some 17"s nxt though dude, wud finish it off i think.

Slow red one
looks awesome, shame we crnt do some pics together of our mk3's;) only had mine a few days and love it. think the next thing i shall do after next payday is the grill:) it looks sporty!

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
That looks great! I personally wouldn't do anything else to it. Looks fine the way it is now ;)

White Sti Hatch
Love it, could you do a list of mods with the prices? How much you get the car for dude? Does look very nice!!! James

Ill do a list and try and link to as much as of it as possible for you mate.

Why thank you Christopher

well good that last picture is well good if there wasnt somebody with thier head out the window lol, your car makes me like mk3s

I thank colin for the head, also cheers mate appreciated

hey, whats the car like handling wise with the weitec gt coilovers on?? are they worth the buy?? car sits just right and spacers finish it off 2! i think u need some 17"s nxt though dude, wud finish it off i think.

a million times better than stock 0% body roll at all and with sticky Proxes it handels a dream ! They are if you dont want to spend 1k on Fks. Im not touching 17" i hate big wheels ive got one last thing to do to the wheels then ill be done outside.

i think it looks s**t hot, 17s would ruin it

Agree someson on my side :)

looks awesome, shame we crnt do some pics together of our mk3's;) only had mine a few days and love it. think the next thing i shall do after next payday is the grill:) it looks sporty!

Aye pitty that one mate there isnt many Mk3s up my way bar Alan....Grills a good mod but expensive for two bits of plastic. Check my guid in the guid section gives you eveything you need to know.

looks really gd mate, well impressed

Cheers mate appreciated

That looks great! I personally wouldn't do anything else to it. Looks fine the way it is now ;)

Wheels and then ill be done with the outside and itll be a move onto the interior !

White Sti Hatch
So Far

Wietec Coilovers - Here
25mm Spacers - Here
BMC Carbon - Here
63 - 70mm Reducer - Here
Alpine IDA X100 - Here + This

To Come

Powder Coat Wheels
Upgrade Interior Speakers
Seats - Maybe
New or Replacment Wheel

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Looks nice dude :) Are you going for the lower RS grill to match it? Are the wheels the same as 197 fitment - as some of the larger 197 17s or maybe some Megane 17s would really set it off lovely.

White Sti Hatch
Na i can get get the grill to be a direct fit ment id have to hack away at it witch i dont want to do and as for the 197 wheels there 5 stud sadly or i would have considered them

Looks nice dude :) Are you going for the lower RS grill to match it? Are the wheels the same as 197 fitment - as some of the larger 197 17s or maybe some Megane 17s would really set it off lovely.

White Sti Hatch
So here the changed i had to get pics of....

Interior Strips in Body Colour...i want to do the vents but unsure how to remove them...
DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

Side Strip Bullets Peral Black
DSCF0153.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

Engine Cover... Yozza sticker on it as looks to plain without anything on it....Excuse the dirty marks
DSCF0161.jpg

ive been lead to beleve the vents will break but im sure ive seen them on ebay so they may come off if your careful need to do the speaker rings as well ;)

MKIII 138
any side shots of the car on the weitek coilovers ? and how low have you gone in the pics..

cheers

btw i think you could have taken an more attractive shot of your interior ;)

White Sti Hatch
ive been lead to beleve the vents will break but im sure ive seen them on ebay so they may come off if your careful need to do the speaker rings as well ;)

Meh speaker rigns are easy enough but the vents are the main problem and i dont want to break them nor take the dash board out at this moment in time !

any side shots of the car on the weitek coilovers ? and how low have you gone in the pics..

cheers

btw i think you could have taken an more attractive shot of your interior ;)

If you mean straight side on then no there all taken at angles for some reason dunno wht but they still show of the stance....Roughly 70 rear 65/70 front.....

Its only the interior nothing special lol !

White Sti Hatch
Im waiting on my LEDs in the post witch will hopefully be here on wednesday and also in the middle of looking out some new seats got my eye on the new Sparco Chronos atm

Clive the Clio no. 2
the vents come out with a flat screwdriver, put it behind then pry them out, then, unclip the surround off the vents then paint and re attach, i did it myself last week

White Sti Hatch
You PM me some pics of how you did it mate dont want to go at it with a Driver and end up buggering them up and having to pay renault £20 for a new one

White Sti Hatch
No mate i havent got them yet not have i heard anything about them was going to get in touch with you tomoz if no word see if you could get in touch with Dave....

Cheers mate, will be a couple more changed in the next couple of weeks if all goes to plan anyway

Did you get your mats yet fella?
Progress on the car is coming along well :)

Italian 3.2 V6
thanks for the reply on the coilovers, thats what i wanted to here :D lol. Have you noticed any difference at all in the performance with this "BMC carbon" or fek all?, is it just about noise?? do you think the viper one you can get off ktec would? or wud it be the same just noise?? im guessing not but thort id double check.

White Sti Hatch
A small update over the past week....

New Interior Lights

DSCF0217.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

New Stubby

DSCF0224.jpg

And just a few in a new Spot i found....

DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

Will be the last pics of the car with the Silver Wheels come next Wednesday they will be looking alot diffrent !

White Sti Hatch
Neither mate standard Halogen lights with the Factory Lamps in there....

If i could i would my Driveway and entrance to my street is whats stopping me going lower

what are them headlights HID's or xenons... oh btw car is looking goooooood... go lower :p

White Sti Hatch
lol tool box aint heavy enough to lower it ne more !! Would have taken it out before i took them all but to be honest couldent be arsed !!!

Your cheatin, you've got your work stuff in the back of your car!

Oh and as for p4ers question, cant say it give me any gains but car feels like it pull a lil better at lower revs and plus it sounds great !!!