ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread

A Euro'd one...
Smoothing it sir?

Starting to think the mk3 will suit a totaly smoothed look rear fist, front later on or sooner if i can find another front for cheap then next year side strips to finish it off i think itll look the nuts !

you sound like a man with a plan ;) well the mk3 would look so much better without the door mouldings and its not such of a big job compared to the old clios as the indent is not as deep. Im considering to do mine after show season.

White Sti Hatch
I do have a plan and a list about as long as my arm mate, rents dont like me spending all the money on it so its going to be a slow build from here on out on the body aspect of it :(

White Sti Hatch
Couple more uptodate pics....

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

Really need to get myself a camera dads isnt that great

White Sti Hatch
I aint going down the euro route so im not signing up there already been asked to by folk on here....

White Sti Hatch
good pics above. you go to places in dundee i have never seen before :O

Down the docks actualy my dads old work before the payed everyone off n moved to some slave labour country.....take you there tomoz.....

hid's will be bangin on that mate

Aye they will if i can get the bastardin front bumper off to get in at the lights !!

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Got My HID's today and got them fitted, pritty straight forward and happy with the look too....

Before
DSC00238.jpg

After
DSC00237.jpg

Pics were taken on my phone hense why they look greenish, will get more up later tonight.

White Sti Hatch
What Vein Qouted HAz taken on my phone witch seemed to turn them green :/ there a Crisp white in the flesh like i said ill try get some good pics later on.

WillnWilson

I write up a guid in the next couple of days on how to get it off pritty damn easy aswell

A guide on fitting the HID's would be great too mate, and where did you buy the kit from and how much? :)

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Bio

Just found this thread and read through it!

Great stuff mate! You've done a a great job!

A few comments - respray the side badge bullets in OEM satin silver just to break it up a bit

Get your centre dash console around the stereo etc sprayed the same black as everything else.

Strip it out and get a cage and buckets in there!

Good job!

S2000
A guide on fitting the HID's would be great too mate, and where did you buy the kit from and how much? :)

He bought them from me (www.hid-lighting.co.uk) in the Group Buy I arranged over the last few weeks. I have quite a few kits in stock at the moment so if you are interested just drop me a PM and I'll give you some details.

All my kits come with a fitting guide as to the fitting of the lights themselves. There will be more to do in some cases depending on what model you have, such as having to remove the bumper etc, but in terms of the seting up of the lights it will all be explained with the kit.

White Sti Hatch

I could prob write a basic one up for fitting the HIDs to the Mk3s

Bio

Just found this thread and read through it!

Great stuff mate! You've done a a great job!

A few comments - respray the side badge bullets in OEM satin silver just to break it up a bit

Get your centre dash console around the stereo etc sprayed the same black as everything else.

Strip it out and get a cage and buckets in there!

Good job!

Cheers for the comments mate, as for the side bullets i like the all black look the door handels are going to get done once i get round to it aswell.

The interior is another story im tempted to spray the console but still unsure if itll look alright or just a bit....weird :S will have to wait and see....

Buckets and a Cage are the plans for next year some time :approve:

He bought them from me (www.hid-lighting.co.uk) in the Group Buy I arranged over the last few weeks. I have quite a few kits in stock at the moment so if you are interested just drop me a PM and I'll give you some details.

All my kits come with a fitting guide as to the fitting of the lights themselves. There will be more to do in some cases depending on what model you have, such as having to remove the bumper etc, but in terms of the seting up of the lights it will all be explained with the kit.

Really good kits aswell very easy to install i will write up an Mk3 guid for fitting them when i get some spare time....it is pritty easy though.

What a lovely motor :)

Cheers Mate

It just gets better mate...top work as per!!

There he is !! Cheers mate :)

Pimpin bud.

As Always Bud

sports grill looks great in my opinion

Best £60 ive spent lol

White Sti Hatch
There 6K with Slim Ballasts...make it alot easier to fit....Also slim ballasts fit nicly into the Xenon Ballasts place on the underside of the light and theres also a nice place for the relay...

DSC00239.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Ok i got some pics but there on my phone as the cam thought it would be a good time to die ! Getting my own in a couple of weeks for my B-Day though :)

Anyway here ya go...taken on my C902

No Lights
DSC00247.jpg

Lights....Duh...
DSC00246.jpg

Side On
DSC00245.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Simple as mate my Guide on removing the bumper will go up in a couple of days and ill get it updated with more pics at the weekend.

White Sti Hatch
Well been bored past couple f days after work and as i had the bumper off i took the front diamond off and thought id give it a spray along with the horrible plastic holder behind it..

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bumper came off like i said?? ;)

I'm changing my 6000k to 5000, not convinced there's enough light output from the 6000 tbh

White Sti Hatch
Bumper came off like i said?? ;)

I'm changing my 6000k to 5000, not convinced there's enough light output from the 6000 tbh

I just went down a county lane i know quite well with mine on no Full Beam and i think i see what you mean mate dosnt seem to strech far enough ahead... Ill will await your verdict on the 5Ks

f**kin mint, love this mate.

Cheers mate appreciated....

Better quality pics will follow soon as im picking up a Nikon D60 this weekend :)

S2000
I just went down a county lane i know quite well with mine on no Full Beam and i think i see what you mean mate dosnt seem to strech far enough ahead... Ill will await your verdict on the 5Ks

You could always pop some in your Full Beam as well :evil:

Seriously though, really liking the car - a lot of nice touches have gone into it. :approve: