ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread

Nice little project there bud :) I can't believe how much better it looks lowered, it looks really nice:cool:

One thing, you considering getting a boot spoiler for it ?

Renaultsport Clio 197
great looking car, think it's even lower then my rs :dapprove: :D

where'd you get the yozza sticker from ?
and also, is it hard to remove the standard airbox (is it similar to one in 197) and put the BMC in?

and I wonder how a black "circle" around those alloys would look? :cool:

Hope you know what I mean, like the red one on bikes, just in black :)

White Sti Hatch
Nice little project there bud :) I can't believe how much better it looks lowered, it looks really nice:cool:

One thing, you considering getting a boot spoiler for it ?

Cheers Mate, Yeah i am considering it but im still unsure atm kinda like it the way it is.

great looking car, think it's even lower then my rs :dapprove: :D

where'd you get the yozza sticker from ?
and also, is it hard to remove the standard airbox (is it similar to one in 197) and put the BMC in?

and I wonder how a black "circle" around those alloys would look? :cool:

Hope you know what I mean, like the red one on bikes, just in black :)

Got handed it when i was at FCS mate, Its a bit of a job getting the air box out as youve got to take the battery and tray out to make it easy or you could do what i seen someone on here do and take a Hammer to it lol.....Its the exact same as the one in the 197 aswell.

As for the wheel the black circle round it wouldent be much good after next week ;)

MKIII 138
looks great m8 :D

could you give us a run down of the mods and the model of the car i.e engine spec etc..

cheers

White Sti Hatch
1.6 Dynamique S VVT
112.2 Bhp 108.8lbf.ft Standard
RRd At Falkland Performance

So Far

Wietec Coilovers - Here
25mm Spacers - Here
BMC Carbon - Here
63 - 70mm Reducer - Here
Alpine IDA X100 - Here + This
Rs Front Grill
Tinted Side Repeaters
LED Interior Lights
JustMatz

To Come

Powder Coat Wheels - Next Week
Upgrade Interior Speakers
Seats - Maybe - Sparco Chronos
New or Replacment Steering Wheel

White Sti Hatch
Horrible Grainy Dark Pic just to teas you all :evil:

DSCF0227.jpg

Spot The Diffrence !!

Enjoy......

Turbos.
I like it how it is at the moment, i wouldn't mess with the OEM wheels.

As Cat says a spoiler might look ok. The optional Sports spoiler looks far more tasteful than the Cup racer style spoiler.

White Sti Hatch
No better pics atm as that was taken last night at 3 in the morning after coming back from the pub :) will go out and get some in the rain in a bit when i can be arsed moving !

White Sti Hatch
Well Wheels were done yestarday and the out come and finish was just spot on and what i was really looking for ! Black on Black goes so well....

There Matt Black btw.... More pics in here

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0247.jpg

Also got my Black Reducer eventualy....

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Me and a mate were having a ponder over that when i showed him on wednesday night but im not a fan of it at all love them the way they are :)

White Sti Hatch
Well another small touch, was annoyed with the Silver vent sorrounds and with the help of willynwilson soon to be posted guid i got them off and sprayed today....

only a couple quick snaps will get better ones once i have washed it and sett he coils up again !

They were taken on my phone sorry....

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Those vent surrounds look the dogs mate!!! How'd you go about paintin them?

Removed the vent itself unclipped the sorround kick rub down with 400grit 2 coats of primer 2 of Colour and 2 Clear simeple as lol theres a guid going up on how to remove them soon as mods clear it...

White Sti Hatch
Another updateish

Better shot of the interior and few with new caliper paint. Hammerite Smooth ftw

DSCF0275.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

and the best out all the pics i took imo.....

DSCF0261.jpg

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
That looks real nice dude IMO - great job :) Does it struggle for clearence at all or anything? I was of the impression that the sump or the exhaust or something was quite low on the Clio3 already and you have to look out for it when lowering. Is that true or ballcocks?

Dan

White Sti Hatch
Na it is tru mate its the Center Cat that gets me and i think thats what whoever was telling you was on about also catch the sills or at leasts thats what i think it is on the edge of speed bumps when i try to go one sided have to go right over the center if its a split pair if its a single one i try avoid them. its really just on the speed bumps im fine getting in and out of Multi Storys.

Cheers for the comments appreciated.

White Sti Hatch
Well just payed for this and will hopefully be with me next week ready for some work to be done...

110216823_o.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Another rear bumper for some personal touches....might be done before the glasgow meet but dont think it will...

A Euro'd one...
I like what you've done with the vents, i have been planning to colour code mine for ages. Are they a head ache to get of? theres only one guess to what your doing to the rear if im correct ;) it will make a massive difference.

White Sti Hatch
Na there not that hard to get out mate willynwilson told me how to do ithe also wrote up guide (Here) Its a 5 mins job to get them off make a big diffrence to the interior just need to get the handbreak and Gearstick done and thatll do me as taking the dash off to do the dials is way to much effort lol !

Yeah your guess would be right mate hopefully have it done in the next few weeks money permiting as insurance is due :(