ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Name me a decent Polish/Wax.

CG is highly rated for a non pricey wax fella, very good results, little money. But you can tell the difference the higher you go, obviously.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Did i hear my name mentioned?

Hey jamie ;)

i like alot of waxes, which dont just consist of dodo! I think ag srp and egp are excellent + value 4money. Theres so many choices out there, i do love dodo sn, but then so do i swissvax onyx, the nattys range, collinite, pinnacle, etc etc! Its all down to personal pref, try it, if you dont like it move on! Start with dodo juice though! :)

Hey ali ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
Did i hear my name mentioned?

Hey jamie ;)

i like alot of waxes, which dont just consist of dodo! I think ag srp and egp are excellent + value 4money. Theres so many choices out there, i do love dodo sn, but then so do i swissvax onyx, the nattys range, collinite, pinnacle, etc etc! Its all down to personal pref, try it, if you dont like it move on! Start with dodo juice though! :)

Hey ali ;)

well said

Love the way these threads now just turn into a chat with the usual lot; you, Highlander x2, Paul, Dawn, Stephen Chemguy, Andy Coby, Db and the rest lol.

Golf GTD Mk7
Just a running banter with Paul and I about Dodo. I don't see the massive deal with them, think it's a bit of a phase that people are going through, but Paul and Dawn swear by them.

TBF used the Blue Velvet on Needy's RB R27 and looked superb. Standard awkward Jamie moment ;)

Lol, fare enough mate. I kind of agreed with you in some way as the price is a little steep for it, and it doesn't last as long as some. But yeah Blue velvet is sweet.

Golf GTD Mk7
PAUL! Serious? Might just be the light but FM that is a huge difference!

Russ, I used P21s for ages, then changed to Natty's. But now I am at home with a garage etc, I could use anything tbh, could top up every week if I wanted to!

R222 will be on the list along with some other bits.

Oh and Paul, I am going to get some Blue Velvet, purely for the funsies of getting it all over my hands haha!

You apply it by hand? How?

Golf GTD Mk7
FYI guys,

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=76435&highlight=wax+test

Have a read of that (you'll need a spare half hour) then tell me if there is much difference between the expensive waxes over the cheaper ones. People who pay a fortune for zymol etc are silly IMO. Wax evapourates off anyway, and just creates a barrier, so as long at the finish underneath is mintly polished, the reflection will hold up under any protection.

Personally I'd go for a sealant first followed by wax (2 layers) combo. Much longer protection and will withstand washing a bit more.

3 layers of CG Blitz, two layers of Nattys, with P21s on the windows and lights and same on the wheels (since my 476 has run out).

That's my summer "setup".

You apply it by hand? How?

Literally as it sounds. Scoop, massage in your hands to activate, push onto the surface, buff off.

If you type "ultimate car wash/detail" into Google videos, it comes up with the Mark something or other (VXR) detail of an MC Mazza. First vid that really got me into doing this seriously.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jamie have you read Dave KG's post about his detailing?

Epic write up. Scottish aswell ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
Literally as it sounds. Scoop, massage in your hands to activate, push onto the surface, buff off.

If you type "ultimate car wash/detail" into Google videos, it comes up with the Mark something or other (VXR) detail of an MC Mazza. First vid that really got me into doing this seriously.

It's rock hard though :S you heating it up first?

Jamie have you read Dave KG's post about his detailing?

Epic write up. Scottish aswell ;)

Actually not been on DW for time lad, link me?

It's rock hard though :S you heating it up first?

Yeah exactly lad. Wax is dormant in the pot, warmth of putting it on the paintwork is what activates it.

To quote the video "it's an enzyme that activates from the warmth of your hands and therefore bonds to your paint work." <- all said in an adenoids voice ;) NOOIIICCEEE.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmmm, I couldn't scoop any of my velvet out if i tried. Its like rock. Might leave it on the rad and see what happens.

Can't find that link though mate.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol no but I just posted the same link! Love the 476

Hmmm, I couldn't scoop any of my velvet out if i tried. Its like rock. Might leave it on the rad and see what happens.

Can't find that link though mate.

Seriously?? Was as soft as anything, dig your finger in, the rest will melt around it, spot in your hand, rub together (like soap etc) then layer of car. I did it for fun!

Lol no but I just posted the same link! Love the 476

Thanks for the links bum chums ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
Seriously?? Was as soft as anything, dig your finger in, the rest will melt around it, spot in your hand, rub together (like soap etc) then layer of car. I did it for fun!

Ok will give it a go when i get in. I do keep it in a farely cold place though, so it might be cos of that.

Agreed, only done it three times, twice on mine and once with the Needster, but that was purely for s***s and giggles!

Boss didn't find my blue hands funny the next day!

db

db detailing™
3 layers of CG Blitz, two layers of Nattys, with P21s on the windows and lights and same on the wheels (since my 476 has run out).

That's my summer "setup".

Similar to my summer routine except I go for Blitz on the windows and lights instead of wax.
And obviously my new favourite wax (CG 5050) to top it all off.

Bumder With A Buffer
I need/want to try some Blitz. Darren Il PM you as I might want my car given some treatment soon.. just sorting stone chips and wet sanding first ;)

db

db detailing™
I need/want to try some Blitz. Darren Il PM you as I might want my car given some treatment soon.. just sorting stone chips and wet sanding first ;)

Ok mate no worries, give me a shout when you're ready for me!! ;)