ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a Wax...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've got a big bbq on Sunday and sad as it sounds I wouldn't be happy driving there with the car looking dirty...

My plan for this weekend is:

Good wash
Clay with Sonus green
Seal with CG Body Blitz
Wax with 50/50
Then dress all plastics again (seems like I am forever doing this in this rain :mad:)

In the next couple of weeks I will be getting le PC out from its lair... still excites me using it!

i would use a better sealant than blitz tbh, jeffs, jetseal etc

Blitz and Jeff's are 99% identical! I've got both, use both and would recommend both.

106 GTi
I dont notice any difference on rich's car between products lol! You could use Turtlewax and it would still look perfect! ;)

All in the prep baby ;) Wax is the final 10% of the look if that. To be honest the individual nuances can only be seen in the flesh.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I dont notice any difference on rich's car between products lol! You could use Turtlewax and it would still look perfect! ;)

All in the prep baby ;) Wax is the final 10% of the look if that. To be honest the individual nuances can only be seen in the flesh.

I walked round your shed twice trying to find marks. Marks you'd see on mine in a mere second! - In other words your a little girl and you should have bought a DCi!! - Get it driven on the next RS trackday! ;)

106 GTi
You should have looked harder there are loads! But yeah correct on the second part ! Don't want a derv though lol

Mito Sportiva 135
I think the Blitz works better with a caranuba wax looks wise compared to the Jeffs, but yes the Jeffs has better protection.

The Blitz seems to bring the flake out better and leave a clearer finish to the paint IMO.

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't actually got the Jeffs caranuba, just the acrylic. I was going to get it but decided to excercise some self constraint and use up some other sealants first! ;)

I really like the Blitz and Jeffs acrylic though, but as I said for me the Blitz looks a lot better when working with a caranuba wax.

106 GTi
I have only ever used the Jeffs after SRP or Klasse AIO and then topped with a Carnuba, the later seemed to define the look. Jeffs AGT alone untopped just seemed clear and wet in appearance.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Chase them up! Most car cleaning stores are quick with posting.

Happy to lend you a P21s if you're desperate, as one application only takes about 1mm off the top of the tub.

reply already!

thats some customer service! :D

many thanks David... didn't know someone on the forum worked there!
will let you know when it arrives.

Mito Sportiva 135
What did you go for in the end?

If its from Car Wash N Wax then I have always had great service from there. Like the man says though, all places supplying detailing products seem very quick with processing orders, well the ones I have used anyway. If only Amazon were as good...

Mito Sportiva 135
I have only ever used the Jeffs after SRP or Klasse AIO and then topped with a Carnuba, the later seemed to define the look. Jeffs AGT alone untopped just seemed clear and wet in appearance.

I thought the AGT leaves a very wet finish but the Blitz brought out the flake more. This could just be because most times I have used it its been on sunnier days but just my impression of it, love both of them though. EGP has had its day! :)

If its from Car Wash N Wax then I have always had great service from there. Like the man says though, all places supplying detailing products seem very quick with processing orders, well the ones I have used anyway. If only Amazon were as good...

i went for the 50/50 wax, from Carwashnwax.

Seems the non-delivery is down to Royal Mail, no fault of Carwashnwax who replied almost instantaniously to my email :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
found carnauba one naturally brought more depth to the paint as acrylic was very clinical but not warm, so i sold the acrylic and got the carnauba one!!

Mito Sportiva 135

Seems the non-delivery is down to Royal Mail, no fault of Carwashnwax who replied almost instantaniously to my email :)

Yeah bloody RM sucks!

All the CG guys products I own are really good, the 50/50 is excellent - you will be very pleased with the results. Sadly I am nearly man down in my pot so time to buy some more... might try the Onyx next time with the student loan on its way ;) (I am of course joking before the "student scum" comments start, I will of course spend the ENTIRE loan on books...and maybe the odd cheeky pint or ten)

Purple haze...? Was ist das?
DJPHfrontcutout.gif

Dodo Juice Purple Haze is a high gloss car wax. Created using the finest natural ingredients, including the No.1 grade carnauba wax from Brazil, montan wax and dark beeswax. It has been specially created for dark coloured paintwork, including dark coloured metallics.

djphlabel.gif

106 GTi

One order turned up fine for me the next order I did took ages to come and included a trip to the courier company miles away to collect it and then they could not find the parcel. Not bothered since.

Mk4 .:R32
Got my purple haze through yesterday. Smells of lavendar, very nice. I'm a noob to waxing, whats the best method of application and removal??

Also got some poorboys SSR 2.5, smells wellllll nice.

Does the Purple Haze look as good after a few weeks and after the first wash ?

im wanting to no 2

I've not yet tried purple haze myself - but all reports over on the Dodo Juice forum say that it is easy to apply and remove and lasts well (no real surprise there).

Seriously though I have used Banana Armour on my car and have been very impressed with the results - gives the colour a real warmth.

I've got the full range in stock now - if you fancy giving it a go?

TeZ

Non RS : (
Yep PM me MAT.

Ill be wanting to try purple haze . also if you recommend any other pre wax prodycts for DODO just let me know Chap.

Tez-zle pop the thrid.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh THAT Purple Haze... I thought you might mean the type you smoke ;)

Yeah well as everyone has given Onyx such good reviews was thinking of that but if the Purple Haze is any good then willing to try that instead.

That sheeting video is nice but hard to tell if its the wax alone making the effect.

Someone give us a proper review damnit!! :cool:

106 GTi
I am sticking with the Onyx till some people on here wash the car a few times when it is wearing the Purple Haze.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah, I am thinking that as the Onyx seems a proven product might as well go with that.

Think I might order it today in preparation for my full detail on the badger again next week...how exciting! :cool:

well im off work tomorrow, and was planning on doing the car before a little trip to the Ring of Nurburg... so the wax had better turn up tomorrow :(