ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Owner and a couple of questions :)

Clio 182
Hello everyone

I've had a reasonable look through the forum and like the amount of input!
I've always fancied a 182 after a friend of my dad's had one about 6 years ago.

Long story short, I've finally got one :)
Black 182ff with 47k on the clock. The bad news, at 25 with only one years no claims and 3 years driving the insurance is nasty. Then within the first week I've needed a new coil pack, the exhaust has needed welding in front of the cat, the air bag light has come on and it seems to be using a massive amount of fuel compared to the MPG.

Few quick questions... Have I got a problem with the automatic wipers or are they usually pretty useless?
- they seem to speed up gradually, then even when the rain slows they stay on constant. The sensitivity adjustment seems to do nothing whatsoever?

I've read threads about the alarm giving 3 beeps when you lock the car to let you know you've disabled the ultrasonic sensor, but it seems to give me the 3 beeps 1 in 10 times just for the fun of it to confuse me. This normal, or just a quirk of the French electrics? haha

Renault Sport Clio 182
has the new coil pack not made the fuelling any better, i had that along with new plugs and leads and o2 sensor and my mpg went from 19.4 to 30.5, worth a try if your having big issues, also try a gas treatment, just pop it in the fuel tank.

my wipers are the same as yours, there is a guide in the guide section to cleaning the sensor so should help,

cant help with the alarm im afraid mine seems spot on so far.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
My auto wipers wern't acting how they should have been, couldn't be bothered to clean the sensor so just turned them off.

Clio 182
You're right, need to be a full member to access that guide. (didn't even know there was a membership! haha)

I'll mention plugs, leads etc to the dealer if I carry on having a problem.

How do you turn the auto wipers off? I'd love that!

Barge
I take it you bought it off a dealer then? Did you not get a one month warranty, chap? If you did I'd have just taken it back to them.

Nissan 350z
I've read threads about the alarm giving 3 beeps when you lock the car to let you know you've disabled the ultrasonic sensor, but it seems to give me the 3 beeps 1 in 10 times just for the fun of it to confuse me. This normal, or just a quirk of the French electrics? haha

And in regards to this try waiting (count to 10) before you lock the car. You have to give the ECU/UCH chance to know the car has stopped. Worth a try :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Mine does that beap thing aswell. Lol I just check the doors are closed properly then lock again and it's fine.

Renault Sport Clio 182
And in regards to this try waiting (count to 10) before you lock the car. You have to give the ECU/UCH chance to know the car has stopped. Worth a try :)

yeah the gf's clio seems to take a while as well for the ecu to arm.

Clio 182
I didn't think of that, could just be locking it too quickly.

Paid the extra for a three year warranty thankfully. They've now re-welded the exhaust, ordered a seatbelt pre-tensioner which was causing the air bag light, and tightened something causing a knock when near/on full lock.

Was there actually a way to disable the auto wipers to go back to a standard intermittent?

not a bloody clio!!!
If you look up buy the mirror you will see a plastic cover.Take that off and you will find your rain senso rpull the wire out if you want to stop them :) this may stop your auto lights from coming on tho

Artic 182
The wipers are only Semi Auto?! The only way to make them auto is to flick the stalk into or from and then into position 2 everytime you start the car again?

Clio 182
yeah I gathered that much, I just don't think they are that good at 'sensing rain' pretty much what it says on the tin!!

I'd much rather have an intermittent that I could set to how heavy it's raining, rather than the way it seems to leave it ages, then go frantic to clear the screen.

200 Gordini
The wipers are only Semi Auto?! The only way to make them auto is to flick the stalk into or from and then into position 2 everytime you start the car again?

I thought this but sometimes mine work from when i start the car. French D'oh.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Few quick questions... Have I got a problem with the automatic wipers or are they usually pretty useless?

errrr yes there shat