ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner.....love it :)

Cam belt time and mileage doesnt sound too bad tbh pal

Welcome to ClioSport... anything you need to know is ALL on here... but if not, just ask someone :)

Depends how long you plan on keeping the car, but trust me it can become very expensive when you start just "tidying things up"... ha

Oh and Turini's are for Cup's only tbh...

Anyone got any experience of PCD adapters? Are they safe ?

Found a set of wheels on eBay but typically there not the right fitment.

Ok. I'd like it to look like that, but with a set of Compomotives. Though on that particular one they do look good, just not as good as a nice set of 5/6 spokes.

Take it you've got Turini's ?!

Ha was only messing pal, generally for many years its Turini's and recommended springs etc only on here. The TD 1.2's are great and if the size of them dont bother you then job done. 15's will of course liven it up though. Depends how you drive too I guess

I have Turini's as they came on Cups as standard so I can get away with being a sheep a little.. :wink:

Yeah and his car is stunning. Pics @Chris_Beer

😊

If you say so, ha! But RB is just as win win too ;)

20170122_165334.jpg

Anyone got any experience of PCD adapters? Are they safe ?

Found a set of wheels on eBay but typically there not the right fitment.

Basically just bolt to hub spacers, but you get what you pay for and all that jazz. Probably better to get proper fitting ones to start with unless they are a good deal / rare wheel?

Ha was only messing pal, generally for many years its Turini's and recommended springs etc only on here. The TD 1.2's are great and if the size of them dont bother you then job done. 15's will of course liven it up though. Depends how you drive too I guess.

To be honest I feel the same way about the 1.2's as a do the Turini's, I don't dislike them but they just wouldn't be my first choice if I was going out spending my hard earned on them.

Basically just bolt to hub spacers, but you get what you pay for and all that jazz. Probably better to get proper fitting ones to start with unless they are a good deal / rare wheel?

The ones I found on eBay just seem particularly cheap, but by the time the adapters are bought they don't seem such good value to be honest.
I'm just struggling with the idea of spending possibly half the cars value on a set of wheels, no matter how much I like the car (and I do like it).

Was your car white to start with or have you had it sprayed ?

1.2's are good wheels. Lay off the hate, appreciate.

Lol. I'm not hating, I don't dislike Turini's or 1.2's, I've just always preferred 5/6 spoke wheels.

I'm not saying there s**t or anything like that, it's all personal preference, I understand that. My preference just happens to be 5/6 spokes.

To be honest I feel the same way about the 1.2's as a do the Turini's, I don't dislike them but they just wouldn't be my first choice if I was going out spending my hard earned on them.

The ones I found on eBay just seem particularly cheap, but by the time the adapters are bought they don't seem such good value to be honest.
I'm just struggling with the idea of spending possibly half the cars value on a set of wheels, no matter how much I like the car (and I do like it).

Was your car white to start with or have you had it sprayed ?

Comp MO6's ?

153_3_z.jpg

Or if your on a really tight budget some Vauxhall Cesaros refurbished and no centre caps lol? They would be direct fit cheapo 15's

I assumed the other wheels came with adaptors, so in which case, keep searching and something else will pop up

The 172 Cup's only came in Blue and Silver, but mine was painted over ten years ago now. Complete white shell though, and I mean complete!

Comp MO6's ?

Or if your on a really tight budget some Vauxhall Cesaros refurbished and no centre caps lol? They would be direct fit cheapo 15's

I assumed the other wheels came with adaptors, so in which case, keep searching and something else will pop up

The 172 Cup's only came in Blue and Silver, but mine was painted over ten years ago now. Complete white shell though, and I mean complete!

Yep MO6's or MO5's, I like both equally as much. The ones I found on eBay where 6's.

Dont think I'd go for the Vauxhall wheels, if I'm gonna buy some it will be ones that I properly want. There was a set of Turinis on there for 300 which I was looking at but think I'd regret not spending a couple hundred more on the Comps.

Yours looks really good in white, different aswell. Did you have it painted or Previous owner ?

It would be refreshing to see one on Comps, haven't seen hardly any, and you'd get some cash for the ones you have for sure... !

Previous owner, not owned it that long lol (10 yrs ago), had it around 3-4 now and just can't think about selling it.. Much like @imprezaworks dilemma tbh

Looks great on Mo6's :smile:

1.jpg

:neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral: