ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 on the driveway

White was "uncool" for the masses since the early 90's then all of a sudden about 18 months ago every other Audi, Beemer etc on the road is white. For most it's a following of fashion IMO. Only suits some cars if you ask me.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Lol at all engines being run-in on a dyno. They're bolted together on a production line, then shipped off and slung in your car. They are run-in across the docks at 7000rpm from stone cold. Any damage is already done, and any bits of metal will be where they should be - in the oil filter. Running-in is for steers and queers.

FLOL so true.

AG 200
If the fekcers at the docks can rag a 200 from cold then they must know some secret button combo as the 200/197 is sh!te when cold, the Damn thing doesnt move for a couple of minutes yet alone allow for wrc style car park dashes when the engines a litlle parky. Having said that mine broke after 80miles with a destroyed cluch slave cylinder ;-(

AG 200
The 200 is miles better than my old 197 but I still need to leave the car idling for about 1+1/2 minutes before leaving work onto a busy stretch of road. After that time the revs drop to just under 1k and we are good to go, well good enough to drive 30/40mph. Still never give it the beans for a good 10 minutes though.

Nissan 350z
Everyone is ordering them in white, guess it's like Turini's follow the sheep mentality and everyone here will pat you on the back ;)

Nothing to do with being a sheep at all. When your ordering a cup and you have bits of black trim everywhere i dont think any other colour compliments it as much as in white. f**k paying £1200 for Green or Grey, that left a choice of White, Silver or Blue. I think the White combined with Black Speedlines makes the poverty spec more sutble :)

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
After being driven round silverstone in one on sunday by a proper driver i can quite happly say f**k the front end. Its an awseome car! If i was doing less miles id have one on the drive for sure. In white or hero grey with black speedlines. No other options for me.

182 Trophy
lol at slagging white off. its just like the turini thing, white may be a popular colour when you look on this site but day to day you dont see many 200's full stop, much less a constant stream of white ones!

pop over to a scooby forum and have a go at everybody with a blue one. you will be there all day

The blue's not so bad, when it comes to scoobs the usual crime is every knobhead going having a full on rally decal pack on what's usually a £2000 shed.

Clio 200/Jag x-type
lol at slagging white off. its just like the turini thing, white may be a popular colour when you look on this site but day to day you dont see many 200's full stop, much less a constant stream of white ones!

pop over to a scooby forum and have a go at everybody with a blue one. you will be there all day

Well said!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Completely agree with you washington, White is becoming more common for one reason.... PEOPLE LIKE WHITE. If you're going to spend £14/15/16k on a new car your going to choose the colour and spec that YOU want surely?

And really when your on the road its rare you run into another 200 anyway, let alone another white one. Besides I always kinda like bumping into another car just like mine on the road (which happens VERY rarely).

182 Trophy
also, congrats on the car mate. Looks lovely

how does the exhaust sound. not really heard one.

do they have that really subtle burble at idle?

Clio 200/Jag x-type
^

yeah just wasn't sure how upset you would be after choosing the wrong colour.

does it burble dammit?!?!?!

:)
Havn't really noticed, up until a couple of months ago I had a Impreza with around 300BHP and prodrive pack, even on idle you had to tie surrounding loose items down. it was like having a subwoofer adding to the soundtrack, so everything seems quite subtle since.

182 Trophy
Havn't really noticed, up until a couple of months ago I had a Impreza with around 300BHP and prodrive pack, even on idle you had to tie surrounding loose items down. it was like having a subwoofer adding to the soundtrack, so everything seems quite subtle since.

Oh yeah, just seen your title. DOH! Can you even tell the clio is running? lol