ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200

Clio 182
Hello All,

I'm about to upgrade from a Twingo Gt to a brand new Clio 200 under a PCP deal.

Once I own it I'm sure I'll become an active member on here but I'm hoping to have a bit of help from you guys before I buy it.

Firstly, I need a bit of help options wise. I'm stuck between the Cup and the FF. Only options I really want is Liquid Yellow and the Recaros in the front. I wouldn't mind the cruise control. But only if it saves fuel?

Firstly, I'm 19 with 1 years no claims bonus, although I'm a biker with a few more. Can anyone a similar age tell me there insurance and what company do the cheapest. I'm currently looking at quotes for £220 a month.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks very much

Patrick.

Listerine & Poledo
OK, first, get onto Confused.com and have a play on that, it'll takea few minutes but it'll be far more relevant to you than what people on here say it'll cost for you to be insured.

It will not be cheap though, you may reconsider things once you've been through it. The umbers aren't concrete, they do move a little when you ring up, but usually not by hundreds.

As for spec, you're going for what my favourite combo would be, although I'd also get the wings and skirts too. Ideally, I'd have the Full fat if I was spending the money.

Cruise control wont save you any fuel, and you'll be doing barely 30mpg anyway.

I got my 200 whe I was 20 with 1ncb and 3 accidents on record and it was under a grand.

That was with Admiral.

Oh and go for FF

From reports on here I would go FF, not Cup and if it was my money would also choose the Recaros, for all their wear issues they do look great.

Not sure I would want a Clio 200 if it was costing me £250-£300 on a PCP deal (that figure is a guess, depends on your deal) and £220 for insurance every month.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If I was you I'd also get ly ff with recaros :p but I'd get the cup spoiler, yellow id pack and standard wheels... Then whack some turinis on it :D

OK, first, get onto Confused.com and have a play on that, it'll takea few minutes but it'll be far more relevant to you than what people on here say it'll cost for you to be insured.

It will not be cheap though, you may reconsider things once you've been through it. The umbers aren't concrete, they do move a little when you ring up, but usually not by hundreds.

As for spec, you're going for what my favourite combo would be, although I'd also get the wings and skirts too. Ideally, I'd have the Full fat if I was spending the money.

Cruise control wont save you any fuel, and you'll be doing barely 30mpg anyway.

By wing do you mean cup spoiler?

Not trying to be anal but that confused me lol

I got my 200 whe I was 20 with 1ncb and 3 accidents on record and it was under a grand.

That was with Admiral.

Oh and go for FF

Eh!? I've only got two accidents and can't get it below 2k lol... I suppose the NCB makes the difference :( I'm 21

Listerine & Poledo
Yeah, cup spoiler.

is there a Cup racer kit like they had on the 197's too?

197's look naked without all the body adenda,

Clio 182
@Goodj I've been on gocompare for a while playing with bits and pieces. £220 a month is the best I can get so far, but I'm only looking at comprehensive. Brand new car I'm not going TP.
In regards to wings and skits. There things I can add later though right? I've been looking through the optional extras and I see the GT spoiler. Now I'm pretty sure that's not the one I want, I'm looking for the one that is slightly raised and separated from the car. Any ideas what this is, the cup spoiler?

@Adam and Daveski
Why the FF what more does it really give me for the extra cash? The Recaros wear issues, what are these? And finally the PCP deal. I'm going to be paying 150-175 a month with a £5.5k deposit (both my bike and car)

Again any info and advice is appreciated.

Listerine & Poledo
yep, cup spoiler should definately be on your list. the other stuff I'm not sure if it is for the 200, no doubt renault would tell you though. It can be added on later but if you're going to finance the thing anyway, may as well get it all on at the same time (then any issues are all theirs to deal with too!) :)

GTD, Lupo
I have had a Cup and im now in a FF, its pretty much night and day. The FF is such a nice place to be, deffo get recaros and dont listen to all the people that dont have them as they dont have a clue. The 200 recaros hardly wear like the 197 items did.

Cruise control to me uses more fuel but then again my second 200 has been worse on fuel than my first one.

Im old so i only pay £400 a year but as said just shop around am im sure you will find something better than £2k+.

Good luck with the car.

Hello.

Personally, i would go with the FF, thats what I did. For me, the cup lacked too much equipment. I know thats the point, but i use mine as a everyday car, which i assume you will also.

I would get the cup spoiler personally, the Recaros, Speedline alloys and the cornering headlights. As above, I've had mine for a year, done 10k+ miles and the seats look new still.

I paid £1300 at 20 with 3 years NCB and no points. This year, being 21 with my renewal in Feb, it looks to be about £800.

Pic of the cup spoiler for you -

5430717547_65ab4b3171_z.jpg

Meg 250/E36 Touring
The only things I would say are try to contact a few insurance companies direct rather than on comparison sites.

Admiral, Elephant and Direct line are in my experience pretty good with drivers under 25.

Also if you are planning to put in £5k ish deposit on a PCP, be very aware you won't get this money back at the end of the agreement as you are essentially buying yourself lower monthly payments.

If you are putting that much in, you would be better off going down 0% finance route. The on the road price will be higher (as less margin on 0%) however you won't pay interest and you'll own the car at the end.

PCP's generally work well (and were designed to work well) with a smaller deposit.

Personally I found the Cup to be poverty in side. Non adjustable steering wheel etc. And on my PCP the FF only added an extra £10 a month.

Eh!? I've only got two accidents and can't get it below 2k lol... I suppose the NCB makes the difference :( I'm 21

4 years done it for me. My new Audi costs me about £400 a year to insurance.

5413502624_583a270f1e_b.png

Clio 182
So the FF it is. Non adjustable steering is abit s**t, anything else the cup really lacks? And I'm assuming your all going to tell me the Cup Chassis is crucial? I dont think I'll ever do more than 2 trackways in it. Just to try it, mainly for B-road driving, I live in a very country road area.

@Jay can you tell me who your insured with mate?

I can't seem to get the insurance below 2.5k at the moment.

That cup spoiler properly finishes off the backend nicely.

Yea, its Bell mate. I go the quote from Admiral, and Bell matched it, being the same company.

Tbh, I wouldn't say the cup chassis is crucial. Especially on bumpy roads, it can be too hard. But you do get red callipers which look cool, plus a faster steering rack.

Btw, the standard 200 and cup packed 200 (200FF) have the adjustable steering. Its the 200 Cup model that doesn't.

I've not driven a non cupped chassis 200 though, so I might not be the best to answer the question.

A 200ff is a standard 200.

IIRC the cup doesnt have electric mirrors either or external temp sensor. Oh and it doesnt have push button start either lol.

Lotus Exige, 182
The only things I would say are try to contact a few insurance companies direct rather than on comparison sites.

Admiral, Elephant and Direct line are in my experience pretty good with drivers under 25.

Also if you are planning to put in £5k ish deposit on a PCP, be very aware you won't get this money back at the end of the agreement as you are essentially buying yourself lower monthly payments.

If you are putting that much in, you would be better off going down 0% finance route. The on the road price will be higher (as less margin on 0%) however you won't pay interest and you'll own the car at the end.

PCP's generally work well (and were designed to work well) with a smaller deposit

Excellent advice this.

RS200 & PH2 172
I've just ordered a clio renaultsport 200 with cup chassis and my personal opinion is the cup felt too bare for a daily drive, also i found it a bit loud on motorway travelling, both great fun to drive thou.

I've added the renaultsport monitor pack as my local dealer added it for free to seal the deal :)