ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car- Fiesta ST-Line

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I just got my new car today, a Fiesta ST-Line in Candy Red. The ST-Line replaces the Zetec-S, it has a few differences such as dark headlining, different seat fabric and comes with a 100ps, 125ps or 140ps 1.0 ecoboost. Mine is the 125ps version. It's also got the city pack which is parking sensors & folding mirrors and privacy glass.

I only took a couple of pics but the red looks really nice and contrasts nicely with the grey wheels. It's far nicer than the shitty Accord I had and it seems silent in comparison.
IMG_20160801_213929_zpsufdoqh6k.jpg

IMG_20160801_214002_zpsizu8vmql.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I miss my zetec s! It seemed to handle so well for what it was. Such a fun car.
I don't know why they've got rid of the zetec s name but hey ho.

I have a titanium 125ps and it's still good fun but just lacking in the corners.
Enjoy!!!!

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Nice mate, how does it compare to your old Metal?
It's got a few less toys because the Metal was specced up fully, this does have Sync2 though which is a lot better than the Sync1 in the metal. The voice commands etc are supposed to be much better. To drive it's not much different. Power delivery is a bit smoother as to get the best out of the metal you had to rev the tits off it. It seems like it would be easy to forget it's only a 1 litre engine.
ST line...

Who would go for the 140 over the normal 180 ST? They taking a leaf out of Renaults book by diluting the brand beyond confusion...?
This just replaces the Zetec S I think they are going for more consistency, ST-Line then ST then RS. I don't know why you would get the 140ps version myself, the 0-60 is about 0.5 secs faster than my car ad it costs £20 a year to tax rather than £0.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I like it, nice colour.
Cheers, it should look really nice in the sun. It's been really cloudy since I got it though.
Nice little car but what a stupid f**king name.

'Line' seems to be the 'in' model name for every manufacturer now. Stupid.
It does seem to be the 'in' thing doesn't it as Vauxhall have the VX Line too. I think all the models in the Ford range will eventually get an ST-Line variant.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I like it, although I agree about the name being misleadingly gay. Nice car though, perfect daily.
Yeah they shouldv'e just shortened Zetec S to ZS then the sporty models would all have 2 letter designations with an S in them (ZS/ST/RS). It does seem perfect for a daily so far, fast enough but not 'fast', cheap to insure, good MPG etc.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
There's nothing wrong with SYNC1 once you get the hang of it...I just like there fact that when you talk to SYNC2 it shows command options on the screen as you speak so you can see exactly what works and what doesn't. That and the album artwork which is nice to see.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I'll get some better pics of the colour if the sun ever makes an appearance again this year.

I just got my new car today, a Fiesta ST-Line in Candy Red. The ST-Line replaces the Zetec-S, it has a few differences such as dark headlining, different seat fabric and comes with a 100ps, 125ps or 140ps 1.0 ecoboost. Mine is the 125ps version. It's also got the city pack which is parking sensors & folding mirrors and privacy glass.

Hey Mork,

Just wondering - how's it going with the Fiesta? I'm considering the 140 model as a lease but am not sure about how close the 'real world' mpg will be to the claimed mpg in the brochure. I saw Top Gear reckoned the 140 got 43-47ish mpg when they were testing it, which is not quite the 60+ the brochure claims!

My commute will be about 100 miles a day so decent mpg but a bit of power would be nice... everything else is one of those terrible 1.0 granny-carriers, like the Nissan Note or one of the Citroen C1 variants, and I don't really fancy being basically maxed out at 80 on the motorway...

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Get the 125hp variant then. I've not driven the 140 yet myself, but the 125 is plenty of power for what you want it for.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The 125ps was plenty enough poke. My average was 44mpg over 18 month in mine, mixed driving but with a long commute on the motorway I imagine it would be higher than that.

Get the 125hp variant then. I've not driven the 140 yet myself, but the 125 is plenty of power for what you want it for.

The 125ps was plenty enough poke. My average was 44mpg over 18 month in mine, mixed driving but with a long commute on the motorway I imagine it would be higher than that.

Many thanks for the feedback, chaps, that's really useful :up:

44mpg is decidedly better than the 30-35 I get in the current car so that's good to know - I wonder how close I'd get to it as I don't hang around on the motorway :tonguewink: lol

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
If it helps, when I go on a drive to Aberystwyth on the weekends I can get 50-56mpg from the 125hp. That's with driving to the speed limits etc.
There's also an eco button on the 125hp too now, might be on the 140 as well but not on the 100. That helps

Not a 320d
ST line...

Who would go for the 140 over the normal 180 ST? They taking a leaf out of Renaults book by diluting the brand beyond confusion...?

Might fit someone's absolute or desired budget for monthly running costs. Looks. Preference. Might be saving up for something. Who knows. I ran a MK3 GT Clio rather than a 197/200 because as a 20 year old student earning £620 a month the bigger engine, consumables, tax and fuel economy would have eaten into a limited monthly income that I would have sooner spent on beer for example. Looking back I am glad I didn't run the 197/200.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The missus keeps mentioning this fiesta, looks nice and should keep running costs down compared to the ST.. Maybe sometime in the new year I guess. Is there a 5 door version?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
These are making great cheap leases at the moment, minuscule costs are tempting to run as a daily. Shame the interior is so dated! Only thing that puts me off.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Pretty sure the 100, 125 and 140 versions are all exactly the same, just mapped to reduce power. Therefore mpg should be exactly the same under the same conditions and driving style.

I know my wife's 150 bhp C-Max is detuned from the 180 bhp version. It just looses power from about 4 to 4.5k revs

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Thought that was an American only thing?

It was, not any more though.

I had a ride in a 125PS 1.0 EcoBoost recently that had the MR165 kit fitted to it.

F***ing hilarious little thing! Mad to think that it had the same (almost) power and a sh*tload more torque than my old 2.5 V6 Mondeo. From a 3 cylinder 1.0 litre. Madness.

It actually felt about as quick as a standard ST does...which isn't surprising considering it has just about the same torque.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Hey Mork,

Just wondering - how's it going with the Fiesta? I'm considering the 140 model as a lease but am not sure about how close the 'real world' mpg will be to the claimed mpg in the brochure. I saw Top Gear reckoned the 140 got 43-47ish mpg when they were testing it, which is not quite the 60+ the brochure claims!

My commute will be about 100 miles a day so decent mpg but a bit of power would be nice... everything else is one of those terrible 1.0 granny-carriers, like the Nissan Note or one of the Citroen C1 variants, and I don't really fancy being basically maxed out at 80 on the motorway...
Hey, just saw this, it's going great. The MPG is nowhere near the claimed 60+, I do mostly city driving and I don't drive for economy and I'm getting around 40mpg average.

As has been said the 125ps version should be fine, there's around a 0.5 seconds to 60 difference but the 140ps version isn't free to tax so I don't see the appeal outside bragging rights. I think the eco button turns the power down to 100ps and tells you to change gear sooner etc.
The ST Line is a great little car if you want something sporty without going for the full fat ST.

PH2 172
Marker.
3 litre Capri was the launch car.
If you bought the 1300 base model,your dumb neirbours didn`t see the diference.
Can`t be bothered to correct the spelling

Hey, just saw this, it's going great. The MPG is nowhere near the claimed 60+, I do mostly city driving and I don't drive for economy and I'm getting around 40mpg average.

As has been said the 125ps version should be fine, there's around a 0.5 seconds to 60 difference but the 140ps version isn't free to tax so I don't see the appeal outside bragging rights. I think the eco button turns the power down to 100ps and tells you to change gear sooner etc.
The ST Line is a great little car if you want something sporty without going for the full fat ST.

If it helps, when I go on a drive to Aberystwyth on the weekends I can get 50-56mpg from the 125hp. That's with driving to the speed limits etc.
There's also an eco button on the 125hp too now, might be on the 140 as well but not on the 100. That helps

Cheers for the feedback! :smile:
40mpg isn't amazing lol but is not bad if you're driving 'spiritedly'... :wink:
If it's possible to get 50mpg with some sensible driving, that is good!

I like the sound of the 165bhp version but, as above, I wonder how stressed it is... Reckon they'd notice if a lease was blu-finned or remapped? lol

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I genuinely think, if you was to get in a 125hp Zetec s you'll realise they are great fun. Granted more power is always nice. But the way the car handles etc more than makes up for that. Take one for a test drive.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think the ST is to hard for everyday roads.

Something softer would be so much fun and I think faster.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
It's not fast by any means compared to an ST or a 'proper' hot hatch, but it's quick enough and it's great fun on country lanes etc. It took me a while to adjust to the lack of torque compared to my old 2.2 cdti Accord though.

You really do forget it's a 1.0 engine and the 3 cylinder lump makes a nice sound when thrashed.

Last edited:
Lack of torque + soft but good handling = carrying lots of speed through good planning, which I am fine with :D

I genuinely think, if you was to get in a 125hp Zetec s you'll realise they are great fun. Granted more power is always nice. But the way the car handles etc more than makes up for that. Take one for a test drive.

I think you may be right - I'm pretty free this weekend so am going to see if I can go for a spin :)

The other option for me is looking like a 0.9 Turbo or 1.0 N/A Smart FourTwo - a couple of offers I've seen work out at about £104/month over two years, which is super-cheap... I'm just not sure how good they are to drive, I'm quite sure they're not as good as the Fiesta! lol

Listerine & Poledo
ST line...

Why bother building any other cars than a GT40? I mean, come on.
Renault are thinking the same as you and are just going to scrap all their model line besides the R.S.0.1. because, like you said, why would anyone want to buy anything else? Seriously.
Vauxhall now only do Monaros.
Other than the 760iL, BMW can't be bothered any more either.

I mean, if you can't afford, or don't want to run a V8 twin turbo 8-tonne luxobarge, what are you even doing on the road?

@mace¬

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I do wonder how long a 165bhp 1.0 engine will last before it goes pop though!

I like the sound of the 165bhp version but, as above, I wonder how stressed it is...

They're not in a massively higher state of tune than a current Golf R/GTi Clubsport or Civic Type R - both give well over 300bhp from 2 litres versus the EcoBoost giving half that from 1 litre.

In fact the FPM375 Focus RS is fully warranted by Ford at an almost identical state of tune from a 2.3.