ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member hello!

Evening everyone, thought I'd just say a quick hello now I'm a fully paid up member! My name is Andrew, I'm from near Swindon in Wiltshire and I fly aeroplanes for a living in the RAF. I'm a family man in my mid 30s, so getting on a bit compared to most on here! I'm a regular on PistonHeads but have been lurking for a while on here and now that I'm doing more of my own work and maintenance on the car I figured it was time to pay up!

My car is a Phase 2 172 in boring silver but it's a great car, only 53k miles on the clock and in fantastic condition. I've owned it for just over a year and it's my daily drive to get to work and back. It's currently on axle stands on the drive as the wheels are off for a refurb and 4 new tyres. I've also today done an oil change, replaced the rear shocks and earlier this week the car had a cam belt and aux belt change, brake fluid change and new exhaust mounts - it's been an expensive week! Quick piccy, although I know you know what a 172 looks like though :eek:

xvW8TWUp.jpg

Our main car is an Octavia VRS for lugging our two small kids about but my weekend toy and track day car is a Caterham 7 Superlight. Part of the reason for buying the Clio was to make sure I could afford the Seven. The spec is pretty good, it's running just over 180bhp from a fully forged screaming 1.8 K Series on throttle bodies, has carbon wings, dash, and nosecone, an LSD, decent adjustable suspension and the fantastic Caterham 6 speed 'box. It's brutally fast and capable and great fun to thrash on a quiet road. The windscreen and doors are now gone too and I'm now just running a carbon aeroscreen for a more extreme time. This image was taken at Castle Combe back in March this year.

IMG_5130.jpg

Anyway, forgive the essay, I look forward to asking some proper bone questions to you all soon ;)

Andrew