ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New RenaultSport Megane info....

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Comments on that article seem to suggest these are just photoshops of what could be?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I quite like that. It doesn't suggest what the engine could be though unless I missed it? Is the 2ltr turbo going to be replaced with a smaller turbo engine like most hot hatches now?

I like it a lot.

IMG_0116.jpg

If that info is true, i can see it being a hit again. Please Renault, don't mess the launch up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It certainly seems like the C-segment 3dr hatch is coming to the end of it's life. I wonder if the next Astra VXR will still be a three door.

I reserve judgement on this. If they don't do a manual option, I think they will fall foul of the wrath of enthusiasts, like they did with the Clio 4. People want manual RS cars.

It certainly seems like the C-segment 3dr hatch is coming to the end of it's life. I wonder if the next Astra VXR will still be a three door.

I reserve judgement on this. If they don't do a manual option, I think they will fall foul of the wrath of enthusiasts, like they did with the Clio 4. People want manual RS cars.

I think so to, although 5dr doesn't bother me in the slightest as long as it's designed to be a 5dr in the first place.

I've read on VXRonline that there's no plans for a VXR variant on the current Astra which is 5dr only, but we'll see, there's an SRi but that's not really very Hot, more Warm. I'am hoping there will be as you can't have enough Hot Hatches!

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
I think it could be brilliant, hopefully renault don't scare buyers off with lack of test drives and no manual etc again.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I like the looks but if there is going to be 3 models I hope that's the sport and not the trophy one. 4 doors hasnt hurt focus rs sales and if renaultsport don't f**k it up there's no reason the megane should flop because of 2 extra doors. Look forward to some real info soon.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That car is proper basic and budget. Doesnt look sporty in any way, and looks like a mundane family school run car.

Looks very Kia-esque.

Clio 197
That car is proper basic and budget. Doesnt look sporty in any way, and looks like a mundane family school run car.

Looks very Kia-esque.
Agreed. It's almost as if Renault are ashamed to make the car a little loud and stand out. Change the colour of the LY car and you wouldn't give it a second look. I guess they care more about having a wider range of potential customers these days. I've never liked the looks of any Megane tbh

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, lets hope they can make it sound nice too unlike a lot of the new turbo hatches. Shame about this move towards only 5 doors too.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Why are all renaultsport cars going 5 door [emoji19]

Seen these photos the other day of the test car they've took to the Nurburgring, looks s**t imo

cb401023ca0f403f77c6f7efc4c55c79.jpg

9394b3590c6b0f5f40bd750c8ddca40f.jpg