ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Cup Lump

172 cup
wow just read threw all this, and I only just had my bloody inlets matched lol. But still price dependant im interested

what sort of filter system is being looked at on this by the way?

Filtration is by ITG - either open element ITG cone filter located behind the headlight or an enclosed ITG Aluminium airbox at additional cost.

Due to its location though the open element filter should be fine in terms of flow and temperature and should provide some good audiable acompanyment as well as it will be quite close to the throttle body!

Cheers
M

172 cup
sounds good, dying for an idea of price. You going to sell the kits out (obviously customer would have to get mapped elsewhere) or are you keeping it all in house?

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
So is the cone filter included in the kit then?

Also, guessing this means battery re-location?

Yep kit will include air filter, loom extension kit, manifold, fasteners etc. etc. basicaly everything required to bolt it on. Battery can remain in standard position or be moved to the boot/replaced with a smaller race battery - entirely your choice.

Kits will be supplied direct or they can be fitted at AWT if required.

Cheers
M

Clio 182
Can't wait for more details regarding this, sounds like a great modification.

Looking forward to seeing photos and vids aswell :)

Laters, Donut

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
I have a plan! We should run a competition. Name the price, £5 to enter closest gets the kit for free and the entry fees go to charity! Admitedly i have no authority to sugest this and am blatently just trying to give myself a chance of getting it all for free but it does sound like a great idea to me! Worth a shot anyway.....

Price will be announced as soon as the prototype testing is complete. At this point we can sign off the component list and BOM. Until then I'm not going to publicaly state a price as this may change - okay only be a few percent if at all but any data I put in the public domain regarding this kit will be 100% accurate. Sure you guys understand and it really won't be long now until all data is up and available for you to digest.

Cheers
M

172 cup
can understand the price fitted, and rolling road remap being in the 1k barrier, but not for the kit alone

Cro

Meg'd r27
For plug and play, all top quality parts, loom extensions etc etc plus filter will be over 1k easy. Why would it be so much different from the ITB price (take away the standalone) and thats 2k. Developing and producing manifolds isn't cheap I imagine

How about people just stop speculating on price?

From everything that Icarus has said on here and to me in person, this is going to be an amazing product offering excellent gains per £ spent.

Seriously chaps all will be made clear ASAP. I see no point in providing you with guesses or expectations as these only ever cause confusion.

As said this will be the best 'bang per buck' modification for the 1*2 available anywhere and solid, proven figures will be released as soon as possible.

Regarding complexity I think many assume this is just an slaped together bit of kit - this is a pro-motorsport level product in terms of development and build. Ask youself this how many others have built a completely 0KM spec engine just for development testing to ensure that the cylinder head, valve seats, valves etc. are as per Renault standard and as such the results are directly comparible to the original engine development data?

Full details ASAP but until then I won't post speculation as it really doesn't help anyone. A section on the website will be available shortly which details development so far and information on the kit will be available to those who have registered interest. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Cheers
M

VaVa
A new inlet manifold, put simply. Although that doesn't really do it justice lol.

Still utilising the standard throttle body, loom, ECU etc.

basically an aftermarket intake and inlet manifold system that will rival ITBs but do things ITBs cant do - run without an aftermarket ECU

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
OOI are we expecting low down torque gains as well?

Last edited:
OOI are expecting low down torque gains as well?

Packaging constraints limits the trumpet length that we can run - but until the manifold kit has completed testing on the development engine I can't say what torque gains will be present where as it will just guessing. The flow and velocity gains are pretty major so it will be interesting to see the torque curve! Obviously at post 4.5K RPM torque will be a fair whack more than standard. You'll have to wait for us to get it on the dyno though for figures I'm afraid :D

Cheers
M

Bring on the trumpets!

I hope we get ITB'esque engine noise ;)

We used fabricated alloy plenums on the BTCC development stuff - only switching to the CF plenums on the actual car for weigh saving and bling. It's safe to say with a fairly open air filter mounted very close to the throttle butterfly with a comparatively (to cast items) thin wall aluminium plenum surrounding 4 fairly large air horns they certainly had a noticeable induction note ;-)

Cheers
M

Octavia vRS tfsi
Wow, just read through all this now. Certainly something I will be watching with considerable interest, the price especially!

Focus RS mk1
looks like icarus could be going down in clio history if this pulls off and set to make alot of money, hope it all works out this will make alot of clio owners very happy including me im interested in this if the price is good