ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Cup Lump

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
pffft priorities tbh. I'll be buying this as soon as it comes out and then thinking about holidays. Needless to say, the girlfriend isnt impressed.

Will it have to be removed for oil filter changes ?

Nope, air filter off and in from the side or two bolts and let the undertray drop enough to get in there.

If you do want to remove it for any reason it is fully o-ring sealed hence no gaskets to replace or similar. Just bolt on/bolt off as required. O-Ring sealing for induction systems is used extensively on endurance race cars and in various OEM applications as if done properly it ensures a perfect seal again and again with no risk of gaskets being incorrectly installed, pinched etc.

Cheers
M

185lb/ft dCi
sounds like you have put some great work in to this system, i look forward to seeing the final product!

So does that mean the DBW version will have a slight advatage? (for a change)
Or wont be that noticable?

DBW has always had an advantage - it's just that most don't understand it. DBW allows much tighter control of transient throttle conditions, much more controlled torque reduction for Traction control etc. etc.

The fact you can't snap one open like you can a cable body is not a disadvantage!

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

Crikey, this really does sound like a serious piece of kit.

Thank god for page 4 of this thread. Up to now i was under the impression this was simply a bolt on plenum onto the existing inlet as per mini valvers design :eek:

Existing inlet?? Behave!!

Orignal lower half...
Matchedandcleaned.jpg

Mine....
GetAttachment7.jpg

GetAttachment6.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0043.jpg

Whatever happens with pricing on these F4R ones, they will be bank with there money. How can someone say that it should be under a grand when they work in a post office and have no idea how things are designed, tested and made. People are morons, lol.

VaVa
roffle @ morons. I could knock one of those up in my shed tbh ;)

Depending on final figures of course, but if it's less than 2k it'll still be the best pound for power modification. It's a gap in the market too imho.

It sits inbetween the usual bolt ons of exhaust/decat/filter etc and the more major work of ITB's/Turbo etc.

Recaro'd 182
mini-valver where did you get that setup made up? looks really good. Any pics of the engine bay? what bhp you getting out of that? and have you uprated cams?

mini-valver where did you get that setup made up? looks really good. Any pics of the engine bay? what bhp you getting out of that? and have you uprated cams?

Mini-Valvers setup was by Ben at AWT - essentialy it's the forerunner to the F4R setup Ben and I are working on now.

Mini's engine with that inlet and some very mild cams was generating circa 100bhp/litre specific output. Which gives you some idea of the area we're aiming for with the F4R manifold.

Regarding price it'll be a lot, lot less than the £2K Laingo mentioned..... we're engineers not coke dealers ;)

Cheers
M

172 5HED
Mini-Valvers setup was by Ben at AWT - essentialy it's the forerunner to the F4R setup Ben and I are working on now.

Mini's engine with that inlet and some very mild cams was generating circa 100bhp/litre specific output. Which gives you some idea of the area we're aiming for with the F4R manifold.

Regarding price it'll be a lot, lot less than the £2K Laingo mentioned..... we're engineers not coke dealers ;)

Cheers
M

And mine????? :D:D:D:D:D:eek:

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE

Cheers
M

Is it wrong to get excited about this news?:eek:

Whatever happens with pricing on these F4R ones, they will be bank with there money. How can someone say that it should be under a grand when they work in a post office and have no idea how things are designed, tested and made. People are morons, lol.

dave i just knocked one of those up by using some tracing paper on my screen. pish tbh.

jamie

Chaps - if the 197 setup looks like a go-er then we'll need a standard car and a car with a set of cams just like we have done with the 73X engine package. As such we'll call you ;-)

73X is the priority at the moment though and once completed we'll look at 197 setups. One project at a time LOL

Cheers
M

172 5HED
Chaps - if the 197 setup looks like a go-er then we'll need a standard car and a car with a set of cams just like we have done with the 73X engine package. As such we'll call you ;-)

73X is the priority at the moment though and once completed we'll look at 197 setups. One project at a time LOL

Cheers
M

love you :eek::eek:

the airfield? i'm game :D details :) prob best to pm me as we are starting to spam several threads with our flirting :eek:

either that or the eat lancs at either dawn or high noon for effect. Your call

172 5HED
the airfield? i'm game :D details :) prob best to pm me as we are starting to spam several threads with our flirting :eek:

either that or the eat lancs at either dawn or high noon for effect. Your call

Yeah I have to stop myself talking rude on these........:eek::eek:

Will sort a date with Matt!! ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm so glad mines standard and I haven't started playing with it :)

Well apart from an RS Tuner - Send me the new .cal - I'll do it myself ;)