ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Cup Lump

Ph1
Crikey, this really does sound like a serious piece of kit.

Thank god for page 4 of this thread. Up to now i was under the impression this was simply a bolt on plenum onto the existing inlet as per mini valvers design :eek:

Mini valvers wasnt a bolt on jobbie, it was a complete new cnc manufactuered piece!

The manifold will be everything that anybody needs quite simply, and ironically, I've only been recommending it to customers for the last 2 years. It just took Icarus with the getup and go to do it!

Ph1
This wont be far off TB performance im guessing? so added to those already running cam packages and other bolt on's could this be pretty near to needing uprated injectors for this group?

Yes, its most certainly going to be required for people pushing the limits with other modifications. However injector options now are cheap.

Indeed Megane 225 spec injectors are cheap as chips even from Renault, they have a very stable spray pattern even at low duty cycles and provide sufficent fuel for 300bhp+ They are also a straight swap for the standard injectors.

Cheers
M

It's further up the thread a couple of times Riley!

Prototype is in build now, fresh development/test engine is going into the car week commencing 16th March, cal validated and complete circa 20th March, Order book open and first batch in production circa 24th March for delivery ASAP after that date.

Cheers
M

As said earlier in the thread, pics, info and full spec released to the public domain once the prototype is finished and tested.

Cheers
M

lol, I wont even bother taking out the camera until its done.

Its all here infront of me, just did a flow test of it vs's a bare head and it only looses out 1.5% flow peak...........complete ITB's loose more than that!

RS RIP
well i'll have one when it gets me the power i'm running at the fly now (around 195) ; but then AT THE WHEELS ! (proven at my Dyno rollers here in the low lands ofcourse :) )

When already running aftermarket cams it will most definately need other injectors , or did i misread ?

How have you done testing so far on your engine ? With 172 stock ones or bigger ones ?

It depends entirely on the cams you are running as to if you require larger injectors or not.

As per 6 posts up ;-) Prototype is in build now, fresh development/test engine is going into the car week commencing 16th March, cal validated and complete circa 20th March, Order book open and first batch in production circa 24th March for delivery ASAP after that date.

Once testing is complete full details and info will be made public which will include if/when you need larger injectors.

Cheers
M

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Sorry I dont quite understand. So are you saying that...

Prototype is in build now, fresh development/test engine is going into the car week commencing 16th March, cal validated and complete circa 20th March, Order book open and first batch in production circa 24th March for delivery ASAP after that date.

Would be great if you could confirm.

NO NO NO!

You've got it all wrong.

Yep that's correct. Prototype is in build now, fresh development/test engine is going into the car week commencing 16th March, cal validated and complete circa 20th March, Order book open and first batch in production circa 24th March for delivery ASAP after that date. :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

Cheers
M

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
is it a fairly compact design (i know thats hard to answer on a forum lmao)

ie is there still a fair bit of room between the new inlet and the rad etc?

hopefully it will cram into the mk1 engine bay :evil:

is it a fairly compact design (i know thats hard to answer on a forum lmao)

ie is there still a fair bit of room between the new inlet and the rad etc?

hopefully it will cram into the mk1 engine bay :evil:

Its tight..............very tight, but it fits with enough space for engine movement.

I wouldnt of thought mk1 clio application was any tighter.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
there's only one way to find out :D

my battery is in the boot so thats no issue, im thinking more of space for an air filter etc towards the front of the bay

time will tell i suppose

Its tight..............very tight, but it fits with enough space for engine movement.

I wouldnt of thought mk1 clio application was any tighter.

Yep we have used every single bit of available space to get the longest trumpet length and biggest plenum volume possible :D

Cheers
M

Exotica/MK1 Astra
I'm not asking you to declare figures etc but have you run any yet?
Does it really have less flow loss than ITB's through 1 single throttle body?
Is it really going to get close to throttle bodie performance?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
So is this going to be a bolt on bolt off mod or is there more to it than that?

Is it just lake changing the upper plenum?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
C'mon peeps... if you're so interested in what potentially could be a great bonus for us Clio owners then please take the time to read through at least some of the earlier posts in the thread... gets a bit boring reading the same stuff over and over and I'm sure Ben and Icarus are typing the same replies in their sleep now... :rasp::D

Interesting project/research and development going on. Good luck with it guys. I watch with interest...

I'm not asking you to declare figures etc but have you run any yet?
Does it really have less flow loss than ITB's through 1 single throttle body?
Is it really going to get close to throttle bodie performance?

Extremely similar setups have been run on various S2000 spec engine packages in BTCC, WTCC and WRC for the past two years. As stated earlier in the thread the development engine is going in the car on week commencing 16th March. Flow bench testing has been performed vs Jenvey and ATP ITB setups and vs the standard inlet manifold.

Not sure if you understand exactly what flow loss is but put simply there is no throttle butterfly and spindle in the middle of the port 100mm from the valve back hence there is more port area available and no turbulance from crossing the butterfly so lower flow losses. Single Vs individual TB isn't quite so clear cut as the plenum damps/removes flow disruption/turbulance from crossing the butterfly before it reaches the air horn entry.

To give some idea of the performance capabilities of a single throttle body setup in 1999 Ford were making around 300bhp from the BTCC Mondeo with a 2 litre V6 featuring port throttles (i.e. ITB's). In 2009 Arena are generating power outputs very, very close to that figure with a single throttle body per port air horn setup. The only trade off is throttle response however by careful plenum sizing this trade off can be minimised and with a DBW throttle which opens at a controlled rate to it is reduced further.

Cheers
M

So is this going to be a bolt on bolt off mod or is there more to it than that?

Is it just lake changing the upper plenum?

No its like changing both the upper and lower plenum. It completely replaces the entire standard inlet system from the cylinder head to the air filter.

For all intense and purpose it is bolt on and fitting time will be circa 3 hours.

Cheers
M

172 Race Car
The only trade off is throttle response however by careful plenum sizing this trade off can be minimised and with a DBW throttle which opens at a controlled rate to it is reduced further.

Cheers
M
So does that mean the DBW version will have a slight advatage? (for a change)
Or wont be that noticable?

182 cup
Mini valvers wasnt a bolt on jobbie, it was a complete new cnc manufactuered piece!

The manifold will be everything that anybody needs quite simply, and ironically, I've only been recommending it to customers for the last 2 years. It just took Icarus with the getup and go to do it!

Can you and paul hand the supercharger over to Mr Icarus.:banghead: