ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 30th May - 3rd June 2013

LY Megane R26
Just ordered Breathalysers and a GB sticker.
Everyone bothering with the headlight projectors? They make such a mess when you remove them!

Also still can't find breakdown for less than £50. Axa wanted £25 but aswell as I clicked the modded button they didn't want to quote me after that!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I've been 6 Times and never bothered doing headlights. Really hard to do on xenons anyways

SQ5
I have breakdown so should be able to wangle it if anyone does plus Dan has a towing bar.

I'm not worrying about headlight deflectors as they make a mess, will rarely have lights on!

im definatly saving for next year. Not sure id go in my car though lol how much does it cost for a passanger i anyone wanted me

COME COME COME!

I have breakdown so should be able to wangle it if anyone does plus Dan has a towing bar.

I'm not worrying about headlight deflectors as they make a mess, will rarely have lights on!

Danny i dont have a towing bar!!! ive told you this so many times but i wont bother with breakdown cover in that case ha

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Pain in the arse when a car gets over 10 years old for breakdown cover. Over double the price. Mine will be 10 next year :(
3 weeks today I'll be lapping the ring. Can't wait!

LY Megane R26
I noticed that! Click 10 years its like £25-30, click 11 years and it doubles!

Just bought new spark plugs from G 172 and will take the old ones as spare. Last night got a new offside caliper, GB sticker and Breathalysers. Pointless as not in France very long and think that's the only place they are compulsory?
The breathalysers that is?

Will get Hi-Vi from work, need to order a new V5 which is £25! Will have a real search tonight if no
no hope order a new one.

Will need to fit this new caliper and bleed the brakes. Reason for change is before the bleed nipple sheered, drilled and re tapped the whole but don't trust it 100% anand not if I want to bleed them!

Last edited:

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Just let my insurance company know I'm going abroad. Worth checking your policy as some state your only 3rd party unless you let them know

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Nope.

Me and a mate decided we were going to the ring and he set me the challenge of beating him for £2500 (spend on car). At the moment I'm £2000 into it after cams, aux etc still in need of shocks, exhaust and springs. Going to be tight!

I dont think I'm going to "race" though. Will save that for llandlow. Just want to experience what I've been dreaming about for years in a car that handles well!! Also, dont want to take out the infamous barriers!!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
No, not worth going full on like you would on a trackday. Could get expensive.
If you want to come out in mine as a passenger your more than welcome, just to give you an idea of the track.
I'm reasonably quick round it and have done around 80 laps so know where I'm going lol

banther

ClioSport Club Member
No, not worth going full on like you would on a trackday. Could get expensive.
If you want to come out in mine as a passenger your more than welcome, just to give you an idea of the track.
I'm reasonably quick round it and have done around 80 laps so know where I'm going lol

That would be immense!! WOuld be really up for that :)

​I'll PM you closer the time and we can arrange. 80 laps = £££!!!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
That is over 6 trips in 5 years in 3 dif cars lol.
The Clio is the most fun round there though.
Planning 25 laps this trip so plenty of tracktime for people to jump in

SQ5
Isn't Friday and Sunday Full days or is Friday half and Sunday full?

I know Saturday is a race day.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Thurs Fri and Sunday are full days. Evening Sat after the racing. But if it's anything like the after the Vln I wouldn't bother going out sat eve.
I did it last Sept. Track opened. Went out, was mentally busy with people that didn't know what they were doing and then it closed and never opened again. 15 mins it was open for LOL

pimp mobile Zafira
Im so gutted that i cant make it this year chaps. Next year with any luck ill be there. Cant wait to see the pics.

SQ5
Thurs Fri and Sunday are full days. Evening Sat after the racing. But if it's anything like the after the Vln I wouldn't bother going out sat eve.
I did it last Sept. Track opened. Went out, was mentally busy with people that didn't know what they were doing and then it closed and never opened again. 15 mins it was open for LOL

Lol. Saturday is our chill out day, will hire bikes hopefully. Where is the place you suggested?

Im so gutted that i cant make it this year chaps. Next year with any luck ill be there. Cant wait to see the pics.

How come dude? Thought you were coming for a couple days?

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Whats happening with the stickers danny?

​Have to say im in holiday mood already at work, Cannot wait to go!

Cossie, 182FF, A3
Hi guys

New to this clio ownership.

I bought my 182 a couple of months ago for a trip to the ring!

Looks like I will be out there the same time as you guys. I'm driving over on the 30th stopping at the motorsport hotel through to Sunday.

A first trip and counting down the days.

There are four cars in my group going over on the tunnel.

We are all currently getting our cars sorted and ready. I'm just deciding what to do about tyres. Iv got conti premiums on the back which should be fine, its the nankangs on the front that are my concern.

I have been watching the thread develop and been meaning to say hi and will keep you up to date with my preparations.

Cheers

SQ5
Checklist if anyone wants one.

Jack
Axle stands
Tools

Passport
Driving Licence (both parts)
Wednesday night Hotel reference
Ferry Reference
Money
Stickers
V5
MOT
Insurance
Hi Vis
Triangle
Breathalysers
GB Stickers
Headlight Deflectors

Clothes
Tent
Sleeping bag
Bed

Spares
Spare fluids

Food

Anything else major we need?

Did we say Bury Tesco at 5 then Fourwentways for Scott about 545?

SQ5
Knew I'd forget something!

We did that last year, I went to work, packed then left, to then sleep the next night in the tent. That was a long day, hence the hotel this time as it'll mean less fluids to drink to keep us up resulting in less piss stops!

Dan did we say your bringing yours or Bens satnav? I don't mind having it in my car and leading if so?