ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring 2013 - CS EoE Annual Trip - 30th May - 3rd June 2013

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Right. I should be coming along too this. Hopefully me and a passenger.

Now I have never been before and never even looked into going. So I need alot
of help. Could someone be kind enough too plan and tick the appropriate boxes on bookin the ferry, so I can just upload the link and pay without worrying about what I have too cclick on. Make sense? Does the cost rise for a passenger? Sorry boys I just hhave no idea at all.

Can we please confirm the dates of us going. FFrom what I can tell its Wednesday too Monday? Actual dates though please. Need It too be correct as my boss wants too know ASAP.

Do I contact my insurance saying I'm going abroad? I'm covered anyway but do i just tell them?

Cant think of anything else ATM but I'm sure I wwill soon. Again, sorry for being a noob, never bbeen abroad before so a whole new experience.

Ps, Is it going too be warm?

Josh.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
You can go either wednesday or thurs. Im going wed with a couple of others as it means a full day extra on track as its open all day thurs. dont mind if you tag along with us.
Theres camping or hotel for 27 euros a night per person with breakfast if you dont fancy camping.
Hopefully be warm. was 28 degrees at the same time last year, Ive never had bad weather in may.
Ferry is the same price with passenger.
Id contact your insurance just to let them know.
Anything you need to know about the ring or costs etc drop me a pm, Ive been 6 times and done 80 ish laps so know most things

SQ5
Right. I should be coming along too this. Hopefully me and a passenger.

Now I have never been before and never even looked into going. So I need alot
of help. Could someone be kind enough too plan and tick the appropriate boxes on bookin the ferry, so I can just upload the link and pay without worrying about what I have too cclick on. Make sense? Does the cost rise for a passenger? Sorry boys I just hhave no idea at all.

Can we please confirm the dates of us going. FFrom what I can tell its Wednesday too Monday? Actual dates though please. Need It too be correct as my boss wants too know ASAP.

Do I contact my insurance saying I'm going abroad? I'm covered anyway but do i just tell them?

Cant think of anything else ATM but I'm sure I wwill soon. Again, sorry for being a noob, never bbeen abroad before so a whole new experience.

Ps, Is it going too be warm?

Josh.

You can't actually click the right bits, but on the last page I made it fairly straight forward of what you need to do!

Correct dates are the title of this thread for Thursday-Monday, or Breamy's dates which are a day before.

Cost is per car I believe, they just want names.

You will need to let them know, you don't have to but it will make things easier if anything happens.

Last year it was in the very high 20's.

LY Megane R26
Sorry if its been covered but you thinking of staying in an hotel the night before the ferry so no early drive down?

SQ5
Yes, it's about 25-30 quid a room. Probably meet about 5/6 and drive down in the evening and try get a few hours kip!

Ph1 T
The price on the booking picture on the previous page was £64 and states 2 adults. I take it this price is £64pp or is it £64 for both

SQ5
That's 2 adults in a car return trip.

So £32 each but you have to book together as one car rather than people.

LY Megane R26
I'v been round as a passenger before with Rhys, Danny and Dan will admit he ain't slow! And I did love it! I just don't fancy dropping my oil or crashing on track out there tbh haha!

also hotels the night before? Defiantly a good idea, I found on in Canterbury for £23 a room, it's 25 miles from port?

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Youll go on once and again,again,again,again,again ;) lol

Agreed! It's addictive!

People that haven't been before are more than welcome to come out with me if they want to see where the track goes etc. More than happy to have passengers !

Ph1 T
Agreed! It's addictive!

People that haven't been before are more than welcome to come out with me if they want to see where the track goes etc. More than happy to have passengers !

Can you remember the corners? been a fair few times?

SQ5
I drove mine there after it had been supercharged, was a but scared of it blowing up or dropping oil on track and it was spot on!

I wasn't going to go on at first but after going on once has to go again! Ill do 4 laps this year :)

Ph1 T
I am slightly worried taking the turbo.. will take out every cover possible lol

Dont think ill be doing as many laps as last year but we will see

Ph1 T
I went for the 1st time last year did roughly 12 laps was starting to remember bits and bobs. When we go back i wont have the foggiest tho lol

SQ5
I am slightly worried taking the turbo.. will take out every cover possible lol

Dont think ill be doing as many laps as last year but we will see

Ill be taking spare coil packs, leads, plugs, injectors, crank sensors, map sensors, air temp sensors, knock sensors and coolant sensors. Plus a whole load of fuses and bulbs!

Just in case!

I took out no extra cover for mine, your covered to drive in Europe anyway but notify insurance company. Breakdown cover is us, we will have a couple ridged bars. I believe DanM has one.

Ph1 T
Yeah I'm taking loads of spare little bits similar to what you've listed too, better safe than sorry..

Did you get ring cover last time you was over? I didn't but a few of lads did sure they paid about £70 it defo wasn't more than 100

Looking forward to this now should be a decent group

Ph1 T
Lol!! Good to know I suppose..

Ill probably be meeting you and Danny on my own as I think andywa said he is going a different day to the 30th

SQ5
Yea, I'm hoping we can fix most bits the amount of Clios we've worked on and taken apart!

I'm sure you had a bar last year Dan? I'm sure my Dads got one.

We need to make a Wednesday afternoon plan too to get to the hotel. I plan on meeting at Bury Tesco about 4PM Wednesday afternoon and heading towards Kent picking up others on the way, does that work for you Dan? Should get us to hotel about 7PM, enough time for some grub and few hours kip.

Where are you coming from Dan H, and will you be hotelling the night before too?

We will then leave hotel about 4AM the following morning.

Ph1 T
I'm coming from sheffield just off jct 31 m1. Where would be best place to meet you? Yeah will be stopping in hotel night before mate

LY Megane R26
I think that's a little early for the hotel for me as I don't get in from work untill half 5, by time packet the car up and got my mate etc. But I don't mind meeting you down there.
What hotel you thinking Danny? The travelodge in Canturbury is £23 a room and 25 miles from Dover port. The rest from looking last night creap up in price.

SQ5
There was only one hotel that wasn't middle of a town if I remember right.

But whatever suits best. I want to try leave about 5 ideally at latest so could probably be at Fourwentways for 6 if that worked? I'm packing car night before for ease.

Let me know Dan if we have to leave half hour later to accommodate everyone that's fine.

LY Megane R26
Not sure if your all awear but theres new rules out for 2013?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/Touristenfahrten/Driving-Regulations-2012.pdf

Bit most people are worried about is the:

"Trucks and vehicles with the following specifications and/or systems:​
full bucket seats (driver and passenger), upgraded or not standard removable steering wheels,​
HANS (head and neck support) and unpadded cages and other components that can endanger the
driver or road safety shall also not be allowed to drive on the race track."

I'v had a search and what they mean by bucket seats is apparently this
vehicle-seat-competition.jpg

So no wrap around the head type.

But I'm still abit confused on the cage situation, most people are say no door bars higher than the steering wheel or that meet up to the A frame.

Sorry if its all old news for people tho lol. Just seems there trying to stop race/track cars on normal TF days.

A good website explaning some of it is this.
http://www.bridgetogantry.com/2/ind...llcages-and-bucket-seats-banned-from-the-ring