ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

E39 530i
I updated to that when it was released. Had massive issues with battery and over heating, battery would drain from 100% to 30% in an hour, and it was hot to touch. Might be alright on some phones but wasn't on mine. Had to revert back down to the stable 44s. Just a heads up.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone else had the CM12/Lollipop OTA update yet? Mine updated last night. Looks pretty good so far, but was a bit buggy to start with. Nothing worked until I restarted the phone about 3 times lol!

Sorry Stuart no. Not upgraded. Weekend task.. Oh the joys of root and doing manual updates.

+1 to that haha.

Also on a custom ROM atm, and annoyingly the development for it has kinda stopped as they were doing funding for a Cyanogen competitor... (ParanoidAndroid), so I guess I'll have to go back to CM.

edit: Doing my titanium backup now, so at least when I come to flash (maybe later today), I'm ready!

Last edited:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Slowly finding gripes with Lollipop... small things, but the app menu being a white background, the lack of a proper silent mode, and the app switcher layout are all severely shite haha. Feels like the phone runs better than it used to though so I'm happy enough with it.

Was reading up on OnePlus's own OxygenOS too today. Not really sure what that offers over CM12 just now, (looks pretty much the same to me!) but it looks like that'll be the future for this phone since they seem to be parting ways with CM.

Slowly finding gripes with Lollipop... small things, but the app menu being a white background, the lack of a proper silent mode, and the app switcher layout are all severely shite haha. Feels like the phone runs better than it used to though so I'm happy enough with it.

Was reading up on OnePlus's own OxygenOS too today. Not really sure what that offers over CM12 just now, (looks pretty much the same to me!) but it looks like that'll be the future for this phone since they seem to be parting ways with CM.

They didnt meet their funding target though did they for OxygenOS? I'm sure that's where the main ParanoidAndroid developers went!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
They didnt meet their funding target though did they for OxygenOS? I'm sure that's where the main ParanoidAndroid developers went!

I'm not sure, not been keeping up with any news on the phone or OS really! Just had a read of a few different things today when I got bored in work lol. They seem to have still managed to release it fine even if they didn't meet funding targets though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Took me a few minutes and searching to figure out why quiet hours was no more, found loads of people installing random crap that didn't quite work properly, but they still went with it.

Then I found the priority mode. Volume Up, stick it in priority and then edit the settings and select the hours it's in priority, then notifications don't wake you up, you can move notifications to a priority level on an app by app basis (and probably a notification by app basis), it's a much better way of doing it rather than saying switch off all noise between x & y, now you can say I really need to know if app X gives me a notification.

The screen waking every notification or everytime I touched the phone was annoying me until I found the setting to swtich it off!

It's actually pretty sweet, I used dashclock before and was worried all my apps were going to stop giving lock screen notifications...but they're all working as before, but without the need for dashclock.

Biggest gripe I had has gone as well, if you use a music player the damn lock screen would switch to that, which meant the clock would dissapear, so quickly turning on the phone to look at the time and notifications needed a swipe, and then it would randomly reorder the pages....with this new notification system that problem has gone!

I had to download the OTA file and update through recovery as it hadn't been pushed to my device and I couldn't be arsed waiting any longer.

Pretty impressed.

Reactions: Gus

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
@rctempire

Stock OTA, although I couldn't be bothered to wait for the OTA to arrive, so I downloaded the OTA image, rebooted into the recovery and selected update and pointed at the file I downloaded on the phone.

10 minutes later the phone had updated, was running CM12 and no data was lost.

Clio 182
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help / point me in the right direction, everyone i know who has the phone already has lollipop and is on cm12 but I've still got kitkat and cm11.

Can i update manually or do i have to wait for the updates? Ive tried checking in the phone settings but apparently im up to date, any ideas?

Ford Fiesta ST2
How do,

I updated mine and the wifes phone about a week ago. I did it manually which was a simple task. I used this thread and followed the first post 'EXPANDED STEPS'. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-ota-manual-install-easy.297425/

I did a full reset on my wifes and hers has worked great from the update.

I upgraded mine from Kitkat and it kept coming up with error messages so did a reset and since the reset it has worked great.

Any queries you've got, give me a shout and I'll try and help.

Alex

Clio 182
How do,

I updated mine and the wifes phone about a week ago. I did it manually which was a simple task. I used this thread and followed the first post 'EXPANDED STEPS'. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-ota-manual-install-easy.297425/

I did a full reset on my wifes and hers has worked great from the update.

I upgraded mine from Kitkat and it kept coming up with error messages so did a reset and since the reset it has worked great.

Any queries you've got, give me a shout and I'll try and help.

Alex
Thanks for that, just got around to doing it and it's worked great

Clio 172mk2
put on cm12.1 , ak kernel. Novalauncher

graphics are improved, and seems quicker , uses less battery. had 3 crashes in a week. Hopefully they should iron out :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How is everyone's battery life on CM12?

I'm only getting about 8 hours out it with average use and that's after I've been through and tried to maximise my battery life. I can go through it in about 3 hours with heavy use.

Clio 182

I'm only getting about 8 hours out it with average use and that's after I've been through and tried to maximise my battery life. I can go through it in about 3 hours with heavy use.
Mine isn't much different to before the update. Maybe changing the way notifications work will help as i noticed that's different?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

8 hours ?! Are you just watching YouTube for 8 hours ??

Screen too bright ? Screen not sleeping ? Google play services eating it ?! Mine gets hammered .. Messages and internet but lasts a good 15 hours with 20+% left at bedtime.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
8 hours ?! Are you just watching YouTube for 8 hours ??

Screen too bright ? Screen not sleeping ? Google play services eating it ?! Mine gets hammered .. Messages and internet but lasts a good 15 hours with 20+% left at bedtime.

Lol! Nope, that's just sitting browsing CS and bookface and stuff!

Screen is about 50% brightness or less usually, play services I've stopped from keeping the phone awake and auto starting. Close background apps regularly, GPS off etc. There's nothing that looks unusual in my battery use either. Its as if I've just got a lower capacity battery!

At 67% now, came off charge at half 6 this morning and I've not really used it much.

I'm using BlissPop ROM, which is Lollipop - working well so far, heard mixed reports of the official CM12 which is why I didn't bother.

Had a nightmare installing it though, backed everything up with titanium backup, so decided to do a full wipe, as the ROM as on the phone already, but forgetting a full wipe would wipe the ROM too. Funny thing was, it was literally a full wipe - no ROM, no data or anything - only thing I could do was enter recover :D

A lot of pissing about later, I had to flash over all the bootloader/radio/userdata/system etc from CM11 via ADB, and then once I had done that I could boot in and upgrade to CM12 (have to upgrade to stock CM12 before going to Blisspop), and finally I was there.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol! Nope, that's just sitting browsing CS and bookface and stuff!

Screen is about 50% brightness or less usually, play services I've stopped from keeping the phone awake and auto starting. Close background apps regularly, GPS off etc. There's nothing that looks unusual in my battery use either. Its as if I've just got a lower capacity battery!

At 67% now, came off charge at half 6 this morning and I've not really used it much.

Weird. I'm in a crap signal area...

Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-36-40.png Screenshot_2015-05-05-11-36-58.png

Dont know why your batteries are poor?
Mines been great, so far get a day sometimes 2 days out it.
Mind you, i dont FaceShite which i reckon saves some battery.

Alot of it is probably down to that yep, Facebook adds a s**t load of wakelocks.

I'm using the BlissPop rom currently and it's fantastic, decent battery life too.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've managed to sort my battery life out a bit now. Its no longer draining with the screen off as I've got privacy guard stopping a lot of wakelocks but 'android system' is still taking up way more battery than it should. Probably looking at 20% usage anyway. Factory reset needed I reckon. Whenever I can be arsed anyway!

2014 Focus Titanium
With the Oneplus One flash sale going on, I've set my alarm for 12 noon tomorrow to bag a white one. I've put it on long enough and I want a change from my Nexus 5!
Yes I know that the reason for the flash sale is for the incoming Oneplus Two (or whatever it may be named)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My OPO has been giving me grief since Lollipop. Battery life went a bit s**t (has since recovered, no idea what was wrong).
Sometimes apps will just lock up and do nothing, and the latest one was if I hit one character, it would register 20 others at the same time

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mines has been a bit s**t since the Lollipop update too. It looks nice when it works, but it's generally a lot more laggy now and the battery life is still as s**t as it was when I complained about 20 posts back. Still struggling to get a full day out it.