ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XBOX]Rage thread!

Octy VRS
Upcoming FPS RPG Racer. A bit of Fallout/Borderlands/Motorstorm in the mix. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
  MK3 GTI golf 16v
seen adverts for this on something all the time about 6 months back. looks alright, probably wont go out of my way to get it, just looks like borderlands really

Octy VRS

I'm going to trade in Deux EX for this next week. Really don't understand why there's not more interest in it to be honest. Lost interest in DEX with no urge to finish it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Many people pre-ordered this? Viewed trailers over the weekend looks very good!

I've pre-ordered it 'looks' really good, but on the review above I may cancel the order. Hmm

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Doesn't sound so bad and being on PC it's only £25 so not that much.

Monaro VXR
Put a couple hours in. All I will say is that on the PC it is buggy as f**k.

You get absolutely no control over detail settings other than screen resolution, brightness and how much AA you want. No access to V sync and it suffers from tear big time on my rig. Had to force v sync on in the drivers. Now that I have done that I now get micro stutters every so often. So I can either fly along at 100+ fps with tear, or get 60fps no tear but stuttering. When I say tear it is incredibly noticeable and can cause some issues rendering it unplayable.

AMD GPU users will need to get the performance driver for the game for it to really be playable.

Also expect random crashes and texture pop in. Odd mouse acceleration at times as well. It can be perfect when controlling the gun, as soon as you have to click something in the inventory the mouse can suddenly jump up in sensitivity massively.

However when it works, it looks quite pretty. Also seems to play fairly well too. Shame really good game, ruined by the bugs.

You also better have a fair amount of free space on the drive you install it on. Takes up around 25gb for the install.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Put a couple hours in. All I will say is that on the PC it is buggy as f**k.

You get absolutely no control over detail settings other than screen resolution, brightness and how much AA you want. No access to V sync and it suffers from tear big time on my rig. Had to force v sync on in the drivers. Now that I have done that I now get micro stutters every so often. So I can either fly along at 100+ fps with tear, or get 60fps no tear but stuttering. When I say tear it is incredibly noticeable and can cause some issues rendering it unplayable.

AMD GPU users will need to get the performance driver for the game for it to really be playable.

Also expect random crashes and texture pop in. Odd mouse acceleration at times as well. It can be perfect when controlling the gun, as soon as you have to click something in the inventory the mouse can suddenly jump up in sensitivity massively.

However when it works, it looks quite pretty. Also seems to play fairly well too. Shame really good game, ruined by the bugs.

You also better have a fair amount of free space on the drive you install it on. Takes up around 25gb for the install.

Great - just great. id can't even prioritise the PC as the flagship platform of choice. f**king turncoats. :mad:

I'll let you know how I get on tonight - fecking s**t by the sounds of it as I run two 4890's in Crossfire....

D.

I tried playing it yesterday, moved my character about 1m and then it crashed (even with the performance config and hotfix drivers), couldn't be arsed to boot it up since.
I suppose I'll give it a go in a bit!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You'd think id would nail it for PC users considering their background.

It's a superb 360 port though, from what I've read. I'd consider buying it if I wasn't so excited about Forza.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
PC users always have the most problems because they have to design a game to be compatible with thousands of different hardware combinations, a game for an xbox is the same whoever buys it.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
f**king s**t game, video plays well at start then it slows down to a stutter and dies as soon as the game tries to start.

Monaro VXR
Oh the console ports get their own set of problems. Not as bad as the PC, however still has problems.

Texture pop in being a big one, you can be waiting for a few seconds for textures to appear. This is what happens when they use 18GB of textures.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Pretty poor effort with the bugs they've got (PC).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

WHAT A f**king JOKE!!!!

It plays the intro avi (which I thought was pretty good actually) and then crashes to a completely white screen.

This is a combo effort from Bethesda and id - two of the most well respected names in the industry and together they can't even get a game to f**king load?! Total comedy gold....

D.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

WHAT A f**kING JOKE!!!!

It plays the intro avi (which I thought was pretty good actually) and then crashes to a completely white screen.

This is a combo effort from Bethesda and id - two of the most well respected names in the industry and together they can't even get a game to f**king load?! Total comedy gold....

D.

Even with the million "fixes" i have it always crashes changing area, and i get so many texture problems its rediculous!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
OMFG, excellent. It's amazing they can even release a game in that state, and to think I've paid £25 for this sh*te, but got Batman Arkham City and Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Blu-Rays for £23.85.

Oh and why is it none of the so called previews mention this sh*t?

Good going guys.

Last edited:
OMFG, excellent. It's amazing they can even release a game in that state, and to think I've paid £25 for this sh*te, but got Batman Arkham City and Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Blu-Rays for £23.85.

Oh and why is it none of the so called previews mention this sh*t?

Good going guys.

That's your standard biased reviews for you :)
Extremely disappointing tbh, the lack of effort into the PC edition is just laughable, I'm glad i didn't give them any of my money!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Quite a lot of the reviews said whilst it was buggy it looked REALLY good.

YEAH, as long as you don't move the mouse.

Monaro VXR
So I found it doesn't make its own cache folder with the install either.

So if you want to add that need a folder in,

Users\"Your user name"\AppData\Local\id software\rage

Will then put in 2 files one of which is 1GB+. Game needs patching quickly.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tried it with Crossfire disabled, just in case that made any difference.

Erm, no.....

rage2011-10-0723-40-38-12.jpg

rage2011-10-0723-40-34-93.jpg

I'd be so ashamed if I was part of the team that made this. FFS people, there is NO WAY that this could have got through QC before release. The play-testers (assuming their were some in the first place) - would have suffered seizures playing this for more than 10mins...

It also goes to prove that the likes of Steam don't play-test the games that they provide download functionality for. :(

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I don't even know whether to bother taking my out of the shrink-wrap, might just send it straight back.

Evo 8 MR
Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying this through steam just on the basis that it's made by the makers of Doom 3 which is what the adverts all boasted about.

However I read the review on Gamepsot and I've not even bothered to install it, I've demanded my money back through steam support, which I believe I am getting.

Might aswell put the money towards MW3 pre-order.

The funny thing is they've not only provided us with a mess of a game but when questioned about it they turn around and say "PC isn't our lead platform anymore".

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/08/carmack-pissed-about-rage-issues-but-admits-id-doesnt-see-pc-as-leading-game-platform/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

L
MFAO, what a way to piss off pc gamers.