ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Misfire Issue - Fault Codes not helping...

Ph1 172 & others
Hi Guys,

Beginning to run out of patience here... I have had a check engine light on since I've owned the car (ph1 172). It keeps throwing up code P0105 which is the MAP sensor. At Goodwood on Saturday the car started misfiring at part throttle and occasionally at full throttle, it was low on fuel so I thought it could be beginning to starve so came in and called it a day. Then on the way home the car was fine until about 5 minutes from home it started misfiring at low revs, especially part throttle at around 3-4k rpm which is basically motorway cruising revs. The rev needle also bounces around when it's misfiring.

Yesterday I replaced the MAP sensor with a genuine Renault one but the fault code keeps coming back and the misfire is still there so clearly this isn't the issue.

I've had codes P0130 and P0136 occasionally which also suggests that the Lambda's are on their way out but if I clear these codes they don't come back for a quite a while (in fact currently they are not showing).

So I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm sure I'm not the first person to suffer this but searching online I'm finding so much conflicting information.

If they've thrown the codes, chances are they are knackered. When the faults used to come and go on mine, they were rattling when I removed them!

The pre-cat is the one that causes issues.

However without knowing the rest of the car (plugs/leads/injectors/coilpack/etc) it's hard to tell. The rev counter bouncing... no idea

Ph1 172 & others
The only solid code is P0105 which is MAP sensor but this has been replaced. Perhaps with another broken one but I doubt it very much. I replaced the coilpack, leads and injectors yesterday but I now suspect it's got the wrong plugs in it. Trying another set this evening thanks to @Budgie.

The Lambda codes P0130 and P0136 only come up very occasionally so I'm not convinced they are the main culprit. P0105 is contantly on, I can reset it and half a mile down the road it's back again.

The only other code that has come up is P0711 which just means the SERV light is on, apparently.

172 Ph1
I suspect maybe a break in the loom mate .
You'll need to do a pin check on the loom .
They give trouble where the loom runs over the gearbox in that plastic bit.

I've just read your Pm

Titanium ph1 turbo
Scan it with can clip and check the codes stored/live data

I have Brigsy, this has been an ongoing issue which I can't seem to solve.. map sensor reading on live data intermittently just stops on a fixed 102kPa causing my fuelling to go crazy and misfire... have tried 3 map sensors, all the same result...

Live data is showing engine running fine, then randomly map sensor reading on ECU goes to 102kPa and engine slowly dies as the plugs carbon up from misfiring.. and randomly it will just start reading the map sensor signal giving me perhaps 15-45 mins of things being ok.

Spent today with multimeter checking the map sensor pins 15 (earth), 16 (signal), 78 (voltage) back to the ecu connector and all giving 0 ohms.

The only difference in my loom is I have the EFI boost module wired in, which also fits between pin 16 (map sensor signal)... so my next test will be to simply bridge that wire cutting out the boost module.. need to figure out why the ecu doesn't think its reading the sensor.

Titanium ph1 turbo
Still no joy getting to the bottom of it mate ? I would be changing wiring from quick read, possibly broken wiring or poor connection ?

seems the only logical explanation... im gonna first check the wiring to the addon boost module and how that looks.. few more tests I can try.. last resort will be to fit a whole new loom (which thankfully I have a spare)!

dan's cast offs.
The only difference in my loom is I have the EFI boost module wired in, which also fits between pin 16 (map sensor signal)... so my next test will be to simply bridge that wire cutting out the boost module.. need to figure out why the ecu doesn't think its reading the sensor.

fiver says if you bypass the module it will be fine and you'll be convinced it's a faulty module, replace it and still does the same, after a couple of days and lots of swearing you should work it out...been there done that and i'd say i know what your problem is ?

PH2 172
fiver says if you bypass the module it will be fine and you'll be convinced it's a faulty module, replace it and still does the same, after a couple of days and lots of swearing you should work it out...been there done that and i'd say i know what your problem is ?

Cough then, or does he have to PM you for your PayPal account 1st?

Titanium ph1 turbo

Please share, I’ve been on this for weeks and a new module is £379 so I won’t be chancing another!... are you thinking bad earth perhaps?

Titanium ph1 turbo

p.s. I would actually paypal you a fiver if your theory fixes it... its took me weekends and a few quid to get this far.

Clio Mk2 1.2 58hp
And what's happened? I have the same problem. So many years and in every post no one get fix ot ? P0105 is renault killer.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
And what's happened? I have the same problem. So many years and in every post no one get fix ot ? P0105 is renault killer.
Thats some bullshit generic code from a crap scanner. Scan it with can clip so you can actually see the correct df codes stored and why its stored.