ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Flamer - back to glory project

Ph1 Flamer
Alright Chaps,

After a lot of deliberating I've finally gone ahead and bought yet another Ph1 172. I bought my first one many years ago, since then I've been through 4 Ph1's and a 182.

I'm now in a position to have a second car and after a lot of searching I found this:

clio.jpg I collected her on yesterday from a fellow Cliosport member (Dobber) and a truely nice chap!. 70k on the clock with a FSH.

My intentions are to get her as close to mint as possibly practical. I'm not spending thousands but it's going to look a belter by the time I've finished with her.

A quick run down on what my initial intentions are:
  • Replace K-tec stealth with standard
  • Steering wheel re-trim
  • Grab handle re-furb/ replace
  • Headlight restoration
  • Parking dints to remove
  • Into Birchdown for a thorough check over inc engine and gearbox oil/filters.
  • All alloys to be restored
  • An MOT!! (ha ha)
After the above has been sorted she's going to get Brembo/Ferredo brake upgrade. I hope to get her into Birchdown again next year for It's second Cambelt plus I'll have the Dephaser pulley changed while they're in there as a precaution.

I'll be uploading more pictures of before and after steps as soon as I can figure out how to upload full size pictures.

TTFN

Ph1 Flamer
A little update,

I decided to have a go at the headlights on the Sport. One of them looks to have been replaced quite recently but the other is defo an original and looks near off orange, it's that discoloured.

So I went through to Halfords yesterday and picked up some wet and dry 1500, 2000 and 2500 grain paper. I also grabbed some T-cut and some polish.

I was rather dubious about the whole process of rubbing away at my headlights so I've had a practice run with my Veccy.

DSC00340.jpg Before and after (its a different light I know, but you get the picture) DSC00341.jpg

Now its time for the Sport. Here's what it looks like now, DSC00342.jpg I'll try and have a go today as long as the wind lets up at some point!! Jesus!!

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
I'm really looking forward to seeing my, I mean your flamer back to it's best. You had a good start though as it was pretty good to start with :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yeah it's for sale lol. So much for the plans didn't last long