ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlastiDip UK?

Anyone used or know of an alternative called Liquid Car Wraps?

I want to have a bash at whitening my wheels - and would prefer to get it from eBay (nectar points, innit), this is all i can find & it looks a bit iffy..

Clio 182
Just bought a can of gloss black stuff to try on my front grill and fog surrounds etc. will post pictures at the weekend wether it goes well or not haha

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Any body used this on interior pieces? Like door grab handles or even a-pillars, might brighten it up at bit

A grey one
This is my mates scirocco, looks awesome for £350 to protect show paint for the winter!
734bb78ac91187ef239f78dc1ecfa680.gif

got it done by autopaint and body shop up north, a few I've seen done from there looks awesome quality!
and I think they'll mix it up for you if you want some :)

Civic Type R FN2
That Scirocco looks great, bit low though :p

I'm a massive fan of Plasti Dip, I've done a set of wheels on another car and they looked great and lasted all winter. Great stuff, I've got a tin left in the garage and have been thinking about coating some of the plastics on the cup

LY 182
This is my mates scirocco, looks awesome for £350 to protect show paint for the winter!
734bb78ac91187ef239f78dc1ecfa680.gif

got it done by autopaint and body shop up north, a few I've seen done from there looks awesome quality!
and I think they'll mix it up for you if you want some :)

Untill it stripped all his laquer :eek:

Tempted to do this to the Panzer's wheels for Silverstone Classics this year. Presume it's just like spray painting, i.e. I could make up some stencils and spray paint anything I wanted?

Clio mk3
I used plasti dip for the first time on last week,done my interior with the gun metal plasti dip. Very easy to use and I will be buying more for my wheels.
mu5ebe9e.jpg

a7u8ejyp.jpg

a9ejeveg.jpg

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Big thread revival!

So I was doing some gardening on the weekend and came across a few unopened cans of plastidip knocking about in the shed which I'd forgotten about.

The missus has been toying with the idea of changing some parts on her MCS to gloss black so I thought I'd give this a go first as it's free and quick.

I only did the intake on the weekend as you'll see below but thinking about doing all the chrome parts to match and maybe the boot grab handle too. I don't want to go too far and end up with it looking like a chav waggon but I think it will tie in nicely with the black roof, wing mirrors and alloys that she already has.

What do you guys reckon?

Before and after:

f31ac9605c0b50d7a190980905d70bdc.jpg

938d194edd517f9542f021ae5b2a9fa3.jpg

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
The minis do look better with all the chrome bezels/belt line done in black. Especially the pepper white ones, trying to convince my wife to get hers done black

Astra TT
Anyone else had a crack at this? Would be ace to see some pictures, I like the idea of using it freshen up the grille.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I've used it for badges and bits of exterior trim. Piece of p*ss to use, look really good and last very well. I did my lower front lip on the car in my profile pic (prime stone chip area and I think after 18 months and about 25k miles there was 2 maybe 3 little chips out of it. Then you can just pull it off and do it again.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
How are you getting it to peel off the body but not the lettering? do you have to cut around it when dry or something?

Tis the magic of plastidip, if you take your time and do 4-5 decent coats then it will just cut itself around and slightly sharp edges. i.e. badges. Just roughly mask, spray, peel it where you don't want it. It's great stuff for £13 a can.