ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlastiDip UK?

MG TF
Wondered how my Photobucket account views had suddenly maxed out causing me to have to pay a subscription in order to get my photo's to re-appear! Logs the sites where they are viewed the most.

Ahh well, cost of doing something a bit different I suppose.

Was quoted £800 for a vinyl wrap, looked about and found the Americans using the Plasti dip stuff. Researched it for about 4 weeks and then decided to go for it. Got 14 cans and did it over the course of 3 days, outside, it was windy, it rained a bit one day and over both nights it was frosty.

For the finish it feels like cheating. £130 for a matte vinyl effect was fine by me.

Has been on for 4-5 weeks now and I've done about 500 miles. Have been past 2 gritters and have 3 stone chips. Washing the thing takes 10 mins and required some fairy liquid, a bucket and a sponge, no more claying, no more waxing, no more polishing. I can now use my Saturdays to do other things! Thought I was going to have to be delicate with washing it but its just like washing any other paintwork.

Yes the red of the inside was meant to be there, was inspired by a matte black wrapped Elise that was originally red, so inside the doors were red and it worked well as a contrast on the black so thought I'd give it a go. It also had gloss black stripes but I think I might give them a miss for now....

Can always peel the whole lot off at a stage in the future and possibly go with another colour.

Any questions give me a shout.

Also how long would a Wrap actually last for? If it was going to last say 10 years, if you could get away with using Plastidip every 5-8 years then it would not cost you any more than having a proper wrap, except you get to change colour etc! :D

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I've just ordered four cans of the black to do the vRS, should arrive tomorrow and I'll put some pics up when I can.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Fabia done, not bad for about £9 a corner.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331329793.411810.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331329793.411810.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 389
  Passat 170 DSG Wagon
did u take the wheels off to do or while on car? how has it come out? :) looks great

Wheels off. Came out well, just make sure you get in the spokes and leave 15 mins between coats. Comes out matte once dry and looks different from most things on the road. I did 2 wheels per can. 16 inch wheels but bought four just in case.

Did my old wheels today as a tester , not bad , but not great either.
Wouldn't do it again I don't think

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331743917.757981.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331743917.757981.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 277
  172 Cup
What would this be like for trackday wheels?

Could you get away with doing the wheels for a single trackday without any issues.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Dont know how many of you have used this but I found a similar product by a better known brand.....

And they do that special grey everyone wets themselves for....

Foliatec

GTD, Lupo
Just a heads up guys but the black is back in stock on the uk website. Works out about £16.50 a can with VAT and P&P.

Just ordered two cans to have a little play with

1.2 16v clio
has anyone done their roof in this stuff i have seen 1 person that has but he hasn't been online in 5 months im only wondering because i have dents on the roof from idiots sitting on the car when it was parked down my road without me knowing until a nabour told me.... back to what im about to ask how many cans do you think it would take to do the roof of my car do you guys think?

GTD, Lupo
has anyone done their roof in this stuff i have seen 1 person that has but he hasn't been online in 5 months im only wondering because i have dents on the roof from idiots sitting on the car when it was parked down my road without me knowing until a nabour told me.... back to what im about to ask how many cans do you think it would take to do the roof of my car do you guys think?

It would take 2 cans to do it, with a little left over. The dents would show up badly as matte paint shows them up.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Yeah I think it's the same. I don't know why there isn't someone selling this at shows. Surely there is enough amateur spraying fans to make money?

133/225/CLS AMG
My two cans turned up and im not impressed at all.

What you not happy about chap?

I've been reading this thread and doing some reading up on this stuff. Trying to consider whether it's worth getting a few cans to spray my wheels rather than spending out on a refurb.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Where did the people who have some, order it from?

www.plastidip.co.uk or another site?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just skipped through this post so has anyone tried there whole car yet?
Ive seen the youtube videos of cars in America being done and fancy trying it on my track car, for the price of a couple of nights out it must be worth a shot.

1.2 16v
Anyone on here used this stuff and have any reviews on it?

Not personally, although a few mates have and there's mixed results tbh. One mate did bump strips etc and they've scratched away. But he reckons there was only 2/3 layers so that's why. Another did his whole punto in white, did about 6 coats to be safe. Looks awesome and not a mark!