ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation 3 = Awesome

dk

911 GTS Cab
the only time the 360 is too loud is if you like playing things with the sound turned off lol
you either must have a nice detached house then where you can play things at full blast all the time or the only quieter than a roadsweeper right outside your window at 6am 360 then!

Cos mine is stupid loud, and i've not got a big enuogh hdd to install the games on it, guess i should maybe upgrade to an elite but i can't see the point these days, all the games i want are available on the ps3 anyway.

<console_wars>My 360 is too noisy to have switched on as a media machine. Yeah, it's quieter when the optical drive isn't spinning, but it's still far noisier than my PS3. I wouldn't want to use it to watch a Blu-ray...which obviously it can't do anyway. <console_wars>

RE: The remote control. I personally never have a problem with it switching the PS3 on, or any problems with the buttons. TBH people who can't look at it without accidentally pressing the wrong button must have hands like a bunch of bananas :D

TBH that's not strictly true - it can be a problem when cleaning it. Because it's bluetooth, it's impossible to take it into another room and wipe it down, because it still works. Batteries out for cleaning. Other than that, it's fine for me :)

Octy VRS
My PS3 is fine for me for games as I'm not on it all the time. There are loads of games out there now that I haven't got time to play yet but will do at some point. I haven't touched CODWAW, Bioshock, MGS4, FarCry, RE5 etc so looking forward to them when I get round to it. I use it a hell of a lot though to play my music, films, Play etc. I couldn't be without it.

I have the remote too and have not had probs, except when my nipper picks it up and turns the subtitles on etc.

i dont have things stupidly loud but i honestly cant say it bothers me at all when watching stuff now though i mainly use my htpc for watching stuff its much better :)

BMW F31
am i right in thinking there was talk of bringing out a slimmed down version of the ps3?

like dk said, the 360 is silly loud tbh! i have mine tucked away in an av unit with the door shut (vented to stop it rrod) but if you were to have it out in the open its far too noisy to watch a film etc.

i would like to get an elite as they use the 175w mobo's so in theory should be quieter but i need to hear one to see if i can justify buying a new one.

would like to get a ps3 too but mainly for bluray.

Clio 200 Raider
Nope, this is true. But I see it largely as a benefit, though I can see where you're coming from. For playing media, it's a must buy (£17~), much better than fumbling with the pad - too many times I've put the pad down and it's started FF/RW or even worse skipping the fking chapter!

On topic

I really wouldn't want to be without it now, despite not getting to game on it as much as I'd like! Just need to get PSN/Home (remember that?) up to scratch, it's still missing 'party chat' and the ability to join a friends game, straight from your friends list, though I haven't used 2.70 yet.

yep well worth getting the remote i bought mine thinking im just buying for sake of it but use it all the time now.
Why arent more remotes bluetooth, i get fed of my xbox one as i have my xbox on an angle its a pain trying to point their remote at the sensor on the box when im sitting far back.

One downside I can think of with the bluetooth remote, is that it appears to eat batteries. You need to keep rampant rabbit-esque supplies of batteries in the kitchen drawer.

DCi
theres a ps3 and xbox 360 in my house - i think that the xbox is louder - but the ps3 is then louder again when the full fans come on - however those are only temporary i suppose.

I've personally never heard my PS3 spool up to basic 360 noise levels, and I use it for a lot of different things. My 360 is louder at idle than my PS3 is upscaling video or playing games. Maybe the machines vary.

At first my 360 was whisper quiet but a few months in and I had to sell my copy of Battlefield bad company and buy it on the PS3 lol for late at night when the sounds were low!

Yeah the remote can get annoying as any button does turn the ps3 on, can't leave it out as one of my stock of animals would only sit on it and turn the machine on lol!

Still on the same set of batteries but then I don't use mine as a rampant rabbit ;)

SLK 350
Indeed, batteries here are fine. I assume the standard 5 minute controller powersave also turns off the remote - not sure though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
thats bluetooth for you, its also always on i think so will go through batteries, presume you use rechargeable ones though? They should make it usb chargeable like the controllers

GW RS200
I stream the 720p stuff, but 1080p saturates my network so I copy those over via wireless before watching.

Mine used to do this - but I got a Gigabit router last month. It is a mighty thing of glory, achieving 50mb/sec PC to PC, and I'm guessing that might be a hard drive transfer ceiling. Defo worth looking into!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Mine used to do this - but I got a Gigabit router last month. It is a mighty thing of glory, achieving 50mb/sec PC to PC, and I'm guessing that might be a hard drive transfer ceiling. Defo worth looking into!

If you mean 50MB/s then yes, the restricting factor is your hard drives. Gigabit is good for a theoretical 100+ MB/s

10Gig ethernet for home is where its at though ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL @ PSN being better because it's free.

Nice diversion tactics.

Why don't you PS3 owners run along and play the new downloadable content for Fallout 3/GTA/Everything?

Oh, wait...

Hi

PMSL @ PSN being better because it's free.

Nice diversion tactics.

Why don't you PS3 owners run along and play the new downloadable content for Fallout 3/GTA/Everything?

Oh, wait...

Hi

PMSL awesome flanking tactics. You hit them hard. Console Wars is officially on. I agree though, free doesn't necessarily mean PSN is better. Bit torrent is free, but it's not better than usenet.

Consoles suck anyway. Crap controls and graphics stuck in a time warp. "At least they don't need upgrading" - no, that's because the games never get any better looking until the 'next-gen' machine comes out with hardware that's been current-gen on PC for the last 5 years ;)

If you mean 50MB/s then yes, the restricting factor is your hard drives. Gigabit is good for a theoretical 100+ MB/s

10Gig ethernet for home is where its at though ;)

mm wouldnt the ladies love you then

'hey girls wanna come back and watch me play with my 10GbE'

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm here all day chaps. Literally.

I had a PS3, so you can remove that one from your arsenal of comebacks.

As Munson says in the OP, it's telling that this is a thread in "Technology Chat" and not "Gaming Chat". He's effectively done all the arguing for me. It's not a bad machine, far from it. It's just a bad games console.

/wars.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lets be honest though, the PS3 is the future.

That processor is supercool, sooner or later you will own a ps3.
I'm tempted to get one to replace my Apple TV, Boxee need to do a PS3 version.

There is something "cheap" about the xbox (Despite it costing a fortune once you buy all the s**t you need for the f**king thing) which i don't like.

Yeah I heard that PS3 games have better graphics than real life, and that the processor would find a cure for cancer WHILE you play the most realistic game ever created. More realistic than The Matrix TBH.

Oh no, that was the PS2. My bad ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Boxee on the PS3 would be great. My Apple TV does the job for now but cannot handle HD material.

PS3 is a excellent media player and top class games console :)

Titanium 182
I have a 360 and I'm getting a free ps3 when I renew my phone contract next month, but PC will still kick both there asses for gaming. End of.

tiTTy & SV650
I have a 360 and I'm getting a free ps3 when I renew my phone contract next month, but PC will still kick both there asses for gaming. End of.

playing games with mouse and keyboard on a £1000+ plus pc = FAIL

2014 Focus Titanium
playing games with mouse and keyboard on a £1000+ plus pc = FAIL

Omg you know so little. I love my Xbox 360 and intend on getting a PS3 too because they are brilliant but what you have just wrote is quite frankly embarrassing for me to read never mind you to right. Get out. NOW.

VaVa
and blue ray, internet, multi format video files......

Naaaaa. I have no need for blueray or surfing the internet on my tv. Although I can do that with my Wii if the mood takes. And I don't have a problem with the file types either.

My current 360 is quieter than my old one but's it's still noisier than a ps3 tbh.

1998 BMW e46 323i
love my ps3, i've never been a big gamer, but have just never been taken by the xbox and all the talk of failure rates. I use it as a jukebox, dvd or blu ray movie player, streamed 720p movie player with tversity and think it rocks. The size of the thing annoys me and the fan on my 60 can be noisy. I've never played with an xbox tho, so can't really comment. BT remote is a must too. Love it for gaming and as a hub.

tiTTy & SV650
Omg you know so little. I love my Xbox 360 and intend on getting a PS3 too because they are brilliant but what you have just wrote is quite frankly embarrassing for me to read never mind you to right. Get out. NOW.

FAIL and you should be used to this keyboard malarky too with your gaming habits