ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation 3 = Awesome

2014 Focus Titanium
Cause I wouldn't dream of spending £1k on a pc let alone £2k

particularly if the privilidge was to play games on it, cause I'm not into games enough to justify it.

All FAIL IMO of course

So why are you commenting on gaming on PC's then? Anyone who is into their games knows that FPS's are best on PC's and the likes of CS: S are amazing.

PMSL @ PSN being better because it's free.

Nice diversion tactics.

Why don't you PS3 owners run along and play the new downloadable content for Fallout 3/GTA/Everything?

Oh, wait...

Hi

Come on chris, you can say a lot of things about the PS3 but why would PS3 owners wish to play last years mediocre multiplats?

They have a huge range of quality exclusives, the xbox has no (recent)decent exclusives FACT and no danger of any coming out either!

tiTTy & SV650
So why are you commenting on gaming on PC's then? Anyone who is into their games knows that FPS's are best on PC's and the likes of CS: S are amazing.

Really? Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and all that jazz?

TLA's FTL BTW

Really? Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and all that jazz?

TLA's FTL BTW

Not sure what means? You're quite naive I think. I don't mean that in a nasty way but, you should realise that shooters were born on the PC. Consoles also contain PC hardware. There are some great shooters on the consoles, and that's great for everyone. They're also all available on PC though. Platform exclusives such as Killzone 2 aside, but that's no great loss IMO.

You should realise that it it's the PC hardware market that creates what is inside your console. Your console is a PC, essentially. Just not as good :D

Come on chris, you can say a lot of things about the PS3 but why would PS3 owners wish to play last years mediocre multiplats?

They have a huge range of quality exclusives, the xbox has no (recent)decent exclusives FACT and no danger of any coming out either!

what recent exclusives does the ps3 have ??

SLK 350
Yet another thread which turns into pointless 'banter' (Read - arguing).

Roy, PC's don't drive anything in the games market these days, it's consoles where the money lies for developers/publishers. You can blame 'the scene' for that, which as it stands I think the only uncracked console going is the PS3 at present.

Either way, the PS3 is quality kit :)

Yet another thread which turns into pointless 'banter' (Read - arguing).

Roy, PC's don't drive anything in the games market these days, it's consoles where the money lies for developers/publishers. You can blame 'the scene' for that, which as it stands I think the only uncracked console going is the PS3 at present.

Either way, the PS3 is quality kit :)

It's not pointless banter at all. It's an exchange of opinions and ideas. That's all. You yourself have just posted in here, so are you saying everything is pointless except your opinion - close thread etc? Roffle.

IIRC both the X360 and PS3 have graphics cards derived from (old) PC graphics cards. If you think that the high end £500 gfx card market has no impact on what will end up in consoles...well...that's your opinion :)

E87 118d M Sport
am i right in saying that the chip the ps3 use was created solely for the ps3, and not off the cuff from a high end pc?
or am i speaking bs

its got a spare one aswell hasnt it so that if one breaks it is covered.

erm not really there is alot of s**t about the cell mainly from sony saying it had 8 cores iirc but in reality only 3 are so are used for gaming cant remember exact numbers though

the graphics side of teh 360 is much more powerfull than the ps3 the cell is more powerfull than teh 360 but the 360 is more efficient in its design oh and the 360 has better memory implimentation than the ps3

yeah the reason there are only 7 enabled is due to yield they had issues getting enough chips with all 8 working so they just make them with only 7 of teh 8 enabled so they throw less away

SLK 350
It's not pointless banter at all. It's an exchange of opinions and ideas. That's all. You yourself have just posted in here, so are you saying everything is pointless except your opinion - close thread etc? Roffle.

IIRC both the X360 and PS3 have graphics cards derived from (old) PC graphics cards. If you think that the high end £500 gfx card market has no impact on what will end up in consoles...well...that's your opinion :)

System X is better than system Y, like the other 100 threads on here, with no tangible justification made.

Don't let me get in the way of discussing matters by using "FAIL" "FACT" "ROFFLE".

From a hardware POV, sure it's PC's which push the boundaries traditionally, but that's due to their application (i.e anything). There's definitely been a big shift in the amount of 'A' titles that no longer appear on PC, or appear down the line.

tiTTy & SV650
Not sure what means? You're quite naive I think. I don't mean that in a nasty way but, you should realise that shooters were born on the PC. Consoles also contain PC hardware. There are some great shooters on the consoles, and that's great for everyone. They're also all available on PC though. Platform exclusives such as Killzone 2 aside, but that's no great loss IMO.

You should realise that it it's the PC hardware market that creates what is inside your console. Your console is a PC, essentially. Just not as good :D

I was baiting him there.

I do realise all of the above, but as I said earlier its not my thing.

I'm the kinda of person who won't buy a console till its last production year cause I won't pay £300 or so for one. So would never dream of buying a top spec PC as I realise top spec PC's are essentially developed for gameplay and advanced rendering. I do a lot of CAD but still get by perfectly happily on sub £800 pc's / laptops

Not been called Naive for a long time, I thankya.

stereo typical image of a pc gamer is someone who never sees light due to playing WoW 25 hours a day

a console gamer is your regular lad who doesnt have time to spend all day playing on his pc that just wants something he can pick up and play and not every time he try s to launch the game be greeted by another 1.4GB patch

that and annoying kids

i like pc games some games only work on pc and for me thats RTS and flight sims everything else can be done on a console

imho it just costs too much to be in pc gaming fo sure i can run lower resolutions and lower detail levels without spunking £400 or more on a card or 2 or i could just buy a game on a console stick the disk in press play and off i go no need to worry about if it will run or not it ALWAYS will at the best settings it can do yes it maybe slightly worse quality than a pc but im not sat 2 ft away from my tv and dont really care it looks good enough

stereo typical pc gamer setup
wow-geek1.jpg

System X is better than system Y, like the other 100 threads on here, with no tangible justification made.

Don't let me get in the way of discussing matters by using "FAIL" "FACT" "ROFFLE".

From a hardware POV, sure it's PC's which push the boundaries traditionally, but that's due to their application (i.e anything). There's definitely been a big shift in the amount of 'A' titles that no longer appear on PC, or appear down the line.

Well TBH, jokes aside, I like to think I'm always quite impartial and sensible in these discussions. You just seem to interpret things as some of form of attack or basis for a war of words. That's my perception anyway. In fact, here you are, getting involved in a disussion you feel is boring. It's even a topic bestowing the virtues of your beloved PS3, yet still not a sensible word can be spoken in favour of any other format, without you biting.

You'll disagree, and you'll counter with some sensible argument, but the facts are, you're a fanboy. Through and through fanboy :D

He's one of a myriad of them on here Roy... but good luck getting any of them to admit it. They need therapy tbh.

You're not wrong. I love it when terms like "with no tangible justification" are thrown around at random. I'm not quite sure why the guy feels the need to flex the keyboard in this case. I'm very obviously a PC gamer, but I also very obviously appreciate what consoles offer. If I could be bothered, I'd search for the hundred threads where I've been pro-console, but that would then require the fanboys responding to actual posts, rather than misguided perceptions of them.

Oh well. PC > Xbox > PS3 ;)

LY 200
I love my PS3.......Its the next best thing to a sexy time but better than a steady girlfirend!!!

I don't remember the last time I used my 360 for gaming. Its a fairly decent media centre TBH.

I just wish it did it quietly and looking good with covers etc :(

I don't remember the last time I used my 360 for gaming. Its a fairly decent media centre TBH.

I just wish it did it quietly and looking good with covers etc :(

I've not used my 360 as a media centre. Right now, my PS3 is folding, whilst a play my own tunes, and in a while I'll be watching the latest Lost...all pretty much silent. It's a f**king brilliant machine IMO. After that, I might go play some PC games, so I double win :D

Quite a lot of bollacks being churned as ever

The cell has ONE core and 7 spu's which are often used to handle phyics or mathamatical stuff, one is a spare in case one spu fails.

To set the record straight, the PS3 uses an old RSX graphics card, yes the 360 GPU is superior. However and a big 'but' the Cell can handle some of the graphics load which is why exclusives when designed right on PS3 can look very good. However when the PS3 is acting as an xbox emulater (read most multiplats) the Xbox version looks better!

The xbox has 512megs of ram which can be shared beyween cpu and gpu

The PS3 has 256 megs of dedicated GPU ram and 256 megs for system memory. It also uses XDR ram giving it a slight speed advantage. Neither set up is perfect and tbh 512megs is s**t really on both systems, my laptops graphic card alone has 512megs lol!!! This effectivly limits both consoles to 720p at current graphics, they would need at least a gig of ram in order to run native 1080p at current graphics levels.

The PS3 does use a dynamic memory buffer which currently enables more native 1080p games but its hardly an advantage.

Mcbunny from the mainstream exclusives choose from, R2, Pacific edge, killzone 2, Socom, LBP

brazo im sorry but your wrong

Martin Linklater. "Optimizing Cell Core". Game Developer Magazine, April 2007: pp. 15–18. "To increase fabrication yelds, Sony ships PlayStation 3 Cell processors with only seven working SPEs. And from those seven, one SPE will be used by the operating system for various tasks, This leaves six SPEs for game programmer to use."

the bit about one spare is the wrong part well its spare as in it doesnt get used much but thats it

and they are SPE's not spu's ;)