ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Potential Newbie

clio 182 / Civic 2.2
Hi All,

My names Mark from S Wales and I'm almost a clio 182 owner (just trying to make up my mind on which one). I'm looking to get the 182 full fat version and am constantly looking for the best version around for under 2.5k. Got 2 in mind at the moment a lovely black example with both cup packs on 76k but looks like it will be due a cambelt change in the coming year / or alternatively a silver 182 (without packs) on 60k which has just been serviced (belts and all) and has only 1 keeper.

So hard trying to make a decision I know there's no rush but im desperate to own one as I've come to close on many occasions but decided to go down the VAG diesel options :clown:

Anyway any advice would be appreciated and hopefully soon i'll be unleashed on the roads in the little go kart :D

clio sold :(
I would buy the black one and have it serviced then your all sorted. Try to use the belt change in negotiations to get some money knocked off :)

clio 182 / Civic 2.2
Thanks guys, think I will be going for the black one but the silver one seems a bit more of a bargin but know id spend more money on it upgrading the suspension / getting a cup spoiler etc

clio 182 / Civic 2.2
Looks like im going to take a gamble on a black 182 with full cup pack ive found. I;ve agreed on a price of 2400 for a 55 plate with 70k on the clocks. There is only part service history but the owner says the belts were done at 50k and he has the receipts for these etc, also has 6 months tax, 4 new tyres and a k tex exhaust system. Think the gearbox has been replaced for a recon one from another clio but hopefully everything else is spot on. Anything I should look out for on the test drive tomorrow???