ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tiny bit more progress

408d3cd4.jpg

7ebaab38.jpg

Cheers Stevo C :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Will do babes. As I said earlier, wish I'd gone down the powerflex route sooner, but then again I would've of someone on here hadnt tried to rip me off!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Went along and got the alignment done at clcm in Edinburgh today, knew it was miles out as it was horrible to drive, big improvement now

5bbc3951.jpg

66cf259d.jpg

Plenty more to be done to it this week so expect a few more updates

Cheers

225 Cup & Williams
Just the same as Progrip. I would go to CLCM but the last time I phoned they said they're not open on Saturdays.

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah might take you up on that mate I've got mark fish springs & rear koni shocks coming for the trophy so I'll wait until I've fitted all that.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Gearbox oil changed, was a nice shade of black and feels lots better now, won't be leaving it as long next time!

Now to change the caliper and the last engine mount, brakes tonight mount tomorrow.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
And that's the new rear caliper on and all the brakes bled, decent improvement in feel and it's nice to have a handbrake again. Although I've got so used to not using it I don't think I put it on when I got out the car tonight!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So a bit of a busy week with the cars, started with the alignment on Monday as above, was meant to work on it on Tuesday but accidently had a 3 hour nap! So that put things back a bit, was out on Wed night so that used up more time and finally on Thursday we got round to changing the rear ns caliper and bleeding all 4 brakes as well as a couple of niggly little jobs like adjusting handbrake cables, heat shields etc etc. We were just pressing on so didnt take many pics, just one at the start and one at the end!

9f82cbab.jpg

23affb45.jpg

So on Friday I swapped over the upper gearbox mount, which is a boring pic but here it is anyway!

6ef25d62.jpg

Currently the plan is still to upgrade to stiffer ones but, as always for me, money isn't overflowing!

And today was a case of cleaning out all the crap that has built up in and on the car over the past wee while, any spare time has been used doing things to it rather than washing it. I also fitted another splitter and my wiper blank. That almost passes the 20ft test. Almost. Gonna have to redo/buy a better one, paint etc is not my strong point!

f63fb925.jpg

de162232.jpg

7d6d0f4c.jpg

And the obligatory CS/iphone jaunty angle one

5373e0d1.jpg

Car is now ready for Knockhill tomorrow, hopefully! And sitting a little bit low as its loaded ready for the early start, wish me luck!

Track pics coming very soon!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Looking good John. I like the look with the rear wiper removed, think I'll take mine off, is it hard to do?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No, easy to do but I struggled with the filler of all things! I did it using a 13mm open spanner on the nut and iirc a 17mm spanner going over the end of the nut and behind the wiper arm, basically acting as a puller.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really wanting to change my number plates now, these 'temporary' ones have been on since I got it back. Anyone got any ideas? Previously ran French plates and loved them back in the day but think they might be a bit past it these days, still got them in my shed though!

IMG_2375-2.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

Not convinced about 3/4 plates on ph1s and would still leave the rear needing done.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Also changed from the normal blades to some Goodyear aero blades from Costco, seem good so far but not been properly used yet.

55567861.jpg

Recently smacked a pigeon at 70 on sat and still not washed these feathers off!

cd4ef0f9.jpg

And fitted a less subtle sticker!

7a33f288.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol!! Its not quite as good as it was pre timing belt change but tbh it wouldn't take long to sort. Its also been through Knockhill gravel and survived ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Dan, it did well, loved it and will be out on it as soon as I can afford it!

Yeah thats what my head says Steve but I dunno, loved the french plates back in the day and never had any hassle but gotta accept time waits for no man!