ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scene scooby

More poke than viagr
Its not the flaps, or brakes (unfortunatly) But something that will balance the car out more i hope.

Theres just something missing at the moment, dont know exactly what, but not 100% with how it looks atm.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
its gonna be the RA vent and Again a waste of money, your trying Too Hard tom if your struggling with idea's Stop its not a race.

More poke than viagr
No its not the vent either. And biffy, its not a waste of money dude....might seem so to you fair enough, but to me its not :) I dont drink or smoke, this is what i choose to spend my money on :)

Picked it all up last night, but wont have time to get them fitted untill tommorow as its my day off. Really looking forward to it now :D

And front coilovers have seized! Price you pay for buying second hand i suppose

More poke than viagr
Did you not clean the coilies down and coat them in anti seize?

Cleaned them up and soaked them in WD before fitting, then been spraying penetrant spray on them since trying to adjust them :(

Looks better than i thought it would... Shame my gran would pass it in her Tsport!

LMAO! yeah is true lol! ;)

Alright sod it, cba to get a pic of it now, but i bought the rear wing last night.....(awaits flaming)......To be fair it was too cheap to give up and being in the right colour and everything i just thought why not? I got sideskirts, bumper spats, bootlid + spoiler and front strut brace for £150 so cant really argue with that! Its not a definate yet, i can always sell it and at least get my money back i think :)

Looking at getting some of these when i get back off holiday

SUBARU_IMPREZA_VERSION_6_SPOILER_SUPPORTS_STIFFIS.jpg

Should look good i think

Cleaned them up and soaked them in WD before fitting, then been spraying penetrant spray on them since trying to adjust them :(

No good leaving them bare. Lightly rap them with 2 hammers on the adjusters, 1 either side (don't smack the hell out of them!) That should help disturb any crap holding them tight. When you get them free, check they can be spun all the way by hand, get a spray can of copper anti seize and spray it all over the threaded body.

More poke than viagr
No good leaving them bare. Lightly rap them with 2 hammers on the adjusters, 1 either side (don't smack the hell out of them!) That should help disturb any crap holding them tight. When you get them free, check they can be spun all the way by hand, get a spray can of copper anti seize and spray it all over the threaded body.

Thanks, will give it a go tommorow :)

Gutted. Now you'll just look like every other chav with £3k to spend.

RIP this project.

lol, wait till you see it first ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Unless the next pictures you post of your car have a bloke in the background smashing up a spoiler, then I'm going to be gutted.

More poke than viagr
lol! Im going to try it and tbh i think it will look quite good. especially when i get the wing stiffs for it :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
all this cash should of gone on a STi or WRX im sorry tom but its FACT weather you like it or not.

More poke than viagr
Yeah and the 8k insurance aswell....

Fact is, car currently owes me approx 2500 including everything ive bought....sold the clio for 2400, so not doing too badly. Id love a turbo of course i would, but doing it this way: ill have a subaru impreza with my choice of wheels, coilovers, WRC interior and several other nice bits with insurance i can afford and thats not that terrible of fuel. If i had bought i WRX or STI for starters i wouldnt get insured for less than 8k (trust me ive tried) it would be completely standard and i wouldnt be able to afford the fuel.

So all in all i still think ive made the right choice personally :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
still i just wouldnt of bothered with a impreza for that reason! thus why im thinking of a 5series next as i can aford to insure and run it (based on the fact ill have a fulltime job)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm quite suprised at what you're saying tbh Biffy, seeing that you've spent a fair wedge on the 1.2.

No offence Tom, but it's obvious you don't buy these car's with "driving" them being your priority. You like a car that looks good, you like the whole magazine scene and like a project, and that's totally up to you.

I say keep going and enjoy it mate, and 'topher, you f**king crack me up in this thread, to the point where I'm really laughing hard! LOL!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I'm quite suprised at what you're saying tbh Biffy, seeing that you've spent a fair wedge on the 1.2.

you'd be suprised at how much ive spent buddy no were near what you're thinking

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Daniel you can see what im getting at though, keeps buying s**t then realising it looks s**t or doesn't fit. Should of just bought something quick with the same money he'll spend on modding it. you dont buy a subaru just on looks?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Daniel you can see what im getting at though, keeps buying s**t then realising it looks s**t or doesn't fit. Should of just bought something quick with the same money he'll spend on modding it. you dont buy a subaru just on looks?

I can, but I can also see where he's coming from. He enjoys modifying more than going fast, so this is the answer!

Me personally, i'd have gone down the Turbo route, but I can 100% understand his point of view.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I can, but I can also see where he's coming from. He enjoys modifying more than going fast, so this is the answer!

Me personally, i'd have gone down the Turbo route, but I can 100% understand his point of view.

I totaly agree but personaly just wouldnt of bothered full stop. Anyway enough of me moanin Back on Topic chaps

More poke than viagr

but everything ive bought is second hand and have either sold on again or im trying to make it fit....dont know exactly what you mean though still.

I dont really need a fast car atm, i race karts at weekends and motocross when not karting so thats my fix for speed lol. Would love a track car but have got to wait till i finish uni as i cant afford 2 cars. Thinking of getting an old EF civic and track prepping it in a couple of years :) very very nearly bought one last year but couldnt afford it at the time :(

Also thinking of getting a bike and keeping this as a daily....but then again i dont really know what im doing next week, let alone next year! We'll see :)

Also i believe that for a 19 year old this is a great car and sometimes still cant believe i own a subaru impreza! :D

Back onto the car, decided to strip the rear seats out so that i dont have to be the taxi at uni giving everyone a lift, and just going out to fit strut brace

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Take it easy fellas, it's his choice. The NA issue doesn't bother me at all TBH. His reasons for buying the NA are pretty valid!

I still don't like that f*cking spoiler though dude. :p