ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proof that vista is a dogs dinner

T

thecremeegg

http://kadaitcha.cx/vista/index.html

Read this review all the way through (i know its long but theres some good stuff), there really are some stupid mistakes in vistas coding. The worst has to be the shutdown button - what planet were they on when they designed it?

anyways its all explained in the article

Tom

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
i look at vista and think "bloody hell cant windows invent there own thing instead of nicking ideas from mac and linux" not very impressed at all

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Those of us who predate were around in the computer industry before there was a Microsoft can only laugh at the way some people love to hate Microsoft for its dominance, while they keep buying its products. You can do better than Microsoft, but you can also do a lot worse. Before Microsoft everyone hated IBM.

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL half the stuff in that piece of junk review is from earlier versions before the final and is either fixed or changed LOL

Complete load of shite IMO

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just read the first few pages. The guy is obviously an idiot and a massive MS hater. Driver support is still poor so what does he expect?

If you move to Vista now you are as good as a beta tester. Testing in public has always been the MS way.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just said to my boss I might install it, I like a challange. lol Dual boot though for now.

Revels Mum & Sister
I am dual booting at home.

Actually driver wise. I didnt have to install ANY drivers on my gaming rig, and thats an up to date system.

Only thing I needed was a driver for webcam

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Those of us who predate were around in the computer industry before there was a Microsoft can only laugh at the way some people love to hate Microsoft for its dominance, while they keep buying its products. You can do better than Microsoft, but you can also do a lot worse. Before Microsoft everyone hated IBM.

I **** M$, and I dont buy any of their products.. so ner.

Not a Clio
I'm not an MS user, I wasn't bothered either way about Vista but the more I read the more I cringe.

Considering the amount of time, money and effort that's gone into it.... could have done better.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i look at vista and think "bloody hell cant windows invent there own thing instead of nicking ideas from mac and linux" not very impressed at all
hmm, so what processors are macs now using, not pc ones.........

it goes both ways, its all better for the consumer so why care, its only positive change, would you prefer to use a worse version of windows just so they didn't borrow some of the best bits from macs?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I'm fed up of people wineing on about MS. Windows, IMO is a great O/S, the company has been a massive success, and XP is the most stable version yet, Vista, will be great, and yes some of you may find faults, but why don't you just stick 2 ur 'Amazing Mac' and we'll stick to Windows? Ok? No Problem There? Just keep ur Sh*t to urself!

Furthermore, its like an IPod, some people like em, some don't, some people can use them, some can't... And jeans, or chavs, you'll have your own opinion! Keep it 2 urself unless its something useful!

Not a Clio
If people kept their opinions to themselves life would be very dull.

You're obviously an MS fan boy and can't bear to see people saying bad things about them.

By the way, not all of us non MS users, use mac OS's, there are others out there... ;)

Fiat Panda 100hp

You know Billy G sits at home on his Linux PCs lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

it goes both ways, its all better for the consumer so why care, its only positive change, would you prefer to use a worse version of windows just so they didn't borrow some of the best bits from macs?

Oh my god.. dont think I could have dreamt up a worse statement if I tried lol

PC means personal computer.. it has nothing to do with what architecture your processor is !

MS has nothing to do with the processors or the x86 architecture. Just because they have moved to x86 doesnt mean balls, maybe its a cost issue ? for the record, almost every single CPU architecture performs better per mhz than the x86 architecture.. so in my view it was a bad move by apple.. but hey as I said it may be a lot cheaper for them.

MS dont invent.. they copy others..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You know Billy G sits at home on his Linux PCs lol

Funnily enought not that long ago someone scanned www.microsoft.com and it came back as running linux lol..

Turned out one of the companies used to protect MS's servers were running linux on their systems so all connections were bouncing through their network first.. lol.. linux boxes protecting MS from attack.. that says it all !

Mk2 Golf GTI
Like it or not it will still outsell Mac and OSX so like MS give a toss what nerds think of it!

Also funny how most on here slating it haven't even used it.

Revels Mum & Sister

Oh my god.. dont think I could have dreamt up a worse statement if I tried lol

PC means personal computer.. it has nothing to do with what architecture your processor is !

MS has nothing to do with the processors or the x86 architecture. Just because they have moved to x86 doesnt mean balls, maybe its a cost issue ? for the record, almost every single CPU architecture performs better per mhz than the x86 architecture.. so in my view it was a bad move by apple.. but hey as I said it may be a lot cheaper for them.

MS dont invent.. they copy others..

LOL Dave did pwn himself

Considering the old MAC processors were Power PC processors ;)

Still, looks nice...

and thats why it will be successful.

I was reading an artical that made loads of sense (well to me) about MS.

It basically states a really big fact. It's in the computer industry's and MS to keep inventing software that is more processor intensive. For instance, I don't use Windows XP anymore. I've had windows since Windows 3.0. Recently I started using a flavor of Linux called Ubuntu. Now on Ubuntu I do many things just as fast, if not faster than on XP.

My laptop will run Ubuntu no problems and all the nice things called eye candy (Beryl) etc to make it look just as good as Vista. It's a 3 year old machine! Lol, XP is slow as s**t on it because of stuff like anti-virus etc.....Ubuntu doesn't need this and runs like a monster!

I cant use Vista on my computer (2Ghz/512mb 40gb hdd) very well. I would need to upgrade something. The whole machine or at least the RAM to run Vista. Therefore, all components manufacturers win (excuse the pun), for making upgrade components. Plus, there will be a large number of people who will bin there computer and pop out to PC World to get a new PC just because they think it is obsolete just because it wont run Vista. Thus, making millions of computers out of date overnight when in most cases it wont be..

Thats why I dislike MS because they think we are all fools. People should at least check out an alternative before bowing down to pressure to upgrade to keep up.

Plus, I really don't want to pay for something that can be done better for free!!

185lb/ft dCi
I don't know why everyone is hating on microsoft, the only reason it has flaws is because crackers and hackers are searching day and night for them. They have made an amazing operating system that took millions of lines of code to write, so why don't you stop dissing them unless your going to learn C and make your f**king own operating system.

I don't know why everyone is hating on microsoft, the only reason it has flaws is because crackers and hackers are searching day and night for them. They have made an amazing operating system that took millions of lines of code to write, so why don't you stop dissing them unless your going to learn C and make your f**king own operating system.

lol! you do work for them dont you ?? :rasp:

Regards to building my own operating system I am! Customising ubuntu to my own needs (for free!!) in a way I couldnt do with Windows.

Not a Clio
Why make your own OS when there are better ones freely available?

The flaws are already there, it hasn't got flaws because someone found them.

You may think MS OS's are the greatest thing since sliced bread but unless you use them whilst on crack I bet you've found yourself cursing when something has "closed unexpectedly", a critical system file has vanished into thin air, you get a BSOD for no apparent reason, MS office tells you you're out of memory despite having 1Gig and more than half of it's free etc etc

You probably put up with OS related annoyances everyday but you're so used to them that you conveniently forget about them when threads like this spring up.

I'm not going to plug a certain OS but I have to say since ditching MS over a year ago, computing has become a lot less stressful and time consuming.

Revels Mum & Sister
The thing with Windows is it is made in a way to be user friendly. This sometimes means it is flawed.

But if it was so bad then it wouldnt be used the world over for Servers, Base Units and the platform for most PC packages used in business.

The fact is 75% of people couldnt get a handle on Linux

185lb/ft dCi
The only reason linux is more secure is because its open source, ubuntu is the easy linux to be honest. If your so worried about security and things f**king up why don't you use backtrack? audit your f**king breakfast with that.

But the fact of the matter is, microsoft made an operating system that basically anyone can use, even my mum and thats saying something. So why gun them down, I bet the first operating system you used was built by microsoft so stop dissing them and saying they have done a bad job when really they havent...

Yadda. Yadda. Blah de blah de blah.

Vista will dominate the market and we all know it. I'll get it when I feel the need, not before. Period. The guys using Linux etc are in the minority and always will be. That's fine too, just stop bleating on about it and acting like the rest of us give a f**k :D

Mk2 Golf GTI
Yadda. Yadda. Blah de blah de blah.

Vista will dominate the market and we all know it. I'll get it when I feel the need, not before. Period. The guys using Linux etc are in the minority and always will be. That's fine too, just stop bleating on about it and acting like the rest of us give a f**k :D

Exactly!

I think it's obvious that the majority of us couldn't give a toss, as long as it opens up the programs i need why should i be worried?

Had my PC 2 years now on XP, not one blue screen of death or virus, and has only froze occasionally when i've got a rediculous amount of music apps open.

Not a Clio
Somebody must give a f**k, this thread is nearly 3 pages long now ;)

Minority has nothing to do with anything. Windows is the most used OS because it comes pre-installed with nearly all PC's.

Windows is for dumbies really, like Macester said even his mum can use it. It's not a good thing - Clicky

Minority has nothing to do with anything.

Yes it does. Vista will not be "s**t" as this thread implies. It will simply be disliked by the minority. I'm not going to be crying into my cornflakes because some geeks are using some random OS, and neither will MS be.

Not a Clio
Windows will always be s**t lol

Always has been and probably always will be!

Out of interest, If Vista or Vista+1 was the last ever OS that MS made, would you still stick with Windows?