ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting sport seats into non sport?

Putting sports into my non sport Clio should be as simple as out and in right? Anything I need to be aware of? I've heard of warning lights on the dash etc, as long as it won't affect my MOT I'm not bothered. Thinking of getting some Clio sport seats sometime soon. Thanks guys

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
If the non sport didn't have airbags there will be no lights and if it did the sports seats have airbags and they use the same plugs. So no lights should come,
If resistors are needed they cost pennys and are simple to fit.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Not sure, but when I put the recaros in, it was a pita to get to the ones where my cat used to be

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Are the bolts under the car deep 13?

They are indeed 13mm and yeah you'll need a deep socket. They are just a straight swap over, make sure you disconnect the battery before unplugging anything airbag wise. The airbag system is 'self cancelling' in the fact that the warning light will clear unless a fault is recognised as being active, not just because sensors have been unplugged and reconnected. The non sport seats don't tend to have as many airbag connections as the sport ones so there shouldn't be an issue though providing everything works on the seats you're putting in