ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue; The project thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Re: RB182 Diary

Any more details on the track tuition mate?

First time i had had tuition and its the best thing you can possibly do. Had 20 minutes with the guy, got his name somewhere to request in the future, and he was excellent.

Assessed you for a lap, then just told you how to improve technique, did the usual POWER POWER POWER, BREAK BREAK BREAK like they do on tv lol

After the session I just felt much more confident on track and was a lot faster, which was commented on by other people there too.

Anything in particular you want to know about it just ask!

DB.

BMW 440i

Price? :) Im definitely getting some of this :)

Is this just available at all tracks if you ask around? Was looking at starting with Bedford to start off with for my first track day. Can't exactly class FCS as track experience.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Price? :) Im definitely getting some of this :)

Is this just available at all tracks if you ask around? Was looking at starting with Bedford to start off with for my first track day. Can't exactly class FCS as track experience.

Was about £20 I think, I have bought it for my next too and that was only £10.

Most websites i have seen have it available, bedford is a motorsportvision track so should be available on their site when booking or on the day if slots are available.

OI!

Flickr has destroyed it :(

Probably hasn't helped that i have put it through PB too. And when you uploaded from iphoto i bet you selected to reduce the res, that seems to destroy pics.

DB.

BMW 440i

Thanks mate. :) Didn't realise this was so readily available!

You got any other mods in the pipeline? :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks mate. :) Didn't realise this was so readily available!

You got any other mods in the pipeline? :)
Seats as soon as i decide on some, then maybe bodies? I really dont know.

I was looking at selling it and buying a Nissan Navara earlier today lol, also tempted by that LY R27 in the classifieds but that would mean finance which i dont really want atm, hopefully buying a house soon so could do without the loan.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

A small update

Went for another trackday at Oulton on Wednesday, was a good day but I did have some problems with my wheel bolts coming loose.

I re torqued them up and after 6 laps they were starting to come loose again. I then decided to remove them all, clean them up to remove any grease on them as they had been copper greased and then put them back in and torqued up to 110Nm. Seemed to do the trick as they lasted the whole afternoon, its never the same though when its in the back of your mind and you keep having to check :(

Anyway, some pics:

_ZZY5920.jpg

_ZZY5501.jpg

_ZZY4762.jpg

Also had my wheels aligned yesterday. The alignment was all over the place after I had my coilovers fitted even though the garage did the tracking, but they really struggled with it and I ended up taking it with a compromised setup tbh.

Here is the before alignment, as you can see its not a pretty sight:

alignbefore0001.jpg

And this is after, all the readings are now within the tolerances but they said they would have preferred a bit more -ive camber on the front but thats as much as they would adjust.

alignnow0001.jpg

Car is now transformed, steering is straight when going straight and it doesn't pull to one side like it used to. Its a much more enjoyable car to drive and since getting it done I have only driven it around town so really looking forward to a blast in the dales :D

Alignment was only £45 too, so happy days :star:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Got my brakes changed today, gone for brembo HC's, DS2500's, braided lines and ferodo dot5.1 fluid.

Not bedded in properly yet but already notice a big improvement, much more bite than before :)

Previous to this my brakes were only changed for OEM stuff in January and the brakes have deteriorated loads in the last 2 weeks.

3 of my front pads had cracks in but apart from that didn't look too bad imo, although I dont really know lol

Pic below shows one of the pads with a crack in and the thickness left.

97f6d401.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

You used OEM pads at that trackday? and lol at your before alignment print :) I had mine all done 6 months ago and doing about 6k as put it all out again...!! getting it done again on Monday.

None

Nice one Mike, where did you get the pads from if you don't mind me asking?, after that run we did last sunday i'm starting to think i really need to do mine, not a nice feeling when you need the brakes and it's spongy as hell :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Been a while since an update!

So, this month I have been to cadwell, with nixiej and feirny, who was naturally the photographer for the day ;)

Splitter looks so cool in this pic :D

4882413948_aa6915e2bb_b.jpg

Then the next day this happened :(

A new PAS pump later and its good as new, steering feels lighter too for some reason? Maybe it was already on its way out?

And today these babys turned up :D

bdff5fd1.jpg

So all in all an expensive month for me! Just on the lookout for harnesses and sidemounts, then my seats should be in for trax :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Nice seats Mike :)........are those the ones you were looking at on ebay last week ?

Yep they are, paid way over the odds for them tbh :( They are almost mint though which kind of makes up for it :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Ooooo very nice seats mate.

You are going down the same route as i have, make sure you keep everything so you can put it back to standard and sell. Its too late for me :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Ooooo very nice seats mate.

You are going down the same route as i have, make sure you keep everything so you can put it back to standard and sell. Its too late for me :(

Cheers mate, I am coming to the idea of selling all the standard stuff because I am running out of space to put it. I know I'll regret it though :(

Anyway, another quick update, fitted my seats on Saturday. They are a million times better than standard as far as support goes, and the harnesses are no more hassle that seatbelts I have found being the normal buckle type.

4974778848_28b585f556_z.jpg

Seats by mjenic, on Flickr

4974160103_b4c4287e8a_z.jpg

Seats by mjenic, on Flickr

Also been to Trax this weekend, but not got any pics since my car was not looking very good when we went down lol.

So, mods/things to come:

Custom RARB - In my dining room
Carpet the rear floor - It was a choice between stripping or this, decided it will look much nicer carpeted, not quite hardcore enough for stripping yet :rasp:
MOT - Booked in on Saturday

Then its insurance time, plan is to go with Brentacre and fit some ITB's around christmas time.

None

Brilliant seats Mike, i would love some of these myself.
Now my cruise control has knackered up i'm tempted big time to go for the momo steering wheel we saw on that 197 at Trax :)

Oh and i went with Brentacre this year too, got a 200bhp limit policy with them last month, nice to deal with on the phone too.............all i need now is 200bhp :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Brilliant seats Mike, i would love some of these myself.
Now my cruise control has knackered up i'm tempted big time to go for the momo steering wheel we saw on that 197 at Trax :)

Oh and i went with Brentacre this year too, got a 200bhp limit policy with them last month, nice to deal with on the phone too.............all i need now is 200bhp :)

Exactly why I want to go with them. Might get a wheel for my Birthday off my parents too, just seems a shame since I have just got the CC working :(

Want to change the title of this thread too but cant think of anything, RB Diary is just boring lol

TTRS & V50

Nice update.

Gotta admit, it did look a little fly battered at Trax, lol.

You not having a look at the JMS 'ting?

None

I found i never used the CC anyway on mine so no great loss for me, i only used it now and again for something to do but i find motorways boring enough without taking away one of the features that keep me awake!

Cheers for the tip on the seatbelt buzzer too, just did it tonight so no more annoying beeps :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Those seats are mint Mike! Cant wait for a sit in them, oh and my car has just been sold :( lol Cant beleive I wont have it after Saturday!!!

Just seen :(

Yep they are nice, think they are exactly the same as chris's but a bit, erm, wider :eek:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Well it had to happen eventually, especially since half my street is unadopted :(

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

Looks split in 2 places, only noticed the 2nd when I looked at the pic :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Unlucky Mike, bound to happen at some point. You going to get another CF one or something else?

Unsure yet, I am going to leave it for a while since it looks ok from a standing height. Might get a fabia one but would prefer another ktec. Another option would be to try and bond this back together and spray it black, might try that first.

Cro

Meg'd r27

Seats look real nice dude, nightmare about the splitter. Doesn't look too bad at all in pics tbh, at least its still splitter shaped lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

You should have gone 3" harnesses :(

Otherwise can't fault it :approve:

Cheers mate.

These were £40 each, brand new. Couldn't get anything in 3" close to that :(

Happy with it though, nearly got some blue 3" one's off ebay used but just really wanted black :eek:

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Now all they have to do is withstand the test of time lol.

Got pissed off with the bimarco's after a couple of months. I'm taking it your going down the fully stripped route dude?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Now all they have to do is withstand the test of time lol.

Got pissed off with the bimarco's after a couple of months. I'm taking it your going down the fully stripped route dude?

Well, I really dont want to but it's looking that way. Next year it'll be on 100k no doubt and worthless so might aswell make it into a proper toy. Been looking at cage's too :eek:

Not to the chris(py.clio) level though, want it just nice, with air con and power steering :rasp:

I'm waiting until its worth so little its not worth selling, then buying something jap to run alongside, really want something jap but dont want to sell this so that will be my excuse lol.